gena

On 8/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, gena said:

Don't worry...I won't try that. 

Suuuure you won't lol So you're saying I should get a frag ready for ya? 😛

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I have this one. They call it green fuzzy leather. Really fuzzy lol

Screenshot_20210826-124403_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the one I have but I got a massive piece from GTA Reef rather then Candy Corals. But it's def the same one.

21 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I have this one. They call it green fuzzy leather. Really fuzzy lol

Screenshot_20210826-124403_Samsung Internet.jpg

I want one!  I don't have a "green fuzzy leather" in my tank yet LOL

17 hours ago, mipster said:

Suuuure you won't lol So you're saying I should get a frag ready for ya? 😛

Well......LOL.

Would it really have to be smuggled though?  My brother crosses in and out of Canada all the time and he's allowed to bring houseplants from the US into Canada.  Is it harder the other way around?  

In other news.......

I ordered some color lenses for my phone.  I ordered off Amazon.  I got this one.  I hope it works!!!!!  I need to do better with my photos.

https://www.amazon.com/ORPHEK-LENS-Smartphones-Polarized-smartphone/dp/B07ZJX6JT9/ref=asc_df_B07ZJX6JT9/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=416748412703&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2834565696580168775&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028883&hvtargid=pla-924734441967&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=95587149524&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=416748412703&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2834565696580168775&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028883&hvtargid=pla-924734441967

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, gena said:

I want one!  I don't have a "green fuzzy leather" in my tank yet LOL

Well......LOL.

Would it really have to be smuggled though?  My brother crosses in and out of Canada all the time and he's allowed to bring houseplants from the US into Canada.  Is it harder the other way around?  

I think you'd be fine. I know my LFS sells RFA and Americans go there to buy them. I really like it! I think they call it a fury Kenya tree lol

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, PeterU said:

Can't wait to see your first comparison pics.

I hope I don't disappoint everyone including myself LOL.

23 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

I think you'd be fine. I know my LFS sells RFA and Americans go there to buy them. I really like it! I think they call it a fury Kenya tree lol

Ok...yeah...should be fine then.  Now....when am I going to make it out to Toronto???? 😂   Would have been a lot more likely if I still lived in Connecticut.  But I'm so glad I don't still live in Connecticut LOL.

7 hours ago, gena said:

Ok...yeah...should be fine then.

I don't think it's TECHNICALLY allowed, you're technically not supposed to bring plants through either lol My brother in law was stopped at the boarder with houseplants lol But if you tuck it away and don't say anything..... 👀

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Is their a US store that sells that fuzzy kenya tree? I'm not willing to go to prison for it though.

If you, or anyone finds one, please let me know!!!! 😊

15 hours ago, mipster said:

I don't think it's TECHNICALLY allowed, you're technically not supposed to bring plants through either lol My brother in law was stopped at the boarder with houseplants lol But if you tuck it away and don't say anything..... 👀

It actually is allowed.  My brother does it all the time.  He doesn't hide them when he brings them over the border.  If you look on the website it tells you what is allowed.  If I remember right, no trees, but houseplants are completely fine.  Not sure about coral though.  I'm assuming that's like a houseplant.

1 hour ago, gena said:

If you, or anyone finds one, please let me know!!!! 😊

It actually is allowed.  My brother does it all the time.  He doesn't hide them when he brings them over the border.  If you look on the website it tells you what is allowed.  If I remember right, no trees, but houseplants are completely fine.  Not sure about coral though.  I'm assuming that's like a houseplant.

I remember my LFS saying he had a licence for selling to foreigners or something. Don't remember much though.

BTW what does your toadstool think about it new friend? My nemo (or my daughters nemo actually) decided to take over my japanese long polyp...of course there's this gorgeous watermelon bta but noooooo it's not good enough for its highness. "I shall take your most expensive coral in the tank and claim it as mineeee...mwhouhahahah.

Well little does nemo know they are getting a divorce. He's going in another tank with his freaking  BTA😂 and so help me if he  takes the Magfloat😂

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, gena said:

These sorts of rules on transport seem to be rather lightly enforced, even within the country. I recently ordered a variety pack of Caulerpa for my macroalgae tank for example, and was sent Caulerpa mexicana and C. sertularioides (among others), both of which are technically illegal to import to California... but nobody really seems to be paying close attention, as far as I can tell. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
On 7/1/2021 at 4:33 PM, ninjamyst said:

I shouldn't brag that I am 30 mins from Top Shelf Aquatics then...

I will be more than happy to ship you some zoas USPS priority mail.  I got a lot of classics.  King midas, scramble egg, eagle eye, watermelon, utter chaos, magician, rasta, wow, purple death, etc.  

Oh my gosh I didn’t know you had moved to Florida! I’m so jealous of your coral selections down there!

On 7/16/2021 at 2:36 AM, seabass said:

Well, I went earlier today.  While there is some potential, the trip was disappointing.  For as long as they had to set things up, they were still in a moving phase, with things still in the aisles that you had to step around.  Some tanks were even still cloudy.

It's a fairly convenient stop for someone driving through on I80, but I can't recommend it (at least not yet).  I feel that they have been juggling their tank maintenance business and setting up the new location (likely erroring on keeping their tank maintenance clients happy).

Maybe Omaha would have better options.  While I'm not sure what their LFS options are like, the zoo there has a decent aquarium, which is part of it.  At least that's how I remember it, it's been many years since I've been there.

Omaha has two worth checking out, Fish Freaks and Rivers & Reefs. Don’t bother with Nebraska Aquatic Supply. 

Gena it is so nice to see you back on here! I felt the urge to log on to check out how I had my picotope set up originally. I tore down my freshwater shrimp tank and set up the little picotope again! So now I’m back to two reefs. 🙂 I’m actually headed to Colorado on Tuesday! I could frag a piece of that gorg you gave me at MACNA and I also have a beautiful mushroom or two if you’re interested. (Or close to where I’ll be :lol:)

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

I remember my LFS saying he had a licence for selling to foreigners or something. Don't remember much though.

BTW what does your toadstool think about it new friend? My nemo (or my daughters nemo actually) decided to take over my japanese long polyp...of course there's this gorgeous watermelon bta but noooooo it's not good enough for its highness. "I shall take your most expensive coral in the tank and claim it as mineeee...mwhouhahahah.

Well little does nemo know they are getting a divorce. He's going in another tank with his freaking  BTA😂 and so help me if he  takes the Magfloat😂

Have I SEEN your japanese long polyp?????  I don't think I have.  Post it up!!!!!  I love those things!!!!

It's a mutual feeling of love between the clown and the toadstool.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves LOL.

1205785817_Snapseed80.thumb.jpg.ff94637fda73e3ddbf76f8fa0bfb8594.jpg

414671684_Snapseed81.thumb.jpg.27e1b7a142690ada2a1a799d8ea96eff.jpg

• Like 5
23 hours ago, billygoat said:

These sorts of rules on transport seem to be rather lightly enforced, even within the country. I recently ordered a variety pack of Caulerpa for my macroalgae tank for example, and was sent Caulerpa mexicana and C. sertularioides (among others), both of which are technically illegal to import to California... but nobody really seems to be paying close attention, as far as I can tell. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's hit or miss.  Next time they might confiscate and destroy it.  It's the same as importing houseplants into California.  Some make it through, some don't.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Oh my gosh I didn’t know you had moved to Florida! I’m so jealous of your coral selections down there!

Omaha has two worth checking out, Fish Freaks and Rivers & Reefs. Don’t bother with Nebraska Aquatic Supply. 

Gena it is so nice to see you back on here! I felt the urge to log on to check out how I had my picotope set up originally. I tore down my freshwater shrimp tank and set up the little picotope again! So now I’m back to two reefs. 🙂 I’m actually headed to Colorado on Tuesday! I could frag a piece of that gorg you gave me at MACNA and I also have a beautiful mushroom or two if you’re interested. (Or close to where I’ll be :lol:)

He's right by WWC too!!! That's his LFS!!!! LOL  Must be nice :).

Thank you soooo much!!!  I do hope you plan to post regularly...hint hint LOL.  It's nice to see another friend posting 🥰.  You didn't mention mushrooms earlier LOL.  Mushrooms are very tempting to me!!!!!  I'm not that close to where you'll be though.  Like I mentioned about an hour north of Denver.  Unless you are driving north on 25?  If so, you'll come right through my town.  We're about 10-15 min. from the interstate.  I could meet you around there!!!!  Don't go out of your way though.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, gena said:

Have I SEEN your japanese long polyp?????  I don't think I have.  Post it up!!!!!  I love those things!!!!

It's a mutual feeling of love between the clown and the toadstool.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves LOL.

1205785817_Snapseed80.thumb.jpg.ff94637fda73e3ddbf76f8fa0bfb8594.jpg

414671684_Snapseed81.thumb.jpg.27e1b7a142690ada2a1a799d8ea96eff.jpg

I'm soooo jealous!!! There's my LONG polyp toadstool...does it look like a freaking LONG polyp toadstool!!!😂😭  divorce papers are getting signed tomorrow!! Nemo is moving out!!

Ps Sorry about the messy sandbed. those frags need to be glued on rocks

20210829_105505.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

I'm soooo jealous!!! There's my LONG polyp toadstool...does it look like a freaking LONG polyp toadstool!!!😂😭  divorce papers are getting signed tomorrow!! Nemo is moving out!!

Ps Sorry about the messy sandbed. those frags need to be glued on rocks

Hahahahaha....no it doesn't!!!!  I want to see it after Nemo is evicted LOL.  I think it does take some time for the toadstools to adjust though.  If my clown gets too crazy mine closes up a little bit still, but it doesn't take long to open all the way up again.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

He's right by WWC too!!! That's his LFS!!!! LOL  Must be nice :).

Thank you soooo much!!!  I do hope you plan to post regularly...hint hint LOL.  It's nice to see another friend posting 🥰.  You didn't mention mushrooms earlier LOL.  Mushrooms are very tempting to me!!!!!  I'm not that close to where you'll be though.  Like I mentioned about an hour north of Denver.  Unless you are driving north on 25?  If so, you'll come right through my town.  We're about 10-15 min. from the interstate.  I could meet you around there!!!!  Don't go out of your way though.  

I’ll try to be on a little more now! I’ve got mushrooms like you wouldn’t believe! Some massive Rhodactis mushrooms as well as others. I won’t be up quite that far north on this trip. I shoot you the dates for my second trip this year and we will see if anything works out! I can’t remember where the convention is being held off the top of my head right now though! 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I’ll try to be on a little more now! I’ve got mushrooms like you wouldn’t believe! Some massive Rhodactis mushrooms as well as others. I won’t be up quite that far north on this trip. I shoot you the dates for my second trip this year and we will see if anything works out! I can’t remember where the convention is being held off the top of my head right now though! 

Sounds good!!!!!  Speaking of conventions....hopefully we'll get a Denver MACNA again soon and we can hang out together there :).  Apparently there is another show every spring in Denver (since like 2004) called "ReefStock".  Anyone heard of that?????  I may have to check that one out next spring.

17 hours ago, jack1978 said:

MARTHA? 

Isn't this fantastic news????? 😁😁😁

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, jack1978 said:

MARTHA? 

Shhhhh!!!! :lol:

15 minutes ago, gena said:

Sounds good!!!!!  Speaking of conventions....hopefully we'll get a Denver MACNA again soon and we can hang out together there :).  Apparently there is another show every spring in Denver (since like 2004) called "ReefStock".  Anyone heard of that?????  I may have to check that one out next spring.

Isn't this fantastic news????? 😁😁😁

I’ve never heard of that one! Denver is close enough I could probably make a long weekend easily for a fun convention!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Shhhhh!!!! :lol:

I’ve never heard of that one! Denver is close enough I could probably make a long weekend easily for a fun convention!

I started watching the video...need to watch the whole thing.  It looks like the classic reef show though.  Always fun!!!!  If you want to do it, just let me know!!!!  We've got a lot of time to wait...it's not until March.

• Like 1

My new Orphek reef lens kit came in the other day and I finally took some pics today with it.  I think it's going to work out fine.  Still not super crazy with the photos I'm taking.  May have to break out a real camera instead of the iPhone for pics.  Maybe.  One day. LOL

Here's the pics.

With an orange lens:

IMG_8446.thumb.JPG.23f9153375db60c4b2779ec80faf1a6a.JPG

IMG_8449.thumb.JPG.0ebbead9ce1599d254e56b3b98c52553.JPG

IMG_8453.thumb.JPG.03e82d6ca39e8fdd49270909c4cd74c9.JPG

the macro lens:

IMG_8454.thumb.JPG.93f6ffbf42cd459086a2ee28d322b2df.JPG

Room Shot with the orange lens:

ACS_4040.thumb.JPG.4ad96cd8c967d14a4db877b34963096d.JPG

• Like 7

I know I need to close the windows in the room to get rid of the glare.  But for one, I'm too lazy to do that, and for two my plants want light.  But really, I'm just too lazy to do it LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3