Coral Vue Hydros

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

AdriftQuasar

I think I'm falling in love with macroalgae! It would certainly be a good theme for a pico, and I imagine low maintainence. I had been so fixated on hard corals lately, I had forgotten about my affection for softies. Thanks!

Thanks guys!

One cool thing that I just noticed yesterday is that I'm starting to see an explosion of microfauna.

That's something I had actually wanted a large variety of in here, and I suspect the recent explosion is due in part to a donation from johnmaloney of a handful of mud from one of his tanks and the large of amount of Macros I've added recently.

I suppose this might be silly, but I was really excited yesterday to see that coralline is starting to grow on my glass.

IMG_5597.jpg

I see this as a sign of good health, esp. considering that this tank has only been going with a light over it for around 5 weeks.

If you look closely at the above pic you will also that I now have Flatworms.

I'm sure they hitchhiked in on all the recent stuff.

I know that a lot ppl freak out over the presence of Flatworms, but to my knowledge it's the red ones that are problematic.

I've had these little tan ones in tanks before with no issues so I don't really plan on trying to kill them off.

The only problem I worry about with them is that anyone getting Macro from me from this tank will have to deal with them.

Almost overnight I also saw an explosion of these micro feather dusters all over the glass: IMG_5599.jpg

Here's a pic taken farther out, check out all the little white specks all over the glass:

IMG_5598.jpg

I feel good about some of the stuff I'm seeing happen in here.

Now I just need to really do some work making the jungle a little more orderly!

I know that a lot ppl freak out over the presence of Flatworms, but to my knowledge it's the red ones that are problematic.

I've had these little tan ones in tanks before with no issues so I don't really plan on trying to kill them off.

I have some of the little tan ones in Hawke's Pico Lamp. Only problem I really see is that they multiply and if left unchecked can start to take over. To combat this I just suck out as many as possible with each water change. Other then that I don't worry about them.

It's very disorganized right now as you can see, I have a lot of rearranging to do.

I've added a TON of Macros both to the Display and to the Fuge.

Will try to do a more detailed update in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by, always nice to see you here.

Instead of "disorganised", why not call it "El Naturale"? ;) letting it take its own form... :lol:

I really do get sad every time I see the array of macro you guys can get over there. So many beautiful colours and growth forms, it's difficult not to fall in love with it all...

Instead of "disorganised", why not call it "El Naturale"? ;) letting it take its own form... :lol:

I really do get sad every time I see the array of macro you guys can get over there. So many beautiful colours and growth forms, it's difficult not to fall in love with it all...

Yeah, but YOU get to live by the Great Barrier Reef.

I think you win. ;)

animalmaster6

Hey Weetie,

Yes those are good flatworms. I have the Acoel species, they are also good.

I am really jealous of you right now :P I've been dying for Micro Feather Dusters on my glass. I only have a few on my rocks.

Hey Weetie,

Yes those are good flatworms. I have the Acoel species, they are also good.

I am really jealous of you right now :P I've been dying for Micro Feather Dusters on my glass. I only have a few on my rocks.

I think that's the first time I've had someone be jealous of me for that reason. :P

The thing is, the next time I run a magnet cleaner over the glass they'll get crushed, so I feel bad about that.

I guess I can just leave them alone on the 2 non-viewing sides.

animalmaster6

Maybe move it around them?

My goals for the 125g is to

A). Make sure every living creature is healthy even every .25" snail.

B ). To successfully have nano gobies and pipefish in a large tank.

C). To have as much diversity in hitchhikers as possible!!

Edited by animalmaster6
Yeah, but YOU get to live by the Great Barrier Reef.

I think you win. ;)

Okay, I'll grant you that ;) even if I've lived by it for 23 years on Sunday and still never managed to go visit it... :mellow:

Either way, if I was stateside as a resident I think my first order of business would be setting up a seagrass biotope... such an underappreciated biotope that one is...

I really think if you live in Australia and can't find this kind of diversity of Marco Algae fauna then you are probably just not looking in the right place ;)

I really think if you live in Australia and can't find this kind of diversity of Marco Algae fauna then you are probably just not looking in the right place ;)

We've not really got any of the nicely coloured stuff, and any that we do have we're not allowed to collect. Unfortunately we're only allowed to collect fish... even then it's strictly regulated. Marine plants are a no-go unless you want $10000+ fines and criminal proceedings brought forth by the federal government :mellow:

We hereby interrupt the interesting discussion on Aussie Reef Collection Practices for the following announcement---

I've been really frustrated with the Full Tank Shots I've been getting.

They always look washed out and grainy and nothing like how nice the tank looks in real life.

After following some helpful suggestions from our NR Photog Experts, I got the following FTS:

IMG_5641.jpg

This is MUCH closer to how nice this tank looks in real life, I'm happy now. :happy:

Back to the discussion....

(which IS interesting.)

I got me some cool stuff for this tank at the Frag Swap today....

Pics when I can get them, gotta go acclimate and dip now.

Got Blastos, Red Mushroom, and Zoas. :)

Needreefunds

Looking very spiffy L !!

Lovin'it.

...was that Monkfish??? :o

Hello B !!

Soooo good to see you here again.

Super sweet last FTS as well Lisa. B)