Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Funktastic Wint
I know what you mean... I want 5 fish $3/ea, but shipping is the holdup...

I have both mini minis and maxi minis. My maxis are my favorites, but mini minis are good for picos.

yeah if online retailers were a little smarter they would make each individual item more expensive and advertise free shipping. that way people like u and i would purchase something instead of nothing.and say if u spend less than what it costs to ship it than there will be a small fee. idk just my .02

anyways yeah there are some really cool mini anemones here. and i want some for a sexy shrimp to host in my pico.

I need to get a new pic of my mini maxi. my mini mini's are deciding to fission again. I have several once more. Time to trade them off or find new happy homes :3

Edit:

IMG_7785.jpg

She looks happy.

WOW :o I so want that little beauty!

Where do you live funktastic? I could maybe ship some mini minis to you via priority, but it might have to wait until a little later in the spring when it warms up some.

Funktastic Wint
Where do you live funktastic? I could maybe ship some mini minis to you via priority, but it might have to wait until a little later in the spring when it warms up some.

ooooh :flower: i live in sacramento, CA 95843

I could probably ship you some for like $25 priority. I'm not sure if I could go any lower than that, maybe. But best to wait a month or so for it to warm up a bit. I just have 32 hr heat packs right now, not sure if that would be enough.

Funktastic Wint
I could probably ship you some for like $25 priority. I'm not sure if I could go any lower than that, maybe. But best to wait a month or so for it to warm up a bit. I just have 32 hr heat packs right now, not sure if that would be enough.

i love those raspberry mini minis :)

i will def buy one off you if u still have em after i upgrade my lights. if u can hook me up with that good shippin.

I went and picked up two more mini maxi's for 10 dollars each. I will get pics once they get into the tank and adjusted. they are green and the other is purpleish.

Funktastic Wint
I went and picked up two more mini maxi's for 10 dollars each. I will get pics once they get into the tank and adjusted. they are green and the other is purpleish.

score!

hook a brotha up! lol :)

score!

hook a brotha up! lol :)

I think you are in the states. Which makes that awkward at best.

New nem, as best as I can get it. the other one went and hid behind a rock:

IMG_7832.jpg

Pink one is my current beauty. the new one is the green and tan thing. Hardly see it, but it's lovely all the same.

IMG_7836.jpg

Pink one is darkening as time goes on.

Edit: She settled in so I got a better view today:

IMG_7849.jpg

The other one is being obnoxious

Edited by Sunstar

The prices are getting more reasonable all over. I picked up a blue one 2 weeks ago for $35 and the most stunning powder blue and a pale lemon yellow one for $30 each. First thing I do before releasing them into the tank is cut them in half - they're very hardy little critters :D

Shipping livestock internationally...

Yeah, that was what I meant. Shipping internationally.

I should have cut mine in half, but I didn't. I will if I deem it necessary to move them.

oh thanks. i want some mini minis but they seem hard to come by. and buying online always means hefty shipping costs... grrrrrr. i have no problem throwin down cash for some good livestock but not 40-60$ just for shipping. thats crazy.

Where are you located? Cultivated reefs shipping is $19 in New England, $34 outside. They have maxis & mini minis

Deadly-Teddly

gahhh, i would post a pic of my very prettyful maxi mini nem if it would ever decide to come back to the front of the aquarium instead of hiding in the back lol. and reefgodess....i will purchase my next maxi mini from you! talk about some eye candy! omgomgomg and also.....how could i remove it and place it in the front again without killing it? i spent damn near 100 bucks w/ shipping for it so i wanna see it! :P

Edited by Deadly-Teddly

Is attached to rock? Will you need to rip your entire tank apart in order to get to it? Is this an option? lol If its attached to a fairly flat rock and not hiding in a hole, then you ought to be able to peel the foot off with your finger nail (if you can get to the foot) and move it to a spot in the front. I use rubble rock to create a corral of sorts to keep them from moving off into the main part of my live rock. Its fairly successful. ;p

They have a tendency to stay put better if placed in clam/oyster/scallop shaped shells. If your lights are very bright then it will tend to move under your rocks. Just medium lighting is good enough.

If nothing else, you could just reaquascape around your anemone. hehe They are very sneaky.

Nope, sorry. I can ship to a friend on the border. :P

if I knew anyone in niagara falls USA I might... but I don't live about an hour and a bit away from there. 4 hour bicycle ride.