SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Fusion 10 Softy Tank

gena

@ninjamyst Thanks!!!!  I'll have to figure out how to add a video first.  Doesn't look like we can add videos through NR.  I think it has to be an outside link like through Youtube or IG.  That may be a while LOL.  For now, just imagine a gentle sway of anthelia in the current LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had no idea you could pick up corals on etsy.  I'd love to know how that works out for you. Also....speckled leather coral from WWC?  I like the bright colors as much as the next, but I'm shooting for mostly pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement.  

• Like 1
On 8/10/2021 at 6:05 AM, TatorTaco said:

I had no idea you could pick up corals on etsy.  I'd love to know how that works out for you. Also....speckled leather coral from WWC?  I like the bright colors as much as the next, but I'm shooting for mostly pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement.  

I'll let you know if I do it!!!!  I haven't done it YET LOL.  It's still sitting in my cart.  Yeah, speckled leather coral except....it isn't speckled at all that I can see.  I still love it though.  It has my plain Jane pinkish/brownish coloring that I like LOL.  Maybe when it grows up it will become speckled.

You and I @TatorTaco think alike!  I'll take all the pastel/creamy colors with lots of movement that I can get.  I had a 20g long that is my inspiration for this tank.  Lots of pink/pastel colors and lots of movement.  It's just going to take a while to fill in because I'm not wanting to add a lot of coral.  I just want what's in there to grow and fill in.  Of course, I'll add a few more corals in.  @jack1978 is sending me some stuff next week when the weather cools down a bit.  That should be a fun box :D.

Ok...new week, I've got some new photos.  Nothing has really changed dramatically but I do know there has been growth.  Things seem a little bigger.  OH......I also got my nano Flipper today.  That thing ROCKS!!!!!  It scrapes great!!!!  The really thick older coralline it has trouble with but the new stuff and the green stuff comes right off.  Really happy I bought that.  It also doesn't slam the glass when you put it in which is really nice.  The magnet is just the right amount of magnet LOL.

Ok...pics.

1037473214_ACS_39942.thumb.JPG.75245e5e9f340a045e145d9f1ce2e30f.JPG

665600481_Snapseed59.thumb.jpg.a5ce592d91bc2f8f3c8b9f00aa13215d.jpg

1100771262_Snapseed60.thumb.jpg.4c8c5501931402982bee9abbf607012a.jpg

369260392_Snapseed58.thumb.jpg.2cf85e2179195dfd690246a2e77dbcaf.jpg

• Like 6
15 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

That is one happy clown!

She is!  She's living the proper life now.  I don't think the guy fed her very well.  I'm plumping her up nice and good LOL.  And her "home" is getting some good color on it.  The green is getting more and more prominent.  

• Like 4
17 hours ago, mipster said:

I've been thinking of shifting my tank more towards softies with a few choice LPS, keep things simpler with more movement,

I think that's a GREAT idea!!!  I love getting inspiration from other softy tanks.  

sam_the_reefer
On 8/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, gena said:

665600481_Snapseed59.thumb.jpg.a5ce592d91bc2f8f3c8b9f00aa13215d.jpg

1100771262_Snapseed60.thumb.jpg.4c8c5501931402982bee9abbf607012a.jpg

I think your leather could be a green leather. How does it looks like under blue light?

• Like 1

I looked at your tank journal...then went online to get some reagents for my PO4 hanna checker...saw the IM 10 on sale...and I bought one...😬😂 I have no willpower lol

• Like 2
10 hours ago, xellos88 said:

I think your leather could be a green leather. How does it looks like under blue light?

Yep...that one is the classic green toadstool.  I have another one with longer polyps that I'm hoping is like yours.

This one.....

No green on it.  Just a solid color.  Most likely it's not as cool as yours LOL.

58F2D903-33BD-42B0-A409-99553E1CF7E5.thumb.JPG.f953cb8cdf77e070a92765c0e68edc85.JPG 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I looked at your tank journal...then went online to get some reagents for my PO4 hanna checker...saw the IM 10 on sale...and I bought one...😬😂 I have no willpower lol

Hahaha congrats!!!!  Does anyone really have any willpower in this hobby? LOL  

You'll get the new mighty jet pump (I think that's the name) with yours!  I wish I had one.  Mine is old.  It works just fine but the Mighty Jet sounds pretty awesome.  It has a controller on it.  I don't really need that but it would be cool LOL.  

I hope you start a journal for yours 😉.

• Like 1
sam_the_reefer
13 hours ago, gena said:

Yep...that one is the classic green toadstool.  I have another one with longer polyps that I'm hoping is like yours.

This one.....

No green on it.  Just a solid color.  Most likely it's not as cool as yours LOL.

58F2D903-33BD-42B0-A409-99553E1CF7E5.thumb.JPG.f953cb8cdf77e070a92765c0e68edc85.JPG 

Hmmm...the frag looks like a baby so I'm not sure if it was made from a bud. The cuttings I made from mine had longer tentacles because they were cuttings from the mature head.

Anyway, all leathers are awesome. 🙂

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Critteraholic said:

@gena

🤪 :scarry: omgomgomg  My children: "JUST SAY NO!"

I actually ended up cancelling the order...I already have one 22g gallon bookshelf and an evo 5g to play with. 3 kids, 2 cats and a neverending pile of laundry😬

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, xellos88 said:

Hmmm...the frag looks like a baby so I'm not sure if it was made from a bud. The cuttings I made from mine had longer tentacles because they were cuttings from the mature head.

Anyway, all leathers are awesome. 🙂

Agreed!  If it is, it is.  If it isn't...oh well LOL.  I'll love it regardless :).

4 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I actually ended up cancelling the order...I already have one 22g gallon bookshelf and an evo 5g to play with. 3 kids, 2 cats and a neverending pile of laundry😬

Noooooooo....I'm so dissapointed LOL.  I have two cats too :).

You all are probably wondering what I did today (NOT LOL).  I finally got my rear in gear and made the new top for my tank.  I forgot how much I hate making tops for tanks.  After many fails, I finally cut the sides to the right lengths.  

Screen kit from Lowe's and mesh from BRS.  It's ok.  Trust me, it's better than what was there before.  

ACS_4000.thumb.JPG.94d9ad1094dee4cd8a105a4916acaee8.JPG

• Like 7
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

That looks really good!!!  Much better than my attempt at diy mesh top for my 4 feet tank.  It came out all crook.  

Thanks!!!!  I would imagine 4ft. would be a ton harder to get right!!!!

2 hours ago, growsomething said:

Very nice.  As soon as we are spending money again, I'll be buying the new factory one!

Thanks!!!!  What?????  There's a new factory one????? LOL.  I had no idea.  Well, maybe I saved myself a ton of money LOL.

Is NR acting weird for anyone else?  It is crashing for me and giving me errors at times.  Is it just me???? Please say it's not just me!!!!! 🙂

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, gena said:

Is NR acting weird for anyone else?  It is crashing for me and giving me errors at times.  Is it just me???? Please say it's not just me!!!!! 🙂

Yup! Keeps crashing lol.

Here are my pink skunks currently meeting their new host. Right now they're actually sleeping under the anemone Hahah. Soooo cute!!!

20210817_193021.jpg

• Like 1
growsomething

This is the new top which has a lip all the way around (no clips needed), and thinner screen than mine, the main reason I'd like to get it.  Yours looks as thin as the new one.

Screenshot_20210817-221949_Brave.thumb.jpg.83bacbc04f833ec9b68dad91e421a0ef.jpg

• Like 1