ReefCleaners.org

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

Yay! Sit Ubu sit! Good dog! I like it when my Rock flowers stay where I would like them. I get kind of nervous when they go on walk abouts.

• Like 1

Dang mark. That tank looks amazing!!

Thanks. The reduced light cycle has seemed to help a lot with the colors. Tank is dark from 10pm to 11am now.

Nice FTS and I see the clown goby is still in love!

Yea, that little bastard is back to bugging the slimer. :D I tried to convince him the anemone would be a good place to perch but he didn't believe me.

• Like 1

Yea, that little bastard is back to bugging the slimer. :D I tried to convince him the anemone would be a good place to perch but he didn't believe me.

Sounds a bit like an arranged marriage and I wouldn't like that either!

• Like 1

I put 1/8 tsp of CaNO3 in here yesterday. This is half the dose I use on the 150 and after I did it I was worried I horribly overdosed.

It's gone. Nitrates 0, clear as water. Put in 1/4 tsp this time, lets see what happens.

Just shy of 1/4 tsp, nitrates up to 2.5. The test tomorrow will be interesting. Just a crappy skimmer, live rock, and some nuisance algae in here. :)

After 2 days I tested Nitrates ... 0, nada, not happening.

I would say that the vinegar I mix with Kalk might be aiding in Nitrate reduction but I literally go through 4 gallons of topoff in a month so that's just not a lot of vinegar.

I dosed CaNO3 again to raise nitrates to 3.

• Like 1

I like learning about water chemistry from your threads. Your diligent testing amazes me. I am too casual about testing but it's too tedious for me, i would rather do a water change and call it done. Of course then you get in the fix I am in, ha ha!

• Like 1

I like learning about water chemistry from your threads. Your diligent testing amazes me. I am too casual about testing but it's too tedious for me, i would rather do a water change and call it done. Of course then you get in the fix I am in, ha ha!

:)

The phosphate test was killing me but the nitrate test is fairly easy so I don't mind as much. My goal is to reduce most testing to once a week, at most, except for Alk in the big tank which I will probably do every other day or even daily. I rarely test Alk in here, just because I know there's nothing I'm going to do about it except a weekly water change.

• Like 1

The colors look really nice with the reduced photoperiod! Is the BTA still behaving?

He is. I moved a few rocks around and he's settled in back and stretches out during the day. I'll get a pic soon.

• Like 2

He's a big anemone in a small tank.

eEEFE3.jpg

You can see the big oral disk, and also where the basslet removed all the sand and then picked up a reefgen frag of zoas and moved them to the front. The effect of the clean bottom under and into the rock crevice makes the tank look deeper than it is. He can scape better then I can. :D

sbYUnR.jpg

The nitrate dosing has brought on some Cyano which makes the tank look darker. I like it.

• Like 5

Are your dendros in the front the branching type?

Those are Duncans, closed because the basslet has been spitting sand on them. :) It's the bushy type, short stubby branches.

The dong is new...

Yep, still thinking about it.

• Like 2

Those are Duncans, closed because the basslet has been spitting sand on them. :) It's the bushy type, short stubby branches.

Yep, still thinking about it.

Sorry, meant Duncans, busy day. Nice sized colony. My clowns try to host mine and they close up alot.

• Like 1

Sorry, meant Duncans, busy day. Nice sized colony. My clowns try to host mine and they close up alot.

Ah, I should have figured. So I said they aren't branching but they kind of look like they are branching. I have some purple ones in the big tank that are more tree like, but these are starting to grow upwards. Started with just 2 heads years ago. I love Duncans. :)

• Like 1

Ah, I should have figured. So I said they aren't branching but they kind of look like they are branching. I have some purple ones in the big tank that are more tree like, but these are starting to grow upwards. Started with just 2 heads years ago. I love Duncans. :)

I like them as well. Mine are growing more heads but not branching up like yours at all. Very nice!

• Like 1

The rod now has a green birdsnest on top.

UdRfvB.jpg

nnvAa0.jpg

I am dosing CaNO3 every other day now to keep Nitrates measurable. Cyano had increased, but so has coral colors.

• Like 7

That is hilarious about the basslet rescaping for you. Maybe you could hire him out! I love duncans too and lately mine has also been adding heads. Mine is high in the tank though. The tank is looking good as always.

• Like 2