ReefCleaners.org

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Also, I was curious which carbon/phosphate pads you were using for weekly changes, and what are you using to test your reef-specific parameters (calcium/mag/strontium/etc.)?

By the way, your tank look fantastic!

Landon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Fish are

Bicolor Blenny Ecsenius bicolor

2 Clownfish Amphiprion ocellaris

2 Yellow tail damsel Chrysiptera parasema

Florida fighting conch

Various snails

A few hermits

Edited by spanko
  • 3 weeks later...

Ahh man, your SPS look so awesome.

Also, I really like the scape, it looks really good. I don't know how I didn't comment on it before!

• 1 month later...

I love the light. thank you for the nice comment. I did have a bleaching occurrence on som of my SPS. I did some rescaping and coral fragging and toned down the light some. Also added a red TruevLumen strip to the center of the light in between the two rows of AI bulbs. Some things are coming back now. Out of town, will post up some pics when I get back.

Some one else was talking about a red strip. I have a blue stunner strip right there because I got the SOL white when it first came out a while back. I already had the strip so... Does the red add to the color at all?

I think it does. I did it for some additional spectrum. While we know that the red is the first light spectrum to be filtered by the ocean water, I thought that with the depth of the tank and comparing it to the ocean there may still be some red light getting in so I put them on.