Top Shelf Aquatics

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

This is so cool!

The Sexy Shrimp keeps hanging out in the Maxi's, and I really think he might host one or both of them! :happy:

Here are some long overdue shots of the Refugium.

Looking in from outside, you can see all the little mini featherdusters growing on the side:

IMG_58541.jpg

Top-down shot:

IMG_58511.jpg

Here's a closeup of the 1" mud bottom, hopefully it's clear enough to give you an idea of the different layers it's settled into:

IMG_58521.jpg

Edited by Weetabix7

IMG_5710.jpg

Wow Weetie!! I just got through going through this new thread of yours..I must say this is the coolest fuge I've ever seen....Love the sexy shrimp as well. This tank makes me want a macro tank, I didn't realize you could get such cool color combos out of them.

SO glad that you sent me the link to this thread Weetie. This tank is chock full of natural reefing goodness. I'm amazed at the diversity of life that you have and all without a single fish. You've got something that you should be incredibly proud of :wub:

This picture is soooo awesome....I can't wait til my wife and I have children some day so that I can share this amazing hobby with them as well.

Little Boys and Reefing :happy:

IMG_5607.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hopefully I will have lots of cool updates for this tank soon.

To be perfectly honest I have done nothing with this tank for the last month other than WC's and feeding it.

However, I am excited about the order I placed with Sealife for the last of the livestock that will go in this tank.

I will be getting that in on Tuesday next week, so it'll be last minute, but I'm excited about what I'm getting.

I'll be getting 2 Pederson Anemone Shrimp, a Purple Gorg, a Red Ball Sponge and one extra thing that they will surprise me with.

They were out of another Yellow Gorg that I ordered, so I told them what I was trying to do with the tank and they said they'd look for something for me when they went out collecting this weekend.

We are all waiting with lots of anticipation ;)

Nothing like a last min addition for the contest -- LOL -- trying to get one for the Pico lamp but have a major purchase this weekend I want to do in a different hobby so not sure if I can manage something before the end of the month.

I really hope it all works out.

I had a little payment snafu with Paypal and am trying to work out an alternate method of payment in time to get the order in under the deadline.

Aaaaagh!!! :scarry:

Sealife order just came in!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg

The little Shrimpies look so cool, one of them has curly antennae.

I wonder if this is normal?

Got 2 Pedersons Anemone Shrimp

1 Nano Red Ball Sponge

1 Purple Gorgonian

1 Yellow Gorgonian

and in addition to what I ordered they also sent a small Shaving Brush Plant and a White Flame Scallop.

I'm a little nervous about the Scallop cause I've always heard they're hard to keep alive long-term, but I told them all about what I'm trying to do with the tank and they looked at the tank thread, and this is what they picked out for me, so I'm going with it.

Kara at Sealife was very, very nice to work with.

They originally were out of stock on the Yellow Gorgonian I ordered and she said she was going collecting this last weeked, so I just told her to pick something out for me.

Not only does it appear that she found another Yellow Gorg, but she sent the Shaving Brush Macro and White Flame Scallop as extras too.

I know that's kind of a lot of Filter Feeders, but I have the Filter Feeder Food from ReefCleaners and the Mud Based Refugium is supposed to produce a lot of MicroFauna as well.

I hope it works, this is my first serious attempt to sustain Filter Feeders!

My tank lights don't come on til about 4 in the afternoon, but I'll get pics up then.

At least it'll give the Shrimp a little while to settle in while it's still dark.

I really hope my Sexy Shrimp doesn't give them any trouble, I'm a little concerned that he will.

Edited by Weetabix7

:lol:

I'm in the midst of drip acclimating the first of the 2 shrimp.

Turns out he looks like he has curly antenna cause he molted during shipment.

That's not a bad thing, is it?

I don't want that to make it more traumatic for him to adapt to a new environment.

Everything but the Shrimp is in.

Purple Plume Gorg alrdy has polyps out, Scallop is open, everything looks cool. :)

I think it will be ok..my skunk cleaner molted in the bag too :mellow:

can't wait to see da pix! B)

That's good to hear.

Hey, I know you got Gorgs from Sealife too, which ones did the best for you?

The description said they like high flow, do you know if they mind being in direct flow?

My Yellow one is directly beneath the overflow from my Refugium and I can def see it moving in the current.