Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Murphs_Reef
10 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Why is it risky?

They are know to starve to death and break up under the sand as they eat almost exclusively on live critters in the sand. I got this one as it will accept frozen food but you need to hold it very close to the star and let it find the food (during the 20 mins it comes up out of the sand)... Meanwhile the dusky wrasse (a strong eater if the cuc) is hovering overhead waiting to water steal the food or take a chunk of star..  

A bit like the green brittle star who enjoys fish as they sleep.. 

I will say this... My tank is full of amazing animals though... 

Almost forgot the bubble tip who has in 2 weeks taken care of a zoa colony by sitting right in the middle of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Murphs_Reef
2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Let me know how it performs been looking for an ATO since mine packed in a while ago

Sure will do..early indications are good. Did some testing on it as I'm a bit dubious of them after the TMC drama. 

This looks promising.. albeit a bit led blinky to tell you what's going on...

• Thanks 1
Murphs_Reef

CURRENT PARAMETERS

Sunday 27/06 12:04

Temp: 25 °C

NO3 (Salifert): 5.0 ppm

PO4 (Hanna): 0.02 ppm

SG (TMC): 1.025 SG

Alk (Salifert): 9.1 dKH

Ca (Salifert): 450 ppm

Mag (Salifert): 1420 ppm

Won't be tracking nitrates every week rather move to monthly after this one. It's been a solid 5ppm for 2 months (bar a day when I accidently dumped too much food in the tank at the start of June). Phosphate, I'm still managing pretty closely so will continue with that. 

Aim is to only track alk, CA and mag monthly once the other numbers become stable. 

• Like 3
Murphs_Reef

Nothing to report really this week. Cyano is now a thing of the past, for now anyway. Rocks all look pretty bared down. A lot of Coralline growth over glass and areas of rock as well as snails, so that's great news. 

I feel like the microfauna has been somewhat stripped from a combination of tank maturity and the dusky wrasse.. so I'm going to address that by adding critters to the sump. 

All coral looking great, I feel like I need to share an update of "the zoa that was almost gone" I won't even go into the torture I have put this guy through... Seabass will remember... 

PXL_20210630_160152272_MP.thumb.jpg.76b433723c80e810cbe3b7003b6e7db2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
16 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Seabass will remember... 

Haha... yes, I remember that ball of algae which you called a colony of zoanthids. :lol:

Looking great.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Murphych said:

Nothing to report really this week. Cyano is now a thing of the past, for now anyway. Rocks all look pretty bared down. A lot of Coralline growth over glass and areas of rock as well as snails, so that's great news. 

I feel like the microfauna has been somewhat stripped from a combination of tank maturity and the dusky wrasse.. so I'm going to address that by adding critters to the sump. 

All coral looking great, I feel like I need to share an update of "the zoa that was almost gone" I won't even go into the torture I have put this guy through... Seabass will remember... 

PXL_20210630_160152272_MP.thumb.jpg.76b433723c80e810cbe3b7003b6e7db2.jpg

big difference on that

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
25 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

big difference on that

Oh. I owe you a review of the DD top off. 

A week in and I have nothing to say about it at all...it's being doing its job as expected, water level is exactly the same as it was last week.

12 litres of water added to the ATO over the week. It's just been all very hands off.. and I suppose as a result the salinity has been a lot more stable... But that's just a guess as I haven't measured it outside if the standard weekly checks I do..

• Thanks 1
Just now, Murphych said:

Oh. I owe you a review of the DD top off. 

A week in and I have nothing to say about it at all...it's being doing its job as expected, water level is exactly the same as it was last week.

12 litres of water added to the ATO over the week. It's just been all very hands off.. and I suppose as a result the salinity has been a lot more stable... But that's just a guess as I haven't measured it outside if the standard weekly checks I do..

how big is the pump and do you think it'll fit into a 25L water container? I have just enough space in the stand to fit one and would rather just replace the container then refill

Murphs_Reef
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

how big is the pump and do you think it'll fit into a 25L water container? I have just enough space in the stand to fit one and would rather just replace the container then refill

It's pretty small. It's that small black splodge on the end of the airline 

PXL_20210630_185807678.jpg

• Haha 1
Murphs_Reef

It's Thursday night... That only means one thing: 

New additions this week are: 

Red Rhodactis Hairy Mushroom rock:

PXL_20210701_201953112_MP.thumb.jpg.a422e916f763a0f17193990f9a72e13f.jpg

Metalic Blue Leg Hermit Crab, this guy is going to enjoy some big turbos I think 🤔

PXL_20210701_192742763.thumb.jpg.fe92041e322d9ea1447a287578feda0b.jpg

Forest Fire Monti Digitata

PXL_20210701_201916170_MP.thumb.jpg.b884971903205155378c0b2bca962248.jpg

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
15 minutes ago, seabass said:

Wow! I'm thinking you should be fully stocked soon.

I think that was last week 😅

It's the height of the tank... It still looks pretty empty.. but yeah I'll let it grow out some.... Soon!! 

Fish wise, there is no room at the inn... invert wise, I have a dusky so it's a constant spend to replenish snails.. but Shrimp and crabs he won't look at..... YET! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Murphs_Reef

I will do some updated tank shots soon as it's starting to look good... Very mixed bag of things going on but I've spent a lot of time on the look and feel so I think it flows very well..  

• Like 3
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys