Top Shelf Aquatics

20 Years of Nano-Reef.com - A Birthday Celebration! šŸŽ‚

Christopher Marks

Wow, twenty years! Hard to believe this community is almost as old as me! Iā€™ve gotten a lot of good information from members here, for which I am very thankful!Ā 

Here is Moto Moto, my first ever saltwater fish. Almost three years old and still kicking!

image.thumb.jpg.790c45784e8dfada2427221cd5c7b997.jpgĀ 

• Like 2

A huge thanks to @Christopher MarksĀ for assembling this forum.

Ā 

My Favourite memory, without a doubt would be the 2.5G Pico Reef Challenge, really the event that got me into reefing. I do miss that little tank and wish I had the foresight to keep that little desk reef running somewhere, without a doubt my most successful and fun reef to dateĀ Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
nor_cal_nano

0cc8ccd1bd2b68bcb060582b4ba7130a.gif.e68e516c9441f17432aa360f19065573.gif

Ā 

Back after an almost 10 year complete hiatus and immediately thought of this gif when I logged on.... RIPĀ 

Ā 

Thank you, Chris, for making such an incredible resource of articles, discussion, and photographs like this possible. You've no doubt been a catalyst to growing this hobby across the globe.

• Like 4

I have been hoping in an out of this site for the last three years. I used to keep a marine tank back in the 80s when it was mercury vapour lights, under gravel filters and Tunze bio-filtration and skimmer on a rack on top of your tank. It was quite a successful tank but like a lot of people I shut it down when I moved house. I have always kept the hobby at the back of my mind with a view to starting again sometime. For my last birthday my wife bought me a waterbox 20 nano so now I am back in business again šŸ™‚

Ā 

Keep up the good work.

Ā 

Julian

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 3:40 PM, StevieT said:

Coincidence?Ā  I think not

Ā 

nr-20-years.jpg?t=1619123609&_ga=2.38120

Ā 

Ā 

also

Ā 

:happydance:Ā  good job CM keeping this joint around the interwebs for 20 years and providing a resource for well over 100,000 hobbyists, hundreds of businesses and a few trolls.

Ā 

Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.Ā  Can you say MACNA 2022 ?!

Ā 

Ā 

I am so excited for MACNA 2022Ā :haha:omgomgomg

• Like 3

Lots of great memories and friends made here... started out as a noob asking for help setting up my Aquapod and got a lot of great advice.

Ā 

I even still have one coral from that very first tank 12Ā years ago...

Ā 

BBE06D89-B905-410B-8858-7411CC19FB42.thumb.jpeg.a04c5f4d7572e2fdbe4e25278eecbd66.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Wow! Itā€™s crazy that itā€™s been 20 years already. I have been using this site for so long before I recentlyĀ made an account!Ā 
Ā 

Hereā€™s my tank below. I love this hobby!

5378CDE1-5E69-4EF4-966A-222932EF0F25.thumb.jpeg.c4e00af02bdceef5d2ff65ed6bd025f6.jpeg
Ā 

BCCC65B0-FA35-4911-81BC-A151DAF89D1F.thumb.jpeg.70e05404cc473b5033d99b3252a5f012.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Im enjoying and learning from this site more than 10 years. still working hard to get TOTM title . keep up the good work. love nanoreef.com.

chathura from Sri Lanka

• Like 3
6 hours ago, chathurai said:

Im enjoying and learning from this site more than 10 years. still working hard to get TOTM title . keep up the good work. love nanoreef.com.

chathura from Sri Lanka

Hey there!Ā  My wife is Sri Lankan (born in US) but her parents are from Kandy and Colombo.Ā  How is the reef keeping over there?Ā  Ā 

• Like 2

Congratulations @Christopher Marks!! Happy bday nano-reef! There are likely users on here that are younger than the site, which is both fun to think about and makes me feel old!Ā 

Ā 

I'm still in the process of setting up my first reef tank 1.5 years later.... But I remember my first time reading @brad908's TOTM write-up andĀ @Giga's mangrove threads and how excited I got about making my own mangrove tank. I have three healthy mangroves that all just put out their second sets of leaves, so I'm on my way!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

Thanks everyone for the kind words and nice memories! It's so niceĀ to see all the long time members checking in too, I'm glad you've all been here for the journey!

Ā 

To celebrate our 20th anniversary, I'd like to send Nano-Reef.com stickers out to the following 20 members:

Ā 

@A.m.P

@aclman88

@Aqua Splendor

@Chowder's Reef

@Fant

@Firefish15

@Jakesaw

@Jim_i

@jrdd

@jservedio

@jtwisconsin

@Lypto

@mitten_reef

@Nano sapiens

@natalia_la_loca

@nor_cal_nano

@Reefkid88

@SnackySmores

@sublunary

@Thrassian Atoll

Ā 

I'll be messaging you all shortly for your mailing information, stay tuned!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic