ReefCleaners.org

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Truthfully, there's a film all over the glass.

I got extremely discouraged when the Pedersen's Shrimp died and I've had a lot of life junk going on, so I've done absolutely nothing other than daily topping off and feeding.

Everything's just kinda maintaining a status quo, nothing's dying, nothing's growing.

Consider it a tank in utero... it's just waiting to come out into the world and grow into something special once the time is right :)

:blowskisses:

We've all been there, sometimes reefin' has to take a back-seat to real life. The trick is having a system that can sustain itself under such circumstances... which, realistically, kinda was what it was begun to prove from the outset, non? :)

:flower:

We've all been there, sometimes reefin' has to take a back-seat to real life.

Couldn't have said it any better....there are certainly more important things that come up leaving the tank in the rear-view for a while. I know that I've been there at least a handful of times in the last 4-5 years of reefing.

After reading this, I immediately thought about this article on ReefBuilders about "carefully neglecting your tank." Thought it was a worth a read if you have a chance - http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/21/careful-neglect/ Take home is that there is neglect (from just not caring) and careful neglect, where you maintain the status quo and health of the tank but don't have either the time or energy to take things to the next level.

We all know what an amazing reefer you are Lisa....your tank, although you may find it not up to snuff at the moment, is probably healthier than a lot of tanks on here.

Keep chugging along and the tank/critters will be there when you have more time to dedicate to them :flower:

Edited by divecj5
We've all been there, sometimes reefin' has to take a back-seat to real life. The trick is having a system that can sustain itself under such circumstances... which, realistically, kinda was what it was begun to prove from the outset, non? :)

:flower:

Couldn't have said it any better....there are certainly more important things that come up leaving the tank in the rear-view for a while. I know that I've been there at least a handful of times in the last 4-5 years of reefing.

After reading this, I immediately thought about this article on ReefBuilders about "carefully neglecting your tank." Thought it was a worth a read if you have a chance - http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/21/careful-neglect/ Take home is that there is neglect (from just not caring) and careful neglect, where you maintain the status quo and health of the tank but don't have either the time or energy to take things to the next level.

We all know what an amazing reefer you are Lisa....your tank, although you may find it not up to snuff at the moment, is probably healthier than a lot of tanks on here.

Keep chugging along and the tank/critters will be there when you have more time to dedicate to them :flower:

+1 to both

I like to compare our tanks to bonsai's, & one of the most important aspects of both. is allowing them time to rest, while you come & go. other wise you find your self holding a bleached twig. your tank loves you, happy to wait. when your at a point where you can sit. calm. focused. centered. it will be there for you.

Hey W-

Just as an FYI since I am coming to this rather late... Your shrimp may have expired due to old age. The lifespan of these guys are +/- 2 years max and you may have gotten yours at the tail end of that.

• 1 year later...

This tank is due to be featured in a chapter on Algae in a new and final updated version of "The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium" by AJ Nilsen, due to be published sometime this year.

Watch for it!

• 7 months later...