ReefCleaners.org

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

No new fishy for me today.

Their whole order got held up in Indianapolis somehow and won't get here til Friday, at which time all or most of the fish will be dead, I'm sure. :(

No new fishy for me today.

Their whole order got held up in Indianapolis somehow and won't get here til Friday, at which time all or most of the fish will be dead, I'm sure. :(

:(

That's heartbreaking.

Love the new photos!!!! That red bone I sent you, on the bottom in the photo, I purchased because as it grows it branches out like a birdsnest. It was my intention to grow that in place of SPS. It has a pretty nice looking growth pattern.

:(

That's heartbreaking.

Love the new photos!!!! That red bone I sent you, on the bottom in the photo, I purchased because as it grows it branches out like a birdsnest. It was my intention to grow that in place of SPS. It has a pretty nice looking growth pattern.

I'm glad you saw that! I actually really like all of the Macros I've gotten, and they look really good in the tank, both the ones from you and the ones from keydiver. The tank is starting to really shape up and look nice and I'm a little frustrated that I haven't been able to get good pics to convey that. Life's just been busy, I'm working on it.

my blue ochtodes did the same thing that yours did. its been in the tank about a week now and its all back to blue :D

That's great to hear!

In my case I ended up with a few small clumps after trimming it and they kinda attached themselves to different crevices in the LR or even to other plants, and I've kinda just left them alone and allowed them to do that. Because the clumps are pretty small, they aren't really showing up in pics yet but they're there. I do feel hopeful about what's left.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Now I'm off to prep and cook.

Edited by Weetabix7
I'm glad you saw that! I actually really like all of the Macros I've gotten, and they look really good in the tank, both the ones from you and the ones from keydiver. The tank is starting to really shape up and look nice and I'm a little frustrated that I haven't been able to get good pics to convey that. Life's just been busy, I'm working on it.

I'm sure it looks fantastic! We can wait for life to settle down and leave you more time for picture taking :happy:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Now I'm off to prep and cook.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I have about an hour before the bird goes in the oven, the kitchen heats up, and the house smells like heaven!!!!!!!! Enjoy your family day :)

• 2 weeks later...

gonna be hunting and pecking w/left hand in posts for a while. fell and shattered right wrist while roller-skating w/my boys yesterday. had surgery to put plate in wrist this morning. am home and ok, but tired.

gonna be hunting and pecking w/left hand in posts for a while. fell and shattered right wrist while roller-skating w/my boys yesterday. had surgery to put plate in wrist this morning. am home and ok, but tired.

O.M.G. So sorry, that is terrible. Hope you're on good painkillers and are getting a lot of help with the kids etc...

Here's to a quick recovery, Weetie. :flower:

Aw geez! Just before the holidays too. Hope you will heal quickly!

Thx everyone.

Ok, pics.

These were taken a few days ago, before I picked up and rearranged several Macro pieces that had fallen into the rockwork and before I added a frag of Clove Polyps. It looks much, much nicer than this in real life and the Macros are doing well. Unfortunately, it may be a little while before I can take pics to show that. But here's what I do have.

Full tank shot

IMG_0686.jpg

Room context shot B)

IMG_0675.jpg

The Blue Ochtodes lives!

IMG_0690.jpg

Orange Yuma

IMG_0691.jpg

Coralline coverage on glass bottom

IMG_0688.jpg

• Like 1

P1010730.jpg

The difference between my 2 hands 1 week after surgery.

Should have a follow-up visit w/the surgeon in the next couple of days.

Nice and sweet Christmas story leg lamp!!! Classic!

What kind of light is on your tank?

It's actually just an 18w PC perch light.

Edited by Weetabix7
MeanGreenEyes
P1010730.jpg

The difference between my 2 hands 1 week after surgery.

Should have a follow-up visit w/the surgeon in the next couple of days.

O.M.G.!!! Wow, you were not kidding when you mentioned the swelling! Scary! Yes, definitely focus on resting and healing. :( Hopefully they gave you the good pain meds to deal with the pain.

Yikes. Sorry about your hand... I feel your pain literally, I am recovering from a surgery myself and have been for the past three months. Just do what the doc says, go to therapy and ice and anti-inflamitories are crucial.

Wish you a fast recovery!