SaltCritters.com

ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, Murphych said:

My new favorite side if the scape. It seems to go on forever. 

PXL_20210705_194539439.MP.jpg

I love that side of my tank too. It’s like looking at a busy city.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, Murphych said:

It makes me realize how little rock I have though.

Mine is the opposite. I probably have way too much. Goes to show if you follow that whole 1.5lb of rock rule you end up with a crap ton of rock and no room.

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
30 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Nice torch. I can't wait to get the one remaining one that I have into my tank. Unfortunately I lost about 8 heads from the other tank.

Thank you. Given enough room and a good flow yours will be growing new heads in no time.. 👍🏼

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

The mobility of these zoa's is amazing.

What I have observed

Since the monti above them has plated out, light has become restricted somewhat. Over the last 3 weeks they have reached for the light leaning against rock. The polyps then bind to the rock just under the skirt and each seem to grow another 2 new polyps in each direction. This is then followed by the original polyp cutting away from the main colony forming a new one if it's own. As you can see in the centre, the frag plug will soon have no polyps left on it at all. 

PXL_20210713_081132913.jpg

This is one of 3 frags I bought at the same time. One is under direct light so has remained in place. The 3rd sits partly under the purple monti so that part is on the move. It's actually quite a quick process. 

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

Got a lot of GSP in March to fill out the back wall. It's over doubled in area on all 4 frags. So am starting to lightly glue some rubble in front of it so I can remove chunks from where I dont want it to grow.

@Ratvan if you want any I will prep some rubble for you. Won't be a month at this rate... See how it's marching down the rock?! (It started as the first 3rd at the top of this colony)

You can't see the original rock I glued against the weir.. it was too close to the rock work in this area and took hold...

PXL_20210714_081951012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Got a lot of GSP in March to fill out the back wall. It's over doubled in area on all 4 frags. So am starting to lightly glue some rubble in front of it so I can remove chunks from where I dont want it to grow.

@Ratvan if you want any I will prep some rubble for you. Won't be a month at this rate... See how it's marching down the rock?! (It started as the first 3rd at the top of this colony)

You can't see the original rock I glued against the weir.. it was too close to the rock work in this area and took hold...

PXL_20210714_081951012.jpg

Cheers that would be appreciated, would look good on the back wall of the Fluval in the Mantis Tank, still a little while off being cycled still though. Another 4 weeks I reckon 

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
3 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Those stickers turn up yet? Went in the post Monday night 1st class

Not yet. I think the reason is, as this is Stoke, all mail is dropped off at Crewe and then a horse n cart take it the rest of the way 😂 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Not yet. I think the reason is, as this is Stoke, all mail is dropped off at Crewe and then a horse n cart take it the rest of the way 😂 

I posted it in Bradford so it could also have been eaten 🤷‍♂️.

Question for you, have you even seen the Waterbox AIO aquariums in person?

• Haha 1
Murphs_Reef
Just now, Ratvan said:

I posted it in Bradford so it could also have been eaten 🤷‍♂️.

Question for you, have you even seen the Waterbox AIO aquariums in person?

Yes I did at cellar marines. It wasn't wet but got a good look at it. 

Just now, Murphych said:

Yes I did at cellar marines. It wasn't wet but got a good look at it. 

Are they as shallow as they appear in the photos online? I'm looking at a potential "next and last tank" and wanted something like the 35.2 or a Lagoon 25 (but that means Charterhouse 🤮) I love the red sea tanks but the depth has put me off of them to be honest

Murphs_Reef
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Are they as shallow as they appear in the photos online? I'm looking at a potential "next and last tank" and wanted something like the 35.2 or a Lagoon 25 (but that means Charterhouse 🤮) I love the red sea tanks but the depth has put me off of them to be honest

Yeah the 35 was pretty shallow. It's a great looking depth for scaping. My next tank will be long / shallow. This monster i have is far to deep for me.

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
18 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Space invaders filling the rock 

PXL_20210716_203927513.thumb.jpg.6bc5ec076553a815b642dd5cce858505.jpg

My fav side shot 

PXL_20210716_203815280.jpg

Side shots are the best shots

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Murphych said:

This guy is massive. Thought he was stuck behind a rock as I haven't seen him for a week or more

He probably just picked up that boulder and moved it out of his way. :lol:

Actually, it probably molted.  They usually keep it on the down low for a few days while their exoskeleton hardens up.

• Like 2
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys