Top Shelf Aquatics

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

Gorgeous rock!!!!!! I too adore stomatellas. I had sooo many, but noticed far fewer little ones, and I know exactly why. My sexy shrimp like to eat them :wacko:

I've caught them in the act too many times.

Can you find the Stomatella Snail in this pic?

I love Stomatellas. When I was at my LFS last week, I noticed that they had some Stomatellas crawling on the front glass of one of their aquariums. I asked if they'd sell me some and they said I could have them for free if I wanted to pull them out myself. I :wub: my LFS!!! I got 4 baby Stomatellas and 1 med sized one. I may see if I can get more when I go back.

I like them too and have at least one but may have spotted a second one that is much smaller than the first one I saw after the tank had been running for about 3 months or so .. of course I hardly ever see it but did post some pictures on my thread a while ago. If you do a search for Stomatella you will find the pics ..

I like them too and have at least one but may have spotted a second one that is much smaller than the first one I saw after the tank had been running for about 3 months or so .. of course I hardly ever see it but did post some pictures on my thread a while ago. If you do a search for Stomatella you will find the pics ..

I remember seeing you post pics of your Black Stomatella. Those are really cool & hard to find.

Nice revival.
Really like the rock! I'll be tagging along :)
Looking good. Glad to see your back. :)

Thanks!! :happydance:

Current FTS as of 11/1/12

IMG_0589.jpg

This tank has now been up for 4 weeks & I believe it is cycled. Yeah, yeah, I was a little sneaky. More pics later.

Howdy!

Glad to see your pictures! I really enjoy the vivid purple. That macro is super! I hope you find the ID b/c I want some macro algae in my 12 G and that one is gorgeous! My LFS's have the plain fuge macros, nothing pretty. :(

To be honest, I haven't tried to find an ID on the Macro yet. I'll post here if I find out what it is.

Tonight was WC night. In cleaning the tank up, I was amazed at the little speckles of coralline that are starting up on the glass. I don't think I've ever had a tank where coralline got a foothold as fast as it has in this one. And honestly, I didn't do anything special to bring that about, just got lucky I guess.

Had a blue leg hermit die the other day. I suspect it just didn't get enough food. I do put food in there, but these particular hermits seem to be very ineffectual scavengers and there are enough bristleworms that it wouldn't surprise me if they're out-competing the hermits for food on some days.

And truthfully, the most recent blue-leg addition was completely accidental. I asked my LFS for some empty shells for when the hermits molt, and they told me to just pick some out. Pretty sure I accidentally picked a shell that wasn't as empty as I thought. :blush:

Looking forward to getting Macros from keydiver on Tues. :happydance:

Looking good!

I :wub: Stomatellas too. Had to mooch some from a local reefer - this was the first build where I didn't get any HH on my live rock. Then of course I got a couple solid black ones (so awesome) on some frags later... Anyway, now have like 50 :P . Even have what look like some leopard spotted babies, but they are small and very fast...

Leopard spotted baby Stomas would be very cool. I have one baby Stoma that coralline all over it's tiny half-shell so I guess you could say I have a rare Pink Stoma. :P

I have little sprigs of 8 new Macroalgaes in my tank!!! :happydance:

I won't have pics of them in the tank til later, but I took pics as I unpacked them & will post those in keydiver's feedback thread in a bit.

Need to get coffee first. Priorities, y'know. ;)

I don't have good pics of all the Macros, and everything got all knocked out of place today so I gotta rearrange it anyway, but here's pics of a couple of the Macros:

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Looking good. FYI Premiums live rock right now is Blah nothing like you got in the past. They are my LFS.

Hmm, interesting. Although when I got my rock from them, I contacted them first to find out when they were getting their next load of Pacific LR in, told them exactly what I was looking for, and asked them to ship it out to me as soon as they got it in so it would be as fresh as possible. They got the rock in on a Friday & shipped to me on a Monday. That may have made a difference in the quality of what I got.

So jealous that they are your LFS.

I don't have good pics of all the Macros, and everything got all knocked out of place today so I gotta rearrange it anyway, but here's pics of a couple of the Macros:

]Hmm, interesting. Although when I got my rock from them, I contacted them first to find out when they were getting their next load of Pacific LR in, told them exactly what I was looking for, and asked them to ship it out to me as soon as they got it in so it would be as fresh as possible. They got the rock in on a Friday & shipped to me on a Monday. That may have made a difference in the quality of what I got.

So jealous that they are your LFS.

Could be Botryocladia uvaria but you need to look it up on the net or the algae databases. It is also referred to as Red Branching Algae I believe

Leopard spotted baby Stomas would be very cool. I have one baby Stoma that coralline all over it's tiny half-shell so I guess you could say I have a rare Pink Stoma. :P

I have little sprigs of 8 new Macroalgaes in my tank!!! :happydance:

I won't have pics of them in the tank til later, but I took pics as I unpacked them & will post those in keydiver's feedback thread in a bit.

Need to get coffee first. Priorities, y'know. ;)

:D

Can't wait to see this turn into a jungle!

Soooo...... it looks like I will probably be getting a very nice, FREE custom built 40B stand in the next couple of days.

Don't think I'll be putting a regular old 40B setup on it though.

What will I do w/it, you ask?

Well, I'm working on that.

:WalksAwayChortling:

Soooo...... it looks like I will probably be getting a very nice, FREE custom built 40B stand in the next couple of days.

Don't think I'll be putting a regular old 40B setup on it though.

What will I do w/it, you ask?

Well, I'm working on that.

:WalksAwayChortling:

TV stand?? you could put a mirror on it and have a pretty nice vanity :D

I love a good mystery. But, we need more clues! clues! clues! clues! :)

I have a general idea, but I'm still figuring it out.

I originally wanted to do something that was 48" long.

But seriously, how could I pass this up?

So now I gotta find a way to make it work at 36" long.

TV stand?? you could put a mirror on it and have a pretty nice vanity :D

Blasphemy!!!!!