inTank Media Baskets

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Looks good mate. Is that a Sea Fan I see in there? How are you feeding it?

Sorry you will have to tell me which picture you are looking at. I do have two gorgonians in there. In the FTS they are center front and left front. Both are photosynthetic varieties. I believe the taller of the two to be Pterogorgia sp. and the shorter to be Plexaurella sp or Pseudoplexaura sp.

Edited by spanko
SpankythePyro
Hee Hee. Don't know how much you have followed my tank over the past but yeah there is a foxface in a 29 gallon biocube.

I use them for control of a dastardly outbreak of Caulerpa.

This is my fifth one.

I purchase them small and trade them in at about 3.5".

They are wonderful Caulerpa eaters.

I dose vodka now and am hoping to arrive at some balance where the Caulerpa cannot survive within the ULN environment I hope to achieve. Then I will stop getting foxface.

ah ok, carry on being responsible :) just dont get harpooned

looking very good

Nice Tank! Good job on the pictures!

i second that.

amazing photos

Thanx for the nice comments everyone...

• 4 weeks later...

So some new pics.

Have you read http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...hot+in+michigan ?

I lost some fish and coral so have had the chance to a do over. Fish are

Tailspot blenny Ecsenius stigmatura

Bali Tiger Jawfish Opistognathus sp.

Carpenter's flasher wrasse Paracheilinus carpenteri

Here are the pictures of the rescape.

01fts-5.jpg

01birdsnest-1.jpg

01purplemontigreenpolyps.jpg

01carpenters.jpg

01random.jpg

01coco-2.jpg

01rics-3.jpg

01crocea-1.jpg

01slimer-2.jpg

01stylophora-1.jpg

01merulina-1.jpg

01sunset-1.jpg

01milli-3.jpg

01tailspotzoas.jpg

01milli2-4.jpg

01tailspotzoas2.jpg

01milli3.jpg

01zoaspalys.jpg

01plate-4.jpg

02tpclam.jpg

02tpgorg.jpg

02tprandom.jpg

02tprics.jpg

02tpstylophora.jpg

I was getting ready to start peppering your thread with update requests :)

Great fish selection Henry. Seems like a nice mix of color and personalities. I'm sure it's a site to see that flasher cruising around the tank.

It looks like the corals that made it through the little heat incident have done a really good job of bouncing back. Gotta believe it's because of good husbandry ;)

How are you liking the Vortech?

Thanx Dive. Yes is has done nicely on the comeback. I do attribute some of that to the Vodka and Prodibio dosing and the ability of the tank to keep nitrate down. The Vortech is great, if I could just pick a setting and stay with it. It is fun to play with, kid in me I guess. Thanx foe the tip on setting it into "U.S.A." mode for water changes and pictures.

Now I remember that you are Vodka/Prodibio. What is your dosing schedule?

Yeah, I end up tinkering with my Vortech as well. Just can't keep my grubby fingers off of it...keep switching modes and messing with the output power :)

I like the term "U.S.A" mode :)

Prodibio as directed for the Nano tank pack. On the Vodka I am doing literally 3 drops per day with 2 drops of amino acid. Have also cut the light schedule down to 7 hrs. on the metal halide. Put in new skimmer, all this change and I have seen an improvement in polyp extension in SPS coral and a little in color.

I will keep going on this and see where it takes me.

Weren't you going to do some changes in these regards to your tank too? Did it happen and what was your outcome?

I guess I need to start doing more reading on vodka dosing and what all is necessary to start. Still kind of makes my eyes go :wacko: I get the overall concept but just need to figure out what I need to do to get started.

The only thing that I've changed so far is my photo period. I am now down to 7 hours, like you, and the coloration and growth has been great. I have noted a definite increase in growth with the change in lighting so I'm happy with that.

Sounds like I need to move on to dosing now :) I'll have to dig and see where you posted all of those links before...I know that you either sent them to me in PM or posted them on this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Your tank continues to be a model of health and diversity of critters, fish, and coral. Great job keeping up with it Henry. That small Sunset Monti really stands out super bright in the tank. Love the shot of the Blenny next to the clam...gives some perspective on how small that guy is compared to that clam.

What sort of Cardinal is that?