SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Fusion 10 Softy Tank

gena

11 minutes ago, braaap said:

haha. I’m trying to get him back in. He’s coming around. In his old age he doesn’t like me. Just tolerates me. 😂

I like where this is going. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, braaap said:

haha. I’m trying to get him back in. He’s coming around. In his old age he doesn’t like me. Just tolerates me. 😂

We’ll see lol.   

growsomething

I can't grow ricordea in my 10g either, and it is the 1 thing I really want in there.  Also have an ai prime hd 16, but it's probably due to something else.  I use nsw and do 50% wc/mo.  They slowwwly shrink to nothing over 1 -1.5 ys.

That tank looks great, would look even better in natural sunlight!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, growsomething said:

I can't grow ricordea in my 10g either, and it is the 1 thing I really want in there.  Also have an ai prime hd 16, but it's probably due to something else.  I use nsw and do 50% wc/mo.  They slowwwly shrink to nothing over 1 -1.5 ys.

That tank looks great, would look even better in natural sunlight!

I have one ricordea that has done nothing. some generic green mushrooms that should have exploded by now, nothing.  And a fancy orange with red and green splotches that @jack1978 sent me (it’s the super fancy variety and I’ve forgotten the name…jawbreaker?), has done nothing lol.  I guess the good thing is they at least haven’t died.

yes it would look nice in natural sunlight.  I prefer a more natural look than the glow stick look.

thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Seriously, this tank is in my top three on this site. Nice to get an update @gena 😊

Wow!!!!  Thanks!!!!! 😊

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm feeling so nostalgic right now coming back on here and seeing all the old-timers from here who originally inspired me when I first got into reefing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said:

I'm feeling so nostalgic right now coming back on here and seeing all the old-timers from here who originally inspired me when I first got into reefing.

I’m honored to be considered an old-timer ♥️.  Thank you 😊

Unexpected surprise I discovered in my tank yesterday.  Looks like a plating Monti cap possibly purple.  I think that’s what you call them (it’s been so long lol). This was a pre owned tank and the original owner said he tried to grow coral in it and he failed.  Must’ve been one of the corals he put in.  I’d show a pic of it but it’s really hard to see.  Just have to wait for it to grow bigger.  I really didn’t want any sps or LPS in this tank.  But I’ll let nature take its course.

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
8 hours ago, gena said:

Unexpected surprise I discovered in my tank yesterday.  Looks like a plating Monti cap possibly purple.  I think that’s what you call them (it’s been so long lol). This was a pre owned tank and the original owner said he tried to grow coral in it and he failed.  Must’ve been one of the corals he put in.  I’d show a pic of it but it’s really hard to see.  Just have to wait for it to grow bigger.  I really didn’t want any sps or LPS in this tank.  But I’ll let nature take its course.

That’s so awesome! Looking forward to seeing what it is when it’s all grown up 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

That’s so awesome! Looking forward to seeing what it is when it’s all grown up 

Me too 😊.  I was cleaning out some hair algae when I discovered it.  Bumped it and was totally surprised.  It’s pretty hidden but I could see the slime montis get when you break them.  I just brushed the edge a bit, didn’t totally break it.  Pretty neat discovery!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...