ReefCleaners.org

6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Oh no, your fave rastas 😢. What happened?

Was a simple glass cleaning gone wrong. Moved a piece of rock I move all the time to get a good run at the glass, this time I didn't notice that the zoa's have started to migrate onto another rock, so when I moved that it pulled another rock with it, followed by a 3rd. Tried to put it all back together and failed. Resulting in buried SPS and floating zoa's. 😭😱

• Sad 5

So I managed to rebuild with sump rock which has a horrifying WHITE look in the display, it's not that clean looking when in the sump! The rock work looks very patchy with some big gaps in between them where it once looked like a single bit of rock, but some of that may be due to colour difference. 

I have managed to salvage some of the acro on the top right, but it looks like shite. And the forest fire Digi on the top left, well I feel like I just glued a dead coral on there... It don't look good. 

Rastas I am pleased to report have been captured and after a lot of messing around have been stuck down. So I now have 2 colonies, 1 that was attached firmly to the rock that never moved and a second that went swimming..  

The tank isn't going to look great for a while but I'm getting back on track. 

After so much change / bugger up I'm going to do a full run of tests this evening... GULP! 

OH and for some reason (I might find out in the back of the test results) all GSP colonies are in shock with part of each colony closed up. 

PXL_20210908_075859891.jpg

• Like 5

Results are in, actually good.. was expecting bad news somehow. The big 3 are in a place I feel is ok. Phosphate is a little low as I tested about 15mins before the doser dropped 1ml, so I'm fine with that. Everything else is as was.

CURRENT PARAMETERS

Temp (Inkbird): 24.8 °C

NO3 (Salifert): 5.0 ppm

PO4 (Hanna): 0.02 ppm (dosing Zlements Z-PhosPlus)

SG (TMC): 1.026 SG

Alk (Salifert): 10.3 dKH

Ca (Salifert): 480 ppm

Mag (Salifert): 1370 ppm 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, InAtTheDeepEnd said:

I've just read this journal from start to finish 😂😂 although just one question....I didn't see what lights you were using on the equipment list (could be me being stupid)?  but your zoas are seriously popping. 

Ah what all of it! Wow that's a mission, hope you enjoyed it! Im a bit of a direction changer eh? 🤣 

I have 2 AI prime HD16s. They are awesome 👍🏼 

I do love my zoa's...  

• Like 1

New growth on the firecracker already, polyps extending out of the side like worms.

PXL_20210929_132741083_MP.thumb.jpg.3f8b1d8b6166ea52a74978af11619445.jpg

And @Ratvan are you sure you want GSP? Which is now in the plug so almost ready to send by the way.. I never put any here and it's not even close to this rock so how the hell it'sstarted growing here between the rastas and the utter chaos is beyond me.

Hornets mid afternoon, rare to see them open till later on in the day, look ace when all fully open.

PXL_20210929_132617650.thumb.jpg.497957055d186a6160ec2cbbeba196fa.jpg

Mushroom plateau one of my fav areas now.. need to move the other Ric's into this area, this is where the Gramma likes to hang out, our if the way of the wrasses.

PXL_20210913_125856586_MP.thumb.jpg.1e30c4575b5310f7661b27cc549e8c1b.jpg

• Like 4

Pretty happy with the placement of the firecrackers, they are sitting very well above the rastas.. looks pretty good.. just need to keep an eye on them as they are sending new polyps out PXL_20210913_130054795_MP.thumb.jpg.e892c306d18665cb3f98da7a98a2047d.jpg

Mushrooms seem to be less plump at the moment

PXL_20210913_125856586.MP.jpg

• Like 5

Cheers mate.

The idea is to have a good spread of colour and loads of space between items so they have plenty of room to spread out and in time crash into each other....

There is a full side dedicated to GSP on the right, the torch should stop them from taking the glass on the side and front. The rest is sparse LPS but mainly zoa's 

• Like 2

Got some mixed zoas yesterday for a £10er (nothing to write home about but more space fillers) to start filling the darker area of the tank on the massive Tonga branch on the left.  Going to get some chalice (tro colour piece below)  https://www.cellarmarinestore.co.uk/collections/chalice/products/tri-color-chalice-colony-wysiwyg-echinophyllia-aspera

And some leathers for right at the top just below the water line.. it's still not as bright as it's right beside the weir so a bit shaded so thinking it's all gravy.... 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys