ReefCleaners.org

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile

Let's get a central place to show off pics of all our beautiful Mini and Mini Maxi Anemones!

I'll get started as soon as I get my pics uploaded.

Edit. Uploaded.

MiniMaxi_Nem.jpg

MiniMaxi_Nem2.jpg

Taken with phone camera.

Edited by NaClCrocodile
  • 2 months later...
NaClCrocodile

I have more :D

So I says to myself:

"Self, you should get these off of that dumb rock so you can frag them easier"

"Good idea you handsome devil, you"

*Commence hammer and chiseling and other shenanigans*

15-20mins later:

maximinidamage.jpg

Given a few weeks to heal and collect:

maxirightside.jpg

Pink and sandy:

pinkndsandymaxi.jpg

My personal favorite:

pinkyellowmaximytank.jpg

And a close up:

pinkyellowmaxiclose.jpg

All photos taken with flash & on my cell phone lol.

NaClCrocodile
You've got nice maxi's :D

Ty. I do what I can. Hopefully I'll be one of the "good guys" bringing the prices back to what they should be.

ReeferJohn
Ty. I do what I can. Hopefully I'll be one of the "good guys" bringing the prices back to what they should be.

if you ever sell, let me know!

CoolNameGoesHere

nuthin special, but here are mine:

maxi mini (from FraggleReef) - approx. 3"

photo5.jpg

mini mini (from FraggleReef) - approx. the size of a 50 cent piece. this guys foot is bright cherry tomato red, pretty neat

photo4.jpg

sorry for the poor quality pics, they were taken w/ my iphone

NaClCrocodile

Honestly, they aren't too demanding. I personally don't like PC's, but you could always try with a less expensive one (if you can find a less expensive one...). High up may work too.

CoolNameGoesHere
Nice. Has the mini mini split for you? I've heard that they split often, but I've never had one.

that particular one hasn't split yet... but i've only had it about a week. i'm feeding it in hopes it'll split.

i have a bunch of the standard pink/green mini's and they seem to split soon after being fed. i started with 5 a few months ago; fed a couple i could reach and they split soon after. For the last few months i didn't feed them (other than light and what they could catch) and not much happened. But about a week ago (when i got the mini pictured above) i started hand feeding them flake and small pieces of krill again and now there are 9 or 10.

it'd be nice to get a whole rock covered with them :lol:

NaClCrocodile

What's your tank like? I've got a retro fitted 70w MH over my 10G and they seem to love it. I do wish that I could get some actinics going though...

I have had the regular pink/green mini minis under PC lighting. They did fine, but colored up better when I changed over to T-5's

NaClCrocodile

Yeah, I think they'd be fine under the PCs, but like Organism said - a nice T5 fixture would be better.

Discussion is good but I know more people have them, let's see 'em.

NaClCrocodile

Even better. 6 bulbs will be great even if you upgrade to a 75. I'd make sure you wouldn't get too much light spill on a 6 bulb.

I have two that I got from Extreme Corals. One is orange with pink/maroon edge the other is purple with green edge. I know....worthless without pics.

Question....one of them came while I was in Florida and my Mom put it on a rock that I really don't want it on. It has secured itself into a crevice/hole in the rock. Is there any way to get it out of there besides taking the rock out? It's a bottom rock that is holding up a very large rock and not easy to get to.

• Like 1