Top Shelf Aquatics

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Been watching this thread for a few weeks now, and I just finally have to comment on how amazing it is!

Truely an inspiration and you provide great information throughout this thread, thank you so much!

Congrats on one of the most amazing biocubes I have ever seen (although not as many, as most of you, since im a noob)

Looking forward to further updates on how the LEDs are comparing to the halide.

Thanx drew I appreciate your comments.

Just finished your thread end to end. Something new in every updated post. You sir, are quite the talented reef keeper.

Can't wait to see your new light setup.

I don't say this very often, but here it is.

Very nice AIO tank. VERY nice. This is probably the second or third truly nice AIO i've ever seen.

Now I talk a lot of smack about AIO tanks, and I have a reputation to maintain around here, so I demand you transfer to something less off-the-shelf. :D

Edited by Maeda

Thanx Maeda, the fact that you have a reputation to keep and you said such nice things about my tank anyway really feels good. :blush:

If it is any consolation I have done quite a few modifications to the tank trying to emulate those DIY type builds. :happydance:

But I do love the BC29!! ;)

Edited by spanko
Deleted User 6

Henry, how's the light spread on those LEDs? The pics look like there's some strong spotlighting right in the middle. Is that just a camera trick or do you definitely see that kind of light column when you look at the tank?

Yes there is some spotlighting not like the picture shows though. Look at the scape though, the rockwork comes up high on the sides and a valley of such in between, I think this contributes. I have been increasing intensity which looks to be lighting up the rockwork on the sides more so there is less spotlighting on the sides. Will try to get some new pictures up.

Edited by spanko

I agree and for the most part My SPS are getting the bulk of the lighting so it is all good.

Actually just went back and looked and this picture is more representative of what it looks like now.

PICT0001-1.jpg

Edited by spanko

Yup love to watch them little guys grow up. The blue millie in the back is almost sticking out of the water though and the chalice on the bottom is gonna be the bottom if I don't do something soon!! :o

I agree and for the most part My SPS are getting the bulk of the lighting so it is all good.

Actually just went back and looked and this picture is more representative of what it looks like now.

PICT0001-1.jpg

Spanko it really is a good all in one.