Coral Vue Hydros

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Milliplosion.

That growth is ridiculous Henry. Whats in your water? Did you notice at around a certain month they explode in growing? (Not the milli but the SPS in general.) Green Table hurts my eyes, meany.

SCREEN TOP?! Where'd you get your netting good sur? Black or Clear? - Difference?

Thank you all, nice comments!

My netting is 3/8" black pond netting. I criss crossed two layers because I had a yellow headed jawfish jump right through the 3/8. If I were to do it over I would look for clear 1/4" but I could not find any when I made this one.

Looks sharp Henry. Are you still dosing vodka? Also what's your CaCO3/Ca dosing level? I ask because you have some pretty good growth there and I am wondering if you are constantly chasing the levels due to the growth.

Was wondering if you were ever gonna show up again my friend!

Still dosing vodka and Prodibio Nano pack, as well as amino acids.

Levels are fairly stable with daily dosing of ESV b-ionic at about 10ml each, almost full recommended dosage without kalkwasser dripping.

At last readings

Calcium 480-500

Alk at around 3.5 - 4 meq\L

Magnesium at around 1400

Everything running on the high side but pretty well in balance, not seeing any precipitation.

By the way 2 Anthias left, the little feller did not fare well. The 2 that are left seem to be getting along well so far.

Edited by spanko
Was wondering if you were ever gonna show up again my friend!

Heh. I am still here. Something is in the works as we speak. Its going to be very slow going this time though since I am hesitating on coming back into the hobby and don't have the passion I used to have for it anymore and because I want to take my time with it.

Still dosing vodka and Prodibio Nano pack, as well as amino acids.

What amounts are you dosing and on what schedule?

Levels are fairly stable with daily dosing of ESV b-ionic at about 10ml each, almost full recommended dosage without kalkwasser dripping.

At last readings

Calcium 480-500

Alk at around 3.5 - 4 meq\L

Magnesium at around 1400

Good numbers! 10 ml isn't all that much mate! I was doing 60 twice a day at one point! :)

By the way 2 Anthias left, the little feller did not fare well. The 2 that are left seem to be getting along well so far.

Excellent news! Hopefully they have settled in and will continue to be good to each other. Are they getting enough swimming in? Do you see them in the column all the time in front of the power head by chance? Mine, when I had the CAD tank would sit in front of the MP40 and swim in place for some reason...

Heh. I am still here. Something is in the works as we speak. Its going to be very slow going this time though since I am hesitating on coming back into the hobby and don't have the passion I used to have for it anymore and because I want to take my time with it.

:huh:

What amounts are you dosing and on what schedule?

I am doing just 1ml daily of vodka. The Prodibio Nano pack I am doing 1/2 recommended dosage of all parts per week.

Good numbers! 10 ml isn't all that much mate! I was doing 60 twice a day at one point! :)

:) Keeps the cost down eh!

Excellent news! Hopefully they have settled in and will continue to be good to each other. Are they getting enough swimming in? Do you see them in the column all the time in front of the power head by chance? Mine, when I had the CAD tank would sit in front of the MP40 and swim in place for some reason...

They swim almost constantly. Thing is the MP10 is located on the right side wall, then bounces off the left side wall. They swim looking directly at the left side wall swimming in the current bouncing off of it. Stupid fishies!!!!

Edited by spanko

I am planning to use some of the amino stuff from Zeovit once things are up and running on the new tank. Should be interesting to compare findings...

Wow! Allot of vodka for that size tank! But from the bioload it sounds appropriate. Ever thought about a dosing system? I am one lazy son of a gun so I was looking into a 3 pump or 4 pump doser from GHL to automate all of my dosing requirements... I realize that it may be a bit overboard for what you have but still if you are looking for a new "toy" to get that might be it... :)

Yeah. I was going through B-Ionic like it was going out of style. Then I switched to Bulk Reef and was much happier. ;)

You should snap a video of them doing that! It sounds like pure comedy! You'd think they would figure out that they end up bumping their head each time... You could put a picture of a rock wall or something on that side of the tank... Maybe make them turn around since they see a wall coming up instead of space beyond the glass...

*WOW*! :blink::o Oh... I see... See the note where it says "if nitrates don't go down"? That's why it can skyrocket so high also note where it says to cut the dose in half...

Its not high if its working for your tank Henry.

It just seemed high to me based on my own regimen and anecdotal commentary from others on what they were dosing per day. I was doing about 2 ml per day but then I also was *WAY* over feeding due to the 3 or 4 different super male fairy wrasse and other assorted fish in the 60 gallon to stave off aggression between the males. I was extrapolating that if I was only dosing 2 ml for a 60 with a heavy bioload then your 1 ml was a bit off the norm.