Pod Your Reef

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Bongo Shrimp
Why thank you. It is very hard to take LED actinic pictures and capture the true color.

Umm how dooo you do that? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay some recent SPS pictures. The results I was looking for with Vodka and heterotrophic bacteria dosing.

Stylo

1stylo-2.jpg

I think this is red planet acro but needs to get base color.

1redplanet.jpg

I love the polyps on this plate monti

1monti-5.jpg

A milli

1milli2-1.jpg

another milli

1milli-5.jpg

Monti digi

1bluedigig.jpg

Another stylo

1stylo2.jpg

All in all nice polyp extension and decent color. I tried using Brightwell MB7 for a while as the heterotrophic bacteria dose but I don't like it as much as the Prodibio products. Did not notice a difference so much in the coral but the water was not as clear and the glass seemed to get more of this whitish mulm looking stuff on it more often.

Thank you Dive. Dosing as follows;

Daily

1 ml vodka,

5 ml each B-ionic 2 part

2 drops Brightwell Amino Acids

Weekly

Prodibio Nano Pack.

Awesome. Thanks for the info Henry. I'm just at .2ml of Vodka every other day and 5 drops of MB7 every third day and things have been looking fantastic. I might have to start adding some Amino Acids in the future but we'll see.

I love it! I can't believe I haven't seen your thread before- it definitely gives me some good ideas for my tank. Great diversity of sps!

• 4 weeks later...

Yoshi put you up to that? Going on vacation tomorrow, will take some new pics when I get back. Bout time for some new ones anyway, thanx for the reminder!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
floridian reefer

how do you like your aquaticlife mini skimmer, i just seen my lfs has one and i was wondering how well the work and how well they fit

So where is the FTS Mr I-Will-Take-One-After-I-Get-Back-From-Vacation...?!? ;) I just want to see it so I can slink back to a dark corner and weep at your pimp tank, mate!

Hello my friend. All right, I will try to get some pictures up here in the next day or so.

How's it with you anyway, didn't you move and all that? Tank doing A number 1 as usual?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks, got back from vacation, sister in law watching tank. Detailed minute by minute instructions left. Little plastic cups filled with food marked for each specific day. Eye dropped marked with level for vodka dosing. etc.etc.etc.

Lost my Helfrichis firefish and my spongodes.

decided to rearrange the tank.

got out the drill, plastic rods, aquastic putty and went to work.

some pictures follow.

1fts-10.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Needreefunds

Sorry about the losses Henry. :(

Any idea what went awry? :huh:

FWIW I love the new scape.

I'm jealous actually- I still have two rubbermaid tubs holding the critters and a RSM full of cloudy - still not up to temp water. :happy:

Ever forward my friend. ;)