Innovative Marine Aquariums

Phosphate is now 0.02 and SPS are getting colour about them again. Still working on lowering alkalinity a little bit, but all is well. 

Started using reef snow mixed with frozen mysis to feed 3 times a day in small amounts to help with the phosphate control so will keep the journal updated with results 

Royal Gramma

PXL_20210821_152210753.thumb.jpg.c0ec670426723938f803b3535716642c.jpg

• Like 3

I've finally decided on the fish I'm going to get and it's BIG news!! 

None.. been watching the tank and the fish I have are all active at various times of the day, have their own territory set up and have plenty of swim space.. leave it be for now I think. 

• Like 2

Good news Alk, Ca, Mag coming back down into line....

CURRENT PARAMETERS

Temp (Inkbird): 25 °C

NO3 (Salifert): 5.0 ppm

PO4 (Hanna): 0.03 ppm (dosing Zlements Z-PhosPlus)

SG (TMC): 1.026 SG

Alk (Salifert): 10.3 dKH

Ca (Salifert): 480 ppm

Mag (Salifert): 1440 ppm

Debating having a beer... Not sure if I can be arsed to go to the shop.....

Bullseye:

PXL_20210929_132624794_MP.thumb.jpg.522275e6f3a97a71eaeceea0a4fc1fd0.jpg

• Like 3

Dusky wrasse has completely lost interest in inverts, it's all about the frozen mysis these days.. 

He has lost interest so much that stars and pods now frequent the glass in plain sight. 

Might not chance a feather duster just yet though 🤣

PXL_20210825_193117268._exported_stabilized_1629920116536.gif

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I'm having a hard time seeing what it is :unsure:. Clove polyps?

Yeah it is a firecracker clove but it's just been glued in so pretty upset with me at the moment. Should get a decent picture tomorrow 😃

• Like 1

Finally got to see the firecracker clove open, 4 or 5 new polyps already after a week.. bad feeling that like the GSP, @Ratvan is going to have yo take some of this stuff off me..

PXL_20210831_193457612.thumb.jpg.38db29e1c736eaa9140da5b6b8967e71.jpg

Taking of GSP there are patches all over the right hand side now.. I'll be upset with it in 12 months 🤣PXL_20210831_193637261.thumb.jpg.663409dc5d568531ee4acb93f0fe9490.jpg

Rastas are still my favourite zoa's, always have been my must have 👍🏼

PXL_20210831_193547410.thumb.jpg.3690a2fd50a9027bf9b2886ce2d610a9.jpg

Space invaders, duncans and some Ric's down on the raised sandbed plateau

PXL_20210831_193559695.thumb.jpg.d6946fbd4776c644ed59eb3a2354b17c.jpg

This small patch of space invaders just appeared. No idea how they got here, just under a purple Monti (which blends into the rock under blues)

PXL_20210831_193608485.thumb.jpg.2b589a59ab4bb9fab27080284b7f92d0.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Murphych said:

Finally got to see the firecracker clove open, 4 or 5 new polyps already after a week.. bad feeling that like the GSP, @Ratvan is going to have yo take some of this stuff off me..

PXL_20210831_193457612.thumb.jpg.38db29e1c736eaa9140da5b6b8967e71.jpg

PXL_20210831_193559695.thumb.jpg.d6946fbd4776c644ed59eb3a2354b17c.jpg

Cloves are nice, i like the mushroom rock and the furry mushrooms too. Be interesting to see them under different lights in different systems too 

• Like 2

It's lunch time. What do you do? Check your pipework and overflow? Of course...

Aiptasia! It's gonna wipe my coral out...

TOMORROW I'LL HAVE NOTHING LEFT!! 😭

What Aiptasia in the display? No... in the overflow.  4 of the buggers. Turned the return off and cleared them out pronto.. 

The amount of sponges and algae of various colours is ace behind there though. I thought that stuff only grew where you could see it?!? 🤣 (Can't get a decent picture but will try again later.)

Been scanning the DT for Aiptasia but I can't see any at all. I do have a peppermint shrimp who took care of the pest when it came in on a zoa frag 6 months ago (could be longer mind), at which point I had to remove one from the sump as well, Christ knows how it got there.. there was a 200macron sock between pipe and water bit anyway.... I wonder if these guys have been in there that long... ??!

Moral of the story, I love my peppermint ❤️ ...........Unless I see Aiptasia in the DT then the shrimp gets deleted 😵   

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Put a little box on the side of the tank for a frag pack I'm knocking up for you @RatvanHirsuta Monti, red people eater frag (on the upside down frag plug) and GSP that grown on a bit of rock.

PXL_20210901_191215687.jpg

Thats amazing thanks bud, i'll pass on the Zoas though if you dont mind, Can never keep them alive for more than a few weeks  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Thats amazing thanks bud, i'll pass on the Zoas though if you dont mind, Can never keep them alive for more than a few weeks  

No worries dude. But these zoa's you cant kill. However I have a space that they can slot into when attached so they won't go to waste. 👍🏼 

The Monti is great and fast growing btw 

• Like 1

Thursday night means only one thing.. up to the marine superstore. 

The focus this week.. a tidy sump and well fed coral. 

• Live Copepod Pouches 100ml x 12
  • Reef Zlements Z-PhosPlus - 500ml
  • Bubble Magus 4 Tube Holder
  • TMC Reef Coral Feeder 542mm
  • Sump Doser Tube Bracket Holders - Single Blue x 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Vibrant killed off all of mine. :sad:

Reminds me that I'll have to restock them.

Same here. I have been buying small £2 balls of chaeto weekly from different stores and taking the inverts out. Chaeto becomes tang food and inverts go in the sump 👍🏼

• Like 3
On 9/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, Pjanssen said:

How are the firecrackers doing? Are you concerned that they may become too invasive?  Only asking because I like them and considering putting them in my tank

Yeah they seem fine Penny. They have got new polyps already, but the mat seems less firmly attached with clove that GSP. I think they will be quite controllable and have them on my main rock. 

• Like 2

Made a right bugger up and moved some rock to clean the glass. It took half the Scape with it, now can't get it to go back together and it looks a right mess with frags all over the sand. Got sick of it so left the rocks all over the sand bed - it is what it is for now. 👎🏼

• Sad 5

Just noticed my acro and Digi under one of the rocks that fell off sticking out the sand. No flesh left on the acro. Rastas ripped off the plug drifting around as well... 

I'll put everything that's alive back on the rock and leave it run its course. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 2

Arco is now a white stick and Digi is on its way out. Couldn't find the rastas tonight so they will hopefully pop up somewhere under their own steam. 

What a terrible couple of days. Everything is glued back up that survived but it's a sorry looking mess.. 

Was very close to a shut down this morning for the first time in years. 

All rock has been glued down tight now. Let's let it recover and see what happens. 

• Sad 3
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys