SaltCritters.com

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile

I really need to replace my blue one. I'd also like to get a solid orange one, but I'm trying to make it through the holidays without haha. I've got one just like that orange/brown one, it's one of my smaller ones but it does well.

Ok, i went out to day an got one of these beauties, an now for the dumb question, how do you stop them from going where you do want then to ? the one i got wants to go behind me rock scape, an i cant see it,,

any help,

pictures tomorrow

Nice, man. Good to see you decided to get it. Was it in the range I thought you should pay?

Thanks. It was a bit more than what you thought but it was one of those things that was worth it to me. Besides, an ALL red mini maxi is different enough and not seen enough to command a slightly higher price tag.

It is amazing how small he is! I mean my guy told me how small he was before I bought him but geez- I have florida rics bigger than him. It's hard to comprehend the true size until you actually see him in person. I mean, I could pass this guy off as the first ever RED florida ric and it would probably take a while for someone to realize it is an anemone... So long as they don't touch him... ;)

I will.^

Gut he was acting weird today. When I woke up this morning he had somehow gotten off the rock island I had him on and then this afternoon I found him balled up across the tank not attached to anything. I put him back in a breeder net with a rock to attach to so he won't blow away.

I'm worried. :scarry:

Finally I have something to show for myself!

IMG_7783_LRG.jpg

Bad pic taken with my iPhone:

photo-4.jpg

Nice! Are you sure that's a maxi mini? Looks like an ATL red mini mini which stays pretty small, but are rare and sell for just as much as a red maxi. I had a few, but I lost two in my 50 gallon and the other just turned to goo =(

Yeah I have lineage from ATL but just thought it was the same thing. He is being fussy right now and let go of his mooring and balled up. I put him in a breeder net with rubble and he reattached but is not sticky. I'm going to try to feed him again tomorrow.

Yeah I have lineage from ATL but just thought it was the same thing. He is being fussy right now and let go of his mooring and balled up. I put him in a breeder net with rubble and he reattached but is not sticky. I'm going to try to feed him again tomorrow.

For some reason, this is the hardest anemone in the world to keep lol I don't know why, but unlike other mini anemones, they aren't hardy at all and move around even more than usual. There are people that have good luck with it, so I don't know. They are cool and I wish I still had mine!

For some reason, this is the hardest anemone in the world to keep lol I don't know why, but unlike other mini anemones, they aren't hardy at all and move around even more than usual. There are people that have good luck with it, so I don't know. They are cool and I wish I still had mine!

Wow that is the opposite of what my source told me!

I have heard that a lot as well.

Really? :huh: Seems to be pretty hardy to me, eats mysis like a pig, and does well under T5s, and even dimmer lighting

Yep like those. Mine has lineage from ATL.

Anyhow, I fed lysis today and it looks like he either ate a little or none at all.

Food suggestions?

Yeah, the first one, the red mini is the one I was talking about, seems hardy to me..

The DeMartini ones seem a bit more touchy, they like more intense light compared to the red mini, but they move around more

Yeah, the first one, the red mini is the one I was talking about, seems hardy to me..

The DeMartini ones seem a bit more touchy, they like more intense light compared to the red mini, but they move around more

You need to stop. That's confusing^^^.

:wacko: