Pod Your Reef

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Good lord the tank looks amazing man! I love your colonies! I love tanks that start small (coral wise) and end up having huge colonies later!

How many anthias do you have now? How have they been doing for you?

Good lord the tank looks amazing man! I love your colonies! I love tanks that start small (coral wise) and end up having huge colonies later!

How many anthias do you have now? How have they been doing for you?

I have two of the three anthias left. The little one that was not eating died, but the other two seem to get along fine for now.

Wow! This tank looks amazing!! I love the grown out acros and that huge chalice! :wub:

Thanx for looking in and commenting Yoshii! The chalice is really getting big now. Gonna have to figure out how to frag it sometime.

Thanx for looking in and commenting Yoshii! The chalice is really getting big now. Gonna have to figure out how to frag it sometime.

:happy: You have an amazing tank!

Have you no dremel or bandsaw? :o

Yes but it attached to a good sized rock that is buried in the sand. Not sure I wish to disturb things that much. I'm wondering if I can get to the edge enough with a pair of snips of some sort. Oh well not gonna worry about it right now.

UH you're such a brute!!!

Actually put the light on today. Had a Drs. appointment and did not go back to work afterwards.

I am not happy with the spread of light currently but I knew this would be a concern. Wanted to get the light first to see if it was going to be okay, but alas, no. So I have a few ideas in mind to raise the module up a little to get additional spread. Now it is off to the local big box hardware store(s) to get the needed supplies.

I cannot tell you how wonderful this fixture is though. There are 8 "bulbs" , 2 rows of 4 lights. Each "bulb" has a white, blue and a royal blue 3 watt Cree led in it. Each color is controlled separately with dimming from 0-100 %. 14 user defined timers. So you can do just about any combination you want to. The timers allow the LED's to ramp up to you preset intensity over a time period you define. Want the whites to come on at 8am, ramp up to 50% intensity and take an hour to do so........set it and forget it! Same with ramp downs at night.

Actual moon cycles are in the controller. You set todays time and date, tell the light to control the moon cycles and it will adjust the blue light combinations the way the actual moon will shine outside. If no moon visible in tonights cycle, no light in the tank. Full moon outside, 3% intensity on some combination of the blue and royal blue bulbs in the tank. Think coral spawning cycles here.

Amazing!!!!

You can set what percentage of a chance you want there to be one, and if there is how many you want per day. So I have it set for 24 percent chance and 1 per day. Will be interesting what the algorithm in the controller does as far as what days it does actually have them. If it is anything like the weather people on TV, with a 24 percent chance, probably never have one.