Coral Vue Hydros

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

:lol:

Sweet job huh? Whenever you are wrong they just say- Hey, whattaya gonna do? It's the weather...

System sounds very sweet Henry.

I do hope it performs as expected for many years to come. Best of luck with it!!

I have been asked by the community to persuade you & Spanko to refrain, from playing can you top this with your all in ones please. Until further notice you are not allowed to due any tank maintenance beyond top off's.

Thank you.

signed:

The reef's who's tanks look great until we see yours.

Thank you jojoe972.

you are welcome..... how do you do a water change and not expose your acropora to the air. I have a pink lemonade that is at the top and if I do a water change it usually exposes the acro. Turns the tip white for a few days. Does this happen to you?

Sounds like you're really enjoying the new LED modules H. Pretty amazing what those teeny, tiny bulbs can do isn't it?

How high did you try and hang it initially? I know I have to hang my pendant pretty high (14-20") to get an even spread.

Can't wait to see and hear the results you get with the new lighting.

I never check the AIO section and I'm bad about not clicking links in signatures, so this is the first time I've seen your tank Henry. Two words:

Brav. O.

Fantastic looking tank, my friend. I love it.

Dive I have the module on the standard supplied tank mount legs. I have modded it a little to get the lamp oh about 4-5 inches up. The module is 12 inches long so I am getting a pretty good spread right now. I may have to devise something to get it a little higher but for now I want to see how the lighting looks as I ramp the intensity up over time.

Skillzy thanx for looking in and the nice comment.

Okay here is the new Aquailluminations 12" SOL LED Super Blue on the tank.

First a drawing of what I did to the standard tank mount to get the light up higher and parallel to the front of the display.

Now the pictures.

ailight.jpg

1pic.jpg

3ai-1.jpg

5ai-1.jpg

4ai.jpg

Here are the settings.

8:00 am.

white at 35%

blue at 40%

royal blue at 45%

ramp up time 60 minutes.

9:45 am

white at 40%

blue at 45%

royal blue at 50%

60 minutes

8:15 pm

white at 35%

blue at 40%

royal blue at 45%

ramp down 40 minutes

9:15 pm

white at 0%

blue at 3%

royal blue at 3%

ramp down 60 minutes

Lunar cycle on

Thunder storms on

25 % chance

1 time per day.

Edited by spanko

Looks really great Henry. Great modification that didn't really affect the overall look of the unit.

How have you liked them so far? Any changes you've noticed in polyp extension, color, or growth with the SPS that you have?

-Adam

Thanx Dive, not real changes yet, just a week and a half in.

Thanx Dive, not real changes yet, just a week and a half in. Still waiting for AI or someone to come up with leg extensions. Would rather have that than the additional tubing on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would throw out some growth shots.

Milli April 30 2009 start of vodka dosing

01millis.jpg

Same one at the top of the tank in back

PICT0001-1.jpg

Another milli from April 30 09

01millis.jpg

Same one now

PICT0025.jpg?t=1295137464

April 09 birdsnest

17-marday1pinkbirdsnest.jpg

Now

PICT0017.jpg?t=1295136660

Chalice nov 09

1random-1.jpg

Now

PICT0028.jpg?t=1295137380

You can see the green tabling acro on the left when I bought it in around april of 10

01random5-1.jpg

Now

PICT0024.jpg?t=1295137617

This guy in January of 10

1acro.jpg

Now

PICT0039.jpg?t=1295137065

Edited by spanko
None yet. only been a few weeks. No bleaching, but started off way down on intensity. Am ramping this up slowly.

Sounds good. What and how much do you feed? Anything special for the sps?

I feed the tank heavily. Nothing special for the SPS, they get what they get from the water column and lighting. I do feed the LPS some mysis once in a while.

Fish are feed daily, pellets, flakes, frozen mysis, frozen cyclopeeze, Rod's food. Alternating a few of those daily.