inTank Media Baskets

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Well some changes have been made.

A rescape to get the two hills on each side down that were causing the spotlighting of the LED's in the center.

The AI SOL SUPER BLUE is doing awesome, coral are growing like made, so well in fact they were growing out of the water, hence the change. Now am able to take advantage of the 2 on each end 70 degree optics and get a nice spread of light.

In the change lost the tailspot blenny I had for quite some time to a carpet surfing incident. **sad he was with me quite some time**

Fish list is now

3 x green chromis

2 x anthias

1 x bali tiger jawfish

1 x pacific blue angel

So far everyone is looking for a new crib with no time for bickering.

Good night all, pictures when all settles in a tad.

Edited by spanko
Weetabix7

Sorry bout the fishie, I always enjoyed your pictures of him.

Looking forward to new pics, when you get a chance.

So I love the shoaling of the Chromis. I know the three will probably reduce in numbers because of infighting but they are so cool right now. I even think that because they are out in the open they are enticing the other fish, anthias and pygmy angel, to be out and about more. The others being out in the open more might also be a result of the rescape, hard to tell.

Anyway here is a before the rescape picture.

01before.jpg

After

01after.jpg

01random3-2.jpg

01random2-2.jpg

01random-3.jpg

01random4-2.jpg

01fox-1.jpg

01brain.jpg

01superman.jpg

01bird-1.jpg

01milli-5.jpg

Am happy with the outcome so far. I love the led's and the spread now over the entire length of the tank is very appealing to me. I'll get some mo-betta pics later.

Edited by spanko
gutterguy

Hey spanko, just read through the last few pages. Awsome tank. The growth that you have with the sps is amazing.

The new scape looks great, very natural looking.

I did not read the whole thread so I may have missed it but are you dosing anything, if so what? Im looking into starting to add some more sps to my tank and want to make sure I can keep up with them.

Thanks

gg

Vodka 1ml per day

ESV B-Ionic 2 part 10ml of each per day

Brightwell Amino Acid 2 drops per day

Prodibio Nano Pack once per week

Run Chemipure Elite change every 6 months

Purigen change every 6 months

Carbon Pad and Phosphate Pad filter overflow change once per week

Filter floss change daily.

Aquatic life mini skimmer

Reeffanatics ATO

Water change 4.4 gallons per week with NutriSea Natural sea water.

Feed heavily

That's about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love your tank. I want to get into more SPS like you have. Those colonies are beautiful.

How long have you been running the AI? You seem to like it so far. I just ordered some LEDs as well. It was a toss up between the AI SOL that you have and BoostLED's Mu135. When with Boost because of the ~$200 price difference.

Also, what kind of anthias do you have? How often do you feed?

Awesome tank!

Edited by Banjo
Urchinhead

I need to stop coming into this thread Henry. It just isn't nice to make others look so bad with such a nice tank you know.

The Chromis loss may be from the Anthias. Both are water column feeder's and in that size tank the male Anthias will see the Chromis as a threat and thus act accordingly. I had this problem with my Bartletts and my blue Chromis in my CAD tank.

You might consider Cardinal's if you are able to keep up with the feeding and the cleaning. They will school for you.

In the times I have watched feeding the Pacific Blue Pygmy Angel is the chaser and the Anthias are the chasees!!

I will look into the redspots some more but it seems I have read about them being hard to keep living.

Urchinhead

That makes sens if the Angel was in before Anthias. If you want to reverse that then move the rocks around a bit. Angels are really territorial.

And the cardinals tend to have problems with shipping and feeding. They are water column feeders and expect to pull stuff out of the water constantly. However per the article LiveAquaria has had some modest success in breeding them and better than average success in weaning them from constant grazing to 2-3x daily feeding on frozen et al.

So if you truly want a schooling fish for your size tank keep an eye on Divers Den and plan on spending about a C note or so for 5ish if memory serves me right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Vodka 1ml per day

ESV B-Ionic 2 part 10ml of each per day

Brightwell Amino Acid 2 drops per day

Prodibio Nano Pack once per week

Run Chemipure Elite change every 6 months

Purigen change every 6 months

Carbon Pad and Phosphate Pad filter overflow change once per week

Filter floss change daily.

Aquatic life mini skimmer

Reeffanatics ATO

Water change 4.4 gallons per week with NutriSea Natural sea water.

Feed heavily

That's about it.

Is the prodibio pack you use the reef booster or the bio kit?