Jump to content
gena

Gena's IM Fusion 10 Softy Tank

Recommended Posts

ninjamyst

Love the anthelia!  Need a video next of the movement =P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gena

@ninjamyst Thanks!!!!  I'll have to figure out how to add a video first.  Doesn't look like we can add videos through NR.  I think it has to be an outside link like through Youtube or IG.  That may be a while LOL.  For now, just imagine a gentle sway of anthelia in the current LOL. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco

I had no idea you could pick up corals on etsy.  I'd love to know how that works out for you. Also....speckled leather coral from WWC?  I like the bright colors as much as the next, but I'm shooting for mostly pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gena
On 8/10/2021 at 6:05 AM, TatorTaco said:

I had no idea you could pick up corals on etsy.  I'd love to know how that works out for you. Also....speckled leather coral from WWC?  I like the bright colors as much as the next, but I'm shooting for mostly pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement.  

I'll let you know if I do it!!!!  I haven't done it YET LOL.  It's still sitting in my cart.  Yeah, speckled leather coral except....it isn't speckled at all that I can see.  I still love it though.  It has my plain Jane pinkish/brownish coloring that I like LOL.  Maybe when it grows up it will become speckled.

 

You and I @TatorTaco think alike!  I'll take all the pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement that I can get.  I had a 20g long that is my inspiration for this tank.  Lots of pink/pastel colors and lots of movement.  It's just going to take a while to fill in because I'm not wanting to add a lot of coral.  I just want what's in there to grow and fill in.  Of course, I'll add a few more corals in.  @jack1978 is sending me some stuff next week when the weather cools down a bit.  That should be a fun box :D.

 

Ok...new week, I've got some new photos.  Nothing has really changed dramatically but I do know there has been growth.  Things seem a little bigger.  OH......I also got my nano Flipper today.  That thing ROCKS!!!!!  It scrapes great!!!!  The really thick older coralline it has trouble with but the new stuff and the green stuff comes right off.  Really happy I bought that.  It also doesn't slam the glass when you put it in which is really nice.  The magnet is just the right amount of magnet LOL.

 

Ok...pics.

 

1037473214_ACS_39942.thumb.JPG.75245e5e9f340a045e145d9f1ce2e30f.JPG

 

665600481_Snapseed59.thumb.jpg.a5ce592d91bc2f8f3c8b9f00aa13215d.jpg

 

1100771262_Snapseed60.thumb.jpg.4c8c5501931402982bee9abbf607012a.jpg

 

369260392_Snapseed58.thumb.jpg.2cf85e2179195dfd690246a2e77dbcaf.jpg

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

That is one happy clown!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
gena
15 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

That is one happy clown!

She is!  She's living the proper life now.  I don't think the guy fed her very well.  I'm plumping her up nice and good LOL.  And her "home" is getting some good color on it.  The green is getting more and more prominent.  

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
mipster

I've been thinking of shifting my tank more towards softies with a few choice LPS, keep things simpler with more movement,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
gena
17 hours ago, mipster said:

I've been thinking of shifting my tank more towards softies with a few choice LPS, keep things simpler with more movement,

I think that's a GREAT idea!!!  I love getting inspiration from other softy tanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Rehype

Love the pics Gena. Have you named her yet?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gena
41 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Love the pics Gena. Have you named her yet?

Thanks!  No I haven't.  I rarely name my fish :).

Share this post


Link to post
xellos88
On 8/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, gena said:

665600481_Snapseed59.thumb.jpg.a5ce592d91bc2f8f3c8b9f00aa13215d.jpg

 

1100771262_Snapseed60.thumb.jpg.4c8c5501931402982bee9abbf607012a.jpg

 

 

I think your leather could be a green leather. How does it looks like under blue light?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Melfy77

I looked at your tank journal...then went online to get some reagents for my PO4 hanna checker...saw the IM 10 on sale...and I bought one...😬😂 I have no willpower lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
gena
10 hours ago, xellos88 said:

I think your leather could be a green leather. How does it looks like under blue light?

Yep...that one is the classic green toadstool.  I have another one with longer polyps that I'm hoping is like yours.

 

This one.....

 

No green on it.  Just a solid color.  Most likely it's not as cool as yours LOL.

 

58F2D903-33BD-42B0-A409-99553E1CF7E5.thumb.JPG.f953cb8cdf77e070a92765c0e68edc85.JPG 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
gena
5 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I looked at your tank journal...then went online to get some reagents for my PO4 hanna checker...saw the IM 10 on sale...and I bought one...😬😂 I have no willpower lol

Hahaha congrats!!!!  Does anyone really have any willpower in this hobby? LOL  

 

You'll get the new mighty jet pump (I think that's the name) with yours!  I wish I had one.  Mine is old.  It works just fine but the Mighty Jet sounds pretty awesome.  It has a controller on it.  I don't really need that but it would be cool LOL.  

 

I hope you start a journal for yours 😉.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Critteraholic

@gena

6 hours ago, gena said:

Does anyone really have any willpower in this hobby? LOL 

🤪 :scarry: omgomgomg  My children: "JUST SAY NO!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
xellos88
13 hours ago, gena said:

Yep...that one is the classic green toadstool.  I have another one with longer polyps that I'm hoping is like yours.

 

This one.....

 

No green on it.  Just a solid color.  Most likely it's not as cool as yours LOL.

 

58F2D903-33BD-42B0-A409-99553E1CF7E5.thumb.JPG.f953cb8cdf77e070a92765c0e68edc85.JPG 

Hmmm...the frag looks like a baby so I'm not sure if it was made from a bud. The cuttings I made from mine had longer tentacles because they were cuttings from the mature head.

Anyway, all leathers are awesome. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Melfy77
12 hours ago, Critteraholic said:

@gena

🤪 :scarry: omgomgomg  My children: "JUST SAY NO!"

I actually ended up cancelling the order...I already have one 22g gallon bookshelf and an evo 5g to play with. 3 kids, 2 cats and a neverending pile of laundry😬

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
gena
9 hours ago, xellos88 said:

Hmmm...the frag looks like a baby so I'm not sure if it was made from a bud. The cuttings I made from mine had longer tentacles because they were cuttings from the mature head.

Anyway, all leathers are awesome. 🙂

Agreed!  If it is, it is.  If it isn't...oh well LOL.  I'll love it regardless :).

4 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I actually ended up cancelling the order...I already have one 22g gallon bookshelf and an evo 5g to play with. 3 kids, 2 cats and a neverending pile of laundry😬

Noooooooo....I'm so dissapointed LOL.  I have two cats too :).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
gena

You all are probably wondering what I did today (NOT LOL).  I finally got my rear in gear and made the new top for my tank.  I forgot how much I hate making tops for tanks.  After many fails, I finally cut the sides to the right lengths.  

 

Screen kit from Lowe's and mesh from BRS.  It's ok.  Trust me, it's better than what was there before.  

 

ACS_4000.thumb.JPG.94d9ad1094dee4cd8a105a4916acaee8.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

That looks really good!!!  Much better than my attempt at diy mesh top for my 4 feet tank.  It came out all crook.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
growsomething

Very nice.  As soon as we are spending money again, I'll be buying the new factory one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gena
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

That looks really good!!!  Much better than my attempt at diy mesh top for my 4 feet tank.  It came out all crook.  

Thanks!!!!  I would imagine 4ft. would be a ton harder to get right!!!!

2 hours ago, growsomething said:

Very nice.  As soon as we are spending money again, I'll be buying the new factory one!

Thanks!!!!  What?????  There's a new factory one????? LOL.  I had no idea.  Well, maybe I saved myself a ton of money LOL.

 

Is NR acting weird for anyone else?  It is crashing for me and giving me errors at times.  Is it just me???? Please say it's not just me!!!!! 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
growsomething

I just tried to react to a post and couldn't till I refreshed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Melfy77
53 minutes ago, gena said:

 

 

Is NR acting weird for anyone else?  It is crashing for me and giving me errors at times.  Is it just me???? Please say it's not just me!!!!! 🙂

Yup! Keeps crashing lol.

Here are my pink skunks currently meeting their new host. Right now they're actually sleeping under the anemone Hahah. Soooo cute!!!

20210817_193021.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
growsomething

This is the new top which has a lip all the way around (no clips needed), and thinner screen than mine, the main reason I'd like to get it.  Yours looks as thin as the new one.

Screenshot_20210817-221949_Brave.thumb.jpg.83bacbc04f833ec9b68dad91e421a0ef.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...