Coral Vue Hydros

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

• 1 month later...

Yup in need of some new pics. Had a small issue moving a couple of coral pcs. and ended up moving more than I wanted to! <_< Gonna travel a bit this week, maybe towards the end of the week I will get some new pics.

Thank you for the kind words on the tank.

Those encrusting montis are amazing. Wait till you see them in the next set of pics.

Those encrusting montis are amazing. Wait till you see them in the next set of pics.

Those are amazing! I am setting up another tank and I think it will be only encrusting montis and maybe one cap.

Nice pics too! You need your tank thread in your sig like D said lol.

So friends, did you ever look at the tank and say "That needs to move over there"? I did a couple of weeks ago. And about 3 hours later, after rocks had fallen, coral had broken, super glue gel by the gallons had been used.......the tank was back together. I lost a couple of coral, my birdsnest is still recovering, but at least it wasn't too too bad. The tank now has an "L" shaped layout. Most of the footprint of the tank in the inside of the "L" with the SPS and zoas and rics. However the leg of the "L" is on the left with some room in between the glass and the fall off created by the leg. So here is the FTS

01fts-7.jpg

Centered on the inside of the "L"

01center.jpg

The rockwall on the side of the tank "L" leg.

01overthewall.jpg

And here is the LPS I am putting on the rock wall side. May look for a small Maze Brain frag to add also, or perhaps a nice Favia.

Fox Coral

01fox.jpg

Candy Cane

01candy.jpg

and just some randoms

01coco-4.jpg

01gorg-1.jpg

01jaw-1.jpg

01milli-4.jpg

01montis.jpg

01watermelon.jpg

01stylo-2.jpg

01stylo2.jpg

01war.jpg

01random-2.jpg

01random2-1.jpg

01random3-1.jpg

01random5-1.jpg

01spongodes.jpg

Edited by spanko

Pretty isn't it? Can't wait for it to grow to see what shape it takes on.

Merulina is like a box o' chocolates............................................

Needreefunds
Pretty isn't it? Can't wait for it to grow to see what shape it takes on.

Merulina is like a box o' chocolates............................................

Yes! Very much so. Best of luck with it Henry, they really are beautiful.

Stoney Waters had a rather sweet colony IIRC....hmmm, where has Stoney been anyway? :huh:

Lovin' the new layout Henry. Oh, and I completely understand the feeling of "I'll just move this rock an inch, it will only take a minute and I'll be done." Always turns into rock slides, accidental frags, and salty arms :)

The coloration and polyp extension on all of your coral is spectacular....must be some great husbandry going on there ;)

That, vodka, Brightwell amino acids and Prodibio all help with the PE and color. I do tend to baby the tank. ;)

Thanx for checking in Adam!

Edited by spanko

Great stuff, gotta be careful with it, as with anything I guess. I have read where peeps have overdosed it.

I don't know that I am getting the maximum benefit from it or not but I tend on the under dosing side of things. 29 gallon biocube. 1 ml of vodka a day. 2 drops of amino acid a day.

Thanx for checking in MJ!!

01fts-7.jpg

Lol Even your fish are admiring what a great job you did :happy: . Your tank is lookin gooood Spanko B) . I just hope my tank can look that good some day.