Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

oh my gosh. i love this!!!! everything looks so amazing!!! :wub: very jealous. i kind of miss my long dimensions now.

Thanks Morgan! This is my first long tank and I will go back to a shallow cube in an instant =P. I love the tank but miss the depth found in cube like yours. I love the overhang in your tank with the island in front.

• Like 1

The tank is looking absolutely lovely ninja. I love the long tanks, but I also love deep tanks too.. What if this tank had another foot of depth? That would be neat.

• Like 1

The tank is looking absolutely lovely ninja. I love the long tanks, but I also love deep tanks too.. What if this tank had another foot of depth? That would be neat.

Red Sea came out with the 425 XL, same length as mine but deeper, AFTER I bought the tank =(.

• Like 2

Seriously? I have to look into this so I can compare water volume and such

Edit: its not too too much of a difference, only about 7.5cm, so not even three full inches.

Red Sea came out with the 425 XL, same length as mine but deeper, AFTER I bought the tank =(.

• Like 1

I was getting lots of cyano and algae on glass so I replaced the GFO and carbon in the reactor. I forgot how much I put last time so I just put the amount indicated on the containers for 100 gallons of water. This morning, my acros STN'd from the base up =(. I must have added much less GFO last time. Rookie mistake...stripped water of nutrients too fast.

• Like 1

I was getting lots of cyano and algae on glass so I replaced the GFO and carbon in the reactor. I forgot how much I put last time so I just put the amount indicated on the containers for 100 gallons of water. This morning, my acros STN'd from the base up =(. I must have added much less GFO last time. Rookie mistake...stripped water of nutrients too fast.

Argh! Sorry man, can you save any of it?

• Like 1

Damn... Sorry to hear that. I fear chemical filtration for that reason :(

• Like 1

About 15% of the pink acro has STN'd from the base up. I am debating whether to frag the base off or just leave it and hope it recovers. The underside of a few branch also looks completely white. I just got two green slimer frags that show signs of stress at the base but not completely white yet. Dumping some Coral Accel and Reef Chili into the tank now to get some nutrients back in. Still cyano on the sand though. Damn green cyano.

• Like 1

About 15% of the pink acro has STN'd from the base up. I am debating whether to frag the base off or just leave it and hope it recovers. The underside of a few branch also looks completely white. I just got two green slimer frags that show signs of stress at the base but not completely white yet. Dumping some Coral Accel and Reef Chili into the tank now to get some nutrients back in. Still cyano on the sand though. Damn green cyano.

Damn green cyano- I battled that for awhile in my Nuvo- nothing worked until I used chemi clean........one treat,eng and gone- didn't bother any corals! Get it early and be done?.

Damn... Sorry to hear that. I fear chemical filtration for that reason :(

Ya , with GFO I always use smaller amount and just change more frequent - that way it's not a shock to the system ?

• Like 3

Some pics of the new wellso. It is super fluffy right now.

24255272824_7fb4230691_c.jpg

24790045231_2f0502e9c8_c.jpg

Two of the nems moved to the sand so I had to scrape them back onto the rock. Hope I didn't injure their foot.

24790041961_0d3e2926cc_c.jpg

Tank shots. I need more fish....

24256560343_c939b12969_c.jpg

24587961470_e307abf7ca_c.jpg

Running Apex, DOS, Bubble Magus Curve 5, BRS Reactor, Eheim Compact 3000+ pump, Gyre XF130.

I am most impressed that you haven't had to use that plug behind the light yet!

Looking really awesome.

• Like 4

So sorry to hear about the acros! I made the same mistake in my 4g tank with phosban. I've always been super paranoid about putting in too much carbon, gfo, or phosban ever since.

• Like 2

Damn green cyano- I battled that for awhile in my Nuvo- nothing worked until I used chemi clean........one treat,eng and gone- didn't bother any corals! Get it early and be done.

Ya , with GFO I always use smaller amount and just change more frequent - that way it's not a shock to the system

yea, i may do chemiclean next week if it doesn't clear.

I am most impressed that you haven't had to use that plug behind the light yet!

Looking really awesome.

haha, i thought about using it if i had to hang the light off a shelve or something. Now it's just an eye sore.

Soooo nice.. Glad that was quoted over to this next page for us to see again in all it's glory! :lol::wub:

Thanks! I picked up some more corals today hahah so more pics to come soon.

So sorry to hear about the acros! I made the same mistake in my 4g tank with phosban. I've always been super paranoid about putting in too much carbon, gfo, or phosban ever since.

Yea, I was just at another reefer's house today and his acros are amazing colored. He's running an ATS and I may go that route soon. I need nutrients in the tank but don't want algae in the display tank. He's also running AI Hydras and the color is so crisp. Puts my Kessil to shame.

• Like 6

You tried a fighting conch for the sand bed? Mine spends all day keeping it nice and white for me and does a pretty good job by himself. They will also clean along the glass near the sand where it is hard to clean the algae off without risking scraping the glass. Your tank looks amazing as always by the way.

• Like 3

You tried a fighting conch for the sand bed? Mine spends all day keeping it nice and white for me and does a pretty good job by himself. They will also clean along the glass near the sand where it is hard to clean the algae off without risking scraping the glass. Your tank looks amazing as always by the way.

i will have to look into that. conch sounds pretty cool.

• Like 2

Coral Box D500 or D700. IMHO, Nyos and all the 'big name brands' look and perform great, but they all do the same job the same way with minor differences between the pumps and designs. The D700 uses a silent DC pump and is $220 (there is a coupon code on the website after adding to your cart). There is no extra value in doubling your cost and going with Nyos. http://www.addictiveaquaculture.com/coral-box/265-coral-box-dc-curve-skimmers-with-jebao-pumps.html#/skimmer_size_coral_box-d_700

Pulled the trigger on the D700. Thanks for the link again. They had 15% off Coral Box skimmers right now so $202 shipped to my door.

• Like 2

Besides the control issues with the lousy Kessil app, how you liking the light? I know you previously mentioned no shadowing, but have you noticed any issues with SPS tissue on the undersides?

• Like 1

Neat little critters.....I have 2 or 3 in my 20 and along with about 5 nassarius snails and all is good. You might also look into sand sifting starfish as they do a great job also. I will get one for the 42 but in a nano just not worth it to me.

Hopefully things change for the better!

• Like 2

I have two fighting conchs in my tank and love them. They're fun to watch and they go to town on stuff. Keep the sand bed stirred as well :)

STN on the pink acro is getting worst...will probably toss it soon

aww :( I'm so sorry Ninja.

• Like 1