Coral Vue Hydros

WHICH WAYS UP?

So over the last 2 months I have been focusing the direction of where I want the reef to go. To that end I have made the decision to remove the BTA and not add any more SPS.

I am most interested in soft coral these days, zoas in the main but by no means limited to them and branching LPS, so this is the direction I will continue in.

In terms of fish, I have no plans to change out. Though I was for a time thinking about removing the Dusky Wrasse so I could have more fan works and other smaller critters, he is fine with the stars, shrimp and larger snails and crabs. I will keep the wrasse. 

• Like 5

Salinity has crept down over the month, I'm putting that down to having to do some cleaning. It's amazing how much water comes off your hands and arms when you are moving stuff and deep cleaning. I was at the time aware that the ATO was kicking in once or twice more that usual. A 5% water change with a 1.027ppm mix should fix this back up to 1.026. 

CURRENT PARAMETERS

Temp (Inkbird): 24.8 °C

NO3 (Salifert): 5.0 ppm

PO4 (Hanna): 0.06 ppm 🔺 

SG (TMC): 1.025 SG 🔻

Alk (Salifert): 10.2 dKH 🔻

Ca (Salifert): 480 ppm

Mag (Salifert): 1370 ppm 

• Like 1

Ups and downs.. got a Joker acan with 4 heads for £15.. mint!! 

Got a large zoa rock red and green mix for £30 super bargin. But came with a massive mussel.. cool... And a shite load of free of charge aiptasia, sumped in a jug until I get time to sort out. 

PXL_20210930_203350075.jpg

Aiptasia city 

PXL_20210930_191758200.jpg

• Like 4

That pic was a couple mins after putting in the tank and wasn't the full rock. 3 came out a few mins after one big fcker and 2 small ones. Also I picked off 2 zoa spiders after I removed to recheck the rock. 

This morning I checked the jug it's in and pulled 2 more zoa spiders off..

5 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I don't see any aptasia :huh:

4 hours ago, Xj reefing said:

Same

In other news most zoas and the large mussel was open this morning so tonight I will get to cleaning it properly and give it a dip. Glad I never just did the usual "risk it for a biscuit" that would have been a right bugger 🤣

• Like 5

The new Acan is opening out a bit now.. what you can't see from this angle is the pretty hardcore looking fragging it took... 

image.thumb.jpg.50ce2edd5d8190c3e8c1f0728746156d.jpg

Oh in other news, the Firecracker is taking liberties, of all the directions it could grow out on, it decided to move into the zoas 

38441966_PXL_20211002_131213856_MP2.thumb.jpg.e3c05dd40f579811956de2202111bd6e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thursday night! LFS... was only going for a few bags of live pods but... 

Picked up a few pretty well matured rocks with mystery zoas and mushrooms.. all closed up at the moment..cause that particular frag tank was getting a bit of maintenance. but for £5er each it's definitely worth seeing what I have and I need to fill in some crevices in my rockwork so double bubble.... 

Pictures regardless of being good or bad investment to follow....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys