Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

tank is mostly SPS, softies are rics and gorgs, LPS are maze brain, candy cane, chalice. I have not really noticed any effect on the LPS and the softies positive or negative.

UH my friend. Thanx for stopping by. The anthias are doing well except for one, it is rather thin and while I have seen it eat it doesn't seem to eat much. Not sure that one will make it. The other two have some good girth and eating well so I would say they are good to go so far. We shall see what happens long term to them in a 20 biocube though. Hoping I can keep them around, ya know?

No worries mate! I do stop in all the time but usually just lurk until you post a bloody photo that gets me all misty eyed and weepy while questioning my husbandry and manhood. :)

I am afraid I have some bad news for you on the Anthias. Odds are low that the 3rd one will make it unless you take some extraordinary measures to get food into her. The dominant one is most likely spending allot of his aggression on her while the other one may or may not be participating which is going to cause stress, hiding, and loss of weight. This is typical of them as they are hermaphroditic and the dominant male beats up on all the other females to stop them changing. Odds are that if that one goes then the other one that is fat now will face the same fate and once she is gone the remaining male will take out his aggression on any tank mates that look like him or are water column feeders.

So is this analysis because they are in a 29 gallon tank? I do know they are in need of a larger tank, but wanted to try this anyway. Or is this the way of the anthias you speak of?

Its because of the size of the tank as well as the behavior of Anthias. All Anthias are prone to this behavior. Unfortunately they are pretty fish but can be real punks about things in a small space.

For what its worth I love the fish but got *REAL* tired of feeding 3-4 times a day. You might want to try a couple of sunburst in that size tank. Bartletts are really going to be hard in that size tank.

As always you are the wise input as I try new and exciting things. The feeding gig doesn't bother me so much if they will live. So your take is that I may end up with only one, most likely a male, that will be a beotch to other fish. (Bali tiger jawfish, tailspot blenny, Pacific blue pygmy angelfish)

Cheers mate. Just learning from my own mistakes then relating them. ;)

Try the feeding gig. A well fed fish is (sometimes) a less aggressive fish. But odds are high that it will be a male and only one in the end. Blenny and jawfish should be ok but the angel and Bartletts may go fin to fin and I bet money on the angel.

WOW!! If I was held at gunpoint and had to choose, I'd go with the Superman and Aussie Blue. I LOVE the red to blue gradation on that Superman table.

Are you getting them locally?

You lucky dog!!! I've been following SunnyX's threads for years on RC and other forums and long been amazed at his systems and coral. Must be awesome to have them so close. Then again, I'm sure it can be a little tough on the wallet ;)

Did I mention I'm jealous? :lol:

You know I am really lucky living where I do, I am also about 3 miles away from Clive (Evilc66) and was one of the first to get is Sunpod actinic LED's too.

By the way I am thinking the Superman and the Aussie blue also. Don't have room for all three or I would probably go broke this evening.

Edited by spanko

That's awesome Henry.

I just finished checking out Sunny and Jim's site and I now know where the only SPS I'll be adding to the rimless will come from. I checked out the site a week or two ago and I don't think it was fully "live" yet. Great deals and based on the quality of both of their setups, I imagine the frags are amazing.

If you get a chance, let me know how the German Blue Stag and the PC Icefire look.

-Adam