inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

Wowsurz!!! Looks great & I :wub: Curly!

Thanks!

that is so simple, yet so amazing... i love my 29 and although it's fairly new and my corals have not started to really grow yet, i envy some of these stunning pico tanks like yours, its so awesome.

TY!

Give it time.

This little tank has been up for a few months, and I have had the advantage of ordering from some really amazing vendors (ReefCleaners & Sealife) and also having a mature tank to pull a few livestock pieces from.

You rename them.... Brown diamonds became "congac" and "champange". Kinda like naming zoas.

Tank is looking great

Hmmm......and here I've been naming Zoas things like Paul and Lucy.

Obviously I've been going about it all wrong!

That tank looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing so many pictures.

I'm really interested to see if the flame scallop thrives-- I've always loved them but never been willing to try to keep one for fear of just watching it die slowly.

The selection of macro is beautiful.

Do you run your refugium on the same time schedule as the display? or reverse? seems like reverse might work well for O2 saturation...

I've been thinking about my fuge, I suppose it is time to stop thinking and start doing. The extra water and extra microfauna are both needed for my tank.

Well speaking of the Flame Scallop, it has done something overnight that I never expected. :blink:

I came out to find it somehow attached in the silicone seam about halfway up the front left corner of the tank.

When I went to bed last night it was on the bottom in the front right corner of the tank.

Kinda has to be seen to be believed, will get pics when lights come on later this afternoon.

As for the Refugium, the underwater light from InTank is left on 24 hrs a day.

However, I've been concerned that it wasn't putting out enough light for the Macros, so I recently started also running the 18w PC light from the display over it from about 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The PC light runs over the display from about 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.

I am hoping that the Microfauna produced by the Refugium becomes more prolific over time.

I currently def have Stomatella snails reproducing, and I believe some of the other small snails are as well.

Thanks guys. :blush:

Just a lil quickie update-- the Pederson's Anemone Shrimp are way cool.

They're super tiny and I totally expected them to be shy and reclusive, but they're not at all.

They're out and moving around all the time.

The shyer of the two likes to hang out on my corals in the back of the tank and the bolder one is pretty much all over the place.

I feed small pellets that float before sinking, and when I put one in the other day the bolder one was literally swimming upside down across the water's surface trying to catch it!

There's been no conflict whatsoever between the the lone Sexy Shrimp and the Pederson's Anemone Shrimp.

These guys are awesome Pico Inverts.

They're so tiny that I think they could even work in sub-gallon Picos.

He just--- died.

I fed the tank a bunch of Filter Feeder food and had planned on doing an 80% WC the next day, but life has been chaotic and it took me an extra couple of days to get around to it and I suspect waste just built up and that's what killed him.

*Sigh*

It is what it is, just gotta move onward and forward.

I'm so aggravated/bummed/verklempt right now.

I think the second Pedersons Shrimp is now dead.

I haven't seen him since the tank lights came on and he is ALWAYS right out there in the middle of everything.

Ugh.

Sorry to hear about the losses Weetie. We all know your husbandry and care is way above top-notch so it must be another freak occurrence/reason why it happened.

Happens to the best of us :(

Thanks guys. :flower:

Even if they had a guarantee, I can't add anything else to the tank per Contest Guidelines.

The Shrimpies were my super special addition and I can't add no more.

• 1 month later...