Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gena's IM Fusion 10 Softy Tank

gena

Gena how's your tank going? Pics plz!!!😉 Remember my IM 10g with that gorgeous LTA? Well the clown never showed and interest in it and that thing went from 5 inches to 8-9 inches in 2 months lol. Friend of mine took it. Being busy with kids and school I shut down my evo 13.5g and moved all my corals in the 10g, so it is now a softy tank!!😁

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 4:34 AM, Melfy77 said:

Gena how's your tank going? Pics plz!!!😉 Remember my IM 10g with that gorgeous LTA? Well the clown never showed and interest in it and that thing went from 5 inches to 8-9 inches in 2 months lol. Friend of mine took it. Being busy with kids and school I shut down my evo 13.5g and moved all my corals in the 10g, so it is now a softy tank!!😁

Dreams DO come true LOL.  I'm excited to hear this :).  How did the transfer go?

I took a couple of photos this morning.  Everything's going really well.  Nothing new except for constant growth.  I'm having to rip out anthelia these days!  Or it frags itself and I pull the floaters LOL.  Remember my "ugly" brown leather that sat at the top of the rocks?  Well, I never considered it ugly, in fact I loved it from the beginning, BUT....it's now a beautiful yellowish shade!!!!!  I'm so happy with it.  I knew it belonged in my tank the moment I saw it :).

What else....big green toadstool is fragging itself.  Ummmmm.....I think that's it!  Wish my green mushrooms would do something more.  

ACS_4886.thumb.JPG.7086122a1d2aeffa437c2346fd81d58c.JPG

IMG_0744.thumb.JPG.27d42d55a0fe8a092bf09df202fe0a6f.JPG

• Like 17
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I’m setting up 10gallon cube tank and trying to decide on lighting choices between AI prime 16 and Kessil A80.  I noticed that you have AI prime and like to know how you like it.  From the reviews I’ve read on BRS site, the fans are very noisy and numerous experience with lense melting.  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, TNSRFR said:

Hi, I’m setting up 10gallon cube tank and trying to decide on lighting choices between AI prime 16 and Kessil A80.  I noticed that you have AI prime and like to know how you like it.  From the reviews I’ve read on BRS site, the fans are very noisy and numerous experience with lense melting.  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!  I love the light!  No issues at all.  I don't even notice the fans but the tank is in my living room.  Maybe if it's in the bedroom it's an issue but you probably aren't running the lights at night anyways when you're trying to sleep :).

• Like 1

Hey guys!!!  Sorry I haven't been around!!!!  The tank is doing great though :).  I'll have to take some photos and post them up.  Lights are out now so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.  Just did my water change today.  Still doing a weekly water change.  Nothing has died so that's good news LOL.  

Everything is growing really well :).

• Like 13
  • 2 weeks later...

Gena!! It's been like 4 years since I visited NR, and I'm really happy to see you (sort of) actively posting on a current tank!! Are there any others from way back when still active? @gena

• Like 3
On 2/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, cnseekatz said:

Gena!! It's been like 4 years since I visited NR, and I'm really happy to see you (sort of) actively posting on a current tank!! Are there any others from way back when still active? @gena

Hi...it's great to see you!!!!  I took a LONG break too.  We moved out of California to the east coast for like a year and a half, and then moved from there to Colorado and have been here for 2 years.  I broke the last tank down the summer of 2018 (I think...can't remember exactly LOL).  So it had been about 4 years for me too!!!!!  Finally felt settled again so started up this tank.  It feels great to have a reef again.  Feels like home :).  Do you have anything set up?  There are a few still posting.  I have been slacking again with posting but I do still have my tank going with no plans to get rid of it.  I'm loving it so much!

On 2/15/2022 at 1:51 PM, JonBonPony said:

Awesome to see that while I may have taken a break, you're back at it again!

Cool!!!  Thanks!!!!  I remember when I tore my last tank down, someone said...you'll be back.  I was like..nope.  I think I'm done.  Famous last words LOL.

On 2/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, dpoltsdsu said:

Sweet setup!

Thanks so much :flower: 

Something made me check in here today...so glad I did to see these posts :wub:.  I need to still grab some photos of the tank.  One of my snails now has an anthelia polyp growing on it.  hahahaha...it's hilarious.  I probably should remove it.  I thought I was going to lose the snail.  He had stopped moving for about a week.  I figured it was surely on it's way out.  I have no idea how old they are since they came with this tank.  But he started moving again and I was so surprised to see the coral stuck to him.  I guess the coral took advantage of his not moving for a week or so LOL.  

Still don't know exactly why the snail became sluggish.  The only thing I had done differently is add a couple drops of Brightwell's Iodion (used it in the past) to the tank for the leather corals.  But when I stopped doing that, the snail started moving again.  Maybe just a coincidence, but I'm not adding anymore of it just in case.

• Like 6
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys!  I know it’s been forever since I’ve updated in here, but @braaap just recently contacted me saying he’s bringing the gang back so here I am.  

my little softy tank is still running.  I haven’t lost anything I put in there except for two snails that came with the tank.  They died about a year after I got them and I haven’t added any new ones because I don’t feel like they do anything for the tank anyways.  

I’ve been thinking about adding some sexy shrimp.  I don’t have any zoas in the tank for them to pick on so that’s a good thing.  I don’t know if you can even still get them these days.

I still just have one fish.  A clownfish.

The tank is overall doing well.  I have some hair algae which I’ve never been able to eradicate, ever, from my tanks.  Luckily the coral in this tank pretty much hides it.  I’ve been running this tank very “blue” to try to kill the algae off.  I’ve never been a fan of the blue look, but I’m getting used to it now.  It just photographs so horribly.

I have a lot of neon green toadstool that has split multiple times and I just leave the pieces in there.  They are everywhere lol.  Anthelia is everywhere too.  This is a true softy tank.

that’s pretty much it here.  I’ll include some photos.  Hope everyone is doing well.

74F8A7AF-9839-4BCD-966D-2B4C9312121C.jpeg

2324B67D-989D-42B2-A938-8DB919A3E463.jpeg

1C5321DE-EEB6-4B44-BB58-D64AF404F871.jpeg

FC4C9385-F58B-4DEE-A520-7AE9A94527B8.jpeg

65C275E2-4EBF-4FAB-8814-75C8843CE86D.jpeg

• Like 14
1 hour ago, braaap said:

Yay! Welcome back! Tank looks really good! Love the toads! What light are you running?

Also. I see all the pretty plants in the background.... 🤤

A lot of people (SPS snobs lol) would probably look at it and say it’s a hot mess, but I love it.  It’s exactly the kind of tank I love.  The only thing that would make it better, is if those mushrooms I put in there would freaken grow for me!!!!  For the life of me, I can’t get mushrooms to grow.  Makes me sad.  I want a forest of mushrooms 🍄.

I have an AI Prime on it.

yeah, plants are my thing 😊.  Thanks for checking in ❤️.

28 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

So happy to see you back! Tank looks absolutely fantastic 

Hi, Sharbuckle!!!!  Thanks!!!! 😊  it’s so nice to be back.  Reminds me of some fun times 😊.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Harrisonbored said:

Haha awesome!!!!  I’ve been thinking about ordering from them too.  Seeing if there is a critter to clean up the algae.  Good to know they carry the sexy shrimp!!!  

I remember the first time I learned that sexy shrimp came from Gulf waters.  I thought that was so awesome.

thanks!!!! 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Glad to see you. The tank looks and sounds like my kind of tank. More fun less fuss. 

Hi, Deb!!!!  Yup!!!!  I’m really enjoying the no fuss kind of tank.  I even just recently dropped water changes down to once per month.  Hoping maybe it helps my hair algae problem somehow lol.  Who knows, maybe my mushrooms will even start growing.  

happy to see you😊 

1 minute ago, braaap said:

@Lawnman help her grow some mushrooms!

Haha he was/is the king of softies.  I’m not sure @Lawnman likes me anymore 😁.  We haven’t talked in years.  He was my best buddy here, so many years ago 😊.  Lol wasn’t that long ago really, but feels like a long time ago.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

Haha he was/is the king of softies.  I’m not sure @Lawnman likes me anymore 😁.  We haven’t talked in years.  He was my best buddy here, so many years ago 😊.  Lol wasn’t that long ago really, but feels like a long time ago.

haha. I’m trying to get him back in. He’s coming around. In his old age he doesn’t like me. Just tolerates me. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1