inTank Media Baskets

I just got home from class so i haven't set it up quite yet but here is the unit, it came with the sol, controller, and mounting hardware!! Its the super blue.

Image-4.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Pretty excited right about now :)

Im going to home depot right now and I'm going to try and replicate trons hanging system. Ill have pics on this and my tank thread of it after its hung. Its so pretty :) I can't wait for shimmer...T5HO's just don't have it lol (obviously)

Edited by tristanschlueter
SouthFlorida_Tron
Is the hanging kit that clamps to the back of the tank that comes with the sol nano available for the standard size?

i believe its a diferent setup, youd have to rig it somehow with a metal bar or something...

the nano setup has one or two (i would think) screws going the width of the tank towards you

the sol setup has two screws going parallel to the length of the tank, or from end to end, so i dont know how that would work out without jerry rigging :)

Well got the sol mounted and running this morning. Made a miscalculation when measuring everything up the first time and had to re-do the hangers because it was totally crooked ha ha. Im posting pictures on my build thread :)

saltwatercoral
Well got the sol mounted and running this morning. Made a miscalculation when measuring everything up the first time and had to re-do the hangers because it was totally crooked ha ha. Im posting pictures on my build thread :)

Awesome, glad u got it hung! U should def post a pic or 2 here as well, for everyone to see!

Edited by saltwatercoral
saltwatercoral
Ask and you shall receive!

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Yes that is a star wars lego set in the background, built it with my 12yo brother ;)

Love the colors that the Blue brings out! It looks real NICE! What r your settings u have it on now?

Right now I'm only maxing out at 25% but here is my light cycle so far.

10a.m 17, 20, 20 30m ramp

1p.m 20, 25, 25 30m ramp

7p.m 17, 20, 20 30m ramp

9p.m 0, 4, 4 15m ramp

2a.m 0, 0, 0

Please let me know if anything should be changed or how i can make it better. I had my old light on for 12 hours a day. So for starters i have this one set up for 11 hours a day.

I do have to say that the SOL Nano leds are nice looking with the touch interface! It looks as good as it performs and it performs GREAT! When do you think u will be getting net module?

well, hopefully soon, first up is the ai controller for my sol nano, im still undecided if i should get the one that Digital Aquatics sells for the reef keeper to control the ai units or just get the aqua illuminations controller....decisions....im leaning toward the ai controller for now.

I was on the fence too about the reef keeper module or another AI Controller. AI seem to update their controller more frequently than digital aquatics from what I have noticed. If a new feature comes out on the AI, you know you will see it first on the AI controller.

The AI controller is easy to set and I love the blue-lit display. Also at a glance, you see what timer is active with info on each led intensity. Tells you when a thunderstorm started and when it will end..etc. sleek controller in my opinion.

well, hopefully soon, first up is the ai controller for my sol nano, im still undecided if i should get the one that Digital Aquatics sells for the reef keeper to control the ai units or just get the aqua illuminations controller....decisions....im leaning toward the ai controller for now.
Edited by Naturalreef
saltwatercoral
IMG_4174.JPG

fts-10-2-11.jpg

Nano in True Blue over an ADA 60-F...<3 this thing, still have to turn it down since my tank is so shallow :(

Setup looks real nice. The mount for the nano looks good to! Great job!

saltwatercoral

Alright after doing some digging and more digging, I was able to create a list of everyone so far that has posted and has a AQUA ILLUMINATIONS light in there setup! I created a list on the first page in the first post. Just click on a members name and it will take you to there build thread as well! I hope everyone enjoys this and please PM me if I have something wrong. It took me a while bouncing back and fourth between pages and copying and pasting links, but I think its correct.

Thanks and keep the posts coming everyone! Anyone is welcome to post pic’s of there setups at anytime with there AQUA ILLUMINATIONS lights!

saltwatercoral
here is mine, some more mods need be done but here is a glimpse of what is to come.

photo2.jpg

photo-4.jpg

This looks real nice. Cool mod! Just make sure there is enought ventilation for the SOL heatsink and fan when it kicks on! Post some more pics as you go! Your now in the list as well on the first page!

This is my first post and i just recieved my Nano sol Blue with controller and set it up today. I used the idea of L brackets from this forum which only ran me eight scoots at Lowes! :happy:

*I was running the stock 150w MH on the tank before, but it was causing crazy temp jumps so i went with the Nano Sol. Frogspawn, Ricordia, and Zoas all loving it.

post-70328-1320297290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Misfortune