inTank Media Baskets

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

• 3 weeks later...

What a gorgeous tank!!!!!  This is the best advertisement for getting a Biocube tank I've ever seen 😊.  I hope the person that just picked up a Biocube 32 checks this out!!!!  

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, gena said:

What a gorgeous tank!!!!!  This is the best advertisement for getting a Biocube tank I've ever seen 😊.  I hope the person that just picked up a Biocube 32 checks this out!!!!  

Aww thanks so much, that’s a super nice compliment! 🤗🥰 There are quite a few awesome Biocubes running these days. @Jackal227 has a really beautiful Biocube 16 that many of us have used as a model for setting ours up. 

My 32 has been so neglected due to the pandemic that it really hasn’t achieved its potential, but from what I’ve seen with it, I think it could grow easier SPS reasonably well too if I would test, dose, and keep up with water changes. I keep hoping my motivation level will kick back in soon! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Aww thanks so much, that’s a super nice compliment! 🤗🥰 There are quite a few awesome Biocubes running these days. @Jackal227 has a really beautiful Biocube 16 that many of us have used as a model for setting ours up. 

My 32 has been so neglected due to the pandemic that it really hasn’t achieved its potential, but from what I’ve seen with it, I think it could grow easier SPS reasonably well too if I would test, dose, and keep up with water changes. I keep hoping my motivation level will kick back in soon! 

I just checked out your 32.  Looks like it's mostly SPS?  I hope you get your motivation back soon.  It would be neat to see a biocube with full blown SPS thriving.  You obviously have the talent/skill to do it!!!!  No pressure of course LOL.  I myself can only deal with one small tank at a time (I've learned this over the years).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gena said:

I just checked out your 32.  Looks like it's mostly SPS?  I hope you get your motivation back soon.  It would be neat to see a biocube with full blown SPS thriving.  You obviously have the talent/skill to do it!!!!  No pressure of course LOL.  I myself can only deal with one small tank at a time (I've learned this over the years).

I am really not a natural SPS keeper… I am so clumsy that I frag them all the time! And I do not test or dose my tanks at all at this point. But I would like to give it a shot though because I do suspect they could grow just fine if I put the effort in, so I do appreciate your challenge. 🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

I am really not a natural SPS keeper… I am so clumsy that I frag them all the time! And I do not test or dose my tanks at all at this point. But I would like to give it a shot though because I do suspect they could grow just fine if I put the effort in, so I do appreciate your challenge. 🤗

I don't care to dose or test at all so I'd be a bad SPS parent LOL. Awesome!!!  I'm guessing you'll do a great job 😊.

• Like 2

One of my hermit crabs had to be pulled out of my Biocube 32 after I caught it actually pinching the face of my diamond goby. 😬😳😡 Thought it would do better in this tank since it has a little more algae, and check him out scaling the back wall to get to the algae that grows on the GSP!

68C2EF5E-4FC4-4BEC-A1AB-7BFFB894DD80.thumb.jpeg.c80d492b6ad67ebed69c4064a7628499.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Spicy Reef said:

These pictures on all ur pages are beautiful! 

1 hour ago, Spicy Reef said:

How do you get these darker ones? OMG

Thanks so much! The pics under blue lights were probably with a clip on lens on my iPad… also, I often white balance my images by focusing on the green candy cane or sinularia. 🤗😊

• Like 1
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

Thanks so much! The pics under blue lights were probably with a clip on lens on my iPad… also, I often white balance my images by focusing on the green candy cane or sinularia. 🤗😊

I just ordered some clip on lenses for my phone.  I sure hope it makes a difference!!!!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, gena said:

I just ordered some clip on lenses for my phone.  I sure hope it makes a difference!!!!

Oooh… I am excited for you… I think you are gonna be happppyyyyy 🤞🤞🤞🤗

• Like 1
18 hours ago, banasophia said:

Excellent tips, thanks!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Spicy Reef said:

Excellent tips, thanks!

And you probably already know these, but here are some general tank photography tips that I’ve put together for photographing your tank with a phone or tablet:

* make sure the glass is clean, best to keep it clean at all times so you are ready to get a good pic in the event something interesting happens in your tank 

* if using a phone or tablet, get a set of clip on lenses to filter out the blues and take good macro shots

* turn off lights in the room and close curtains/take at night to eliminate reflections 

* focus on the eyes when photographing fish or inverts with eyes

* turn off flow to photograph corals

* press camera against the glass or hold at right angle to subject to reduce reflections and distortion

* figure out how to take action shots on your device to photograph your fish - I use live photo or photo burst then edit to choose the best frame

* get a tripod for your phone/tablet; if no tripod available, stabilize your device by resting it against something

* use the flash to get a pic of your fish with the background dark all around the fish… you have to go through the frames to pick the one with the right exposure 

• Like 2

The berghias just keep crawling around on the glass and hardly go near the aiptasia. 😩😩😩 And it’s becoming an issue because the aiptasia have gotten so bad I had to remove both my candy canes from this tank since they were being stung so much. I can’t use aiptasia x in this tank because it hurts the sun corals.

The berghias are reproducing though, there are several egg spirals… I’m hoping maybe when there are more of them they’ll be better able to surround the aiptasia and eat them up. I hope so, the tank’s definitely going through a rough patch right now.

7B474D0A-6106-4A2E-ACB1-88549B6EDA89.thumb.jpeg.f85675a2267410f4d10f2a5c37447607.jpeg

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

The berghias just keep crawling around on the glass and hardly go near the aiptasia. 😩😩😩 And it’s becoming an issue because the aiptasia have gotten so bad I had to remove both my candy canes from this tank since they were being stung so much. I can’t use aiptasia x in this tank because it hurts the sun corals.

The berghias are reproducing though, there are several egg spirals… I’m hoping maybe when there are more of them they’ll be better able to surround the aiptasia and eat them up. I hope so, the tank’s definitely going through a rough patch right now.

7B474D0A-6106-4A2E-ACB1-88549B6EDA89.thumb.jpeg.f85675a2267410f4d10f2a5c37447607.jpeg

I find that they tend to be active at night when the lights are out.  They'll usually eat them in groups and then hide in the rocks during the day.  Over a few weeks the Aiptasia just slowly decline in numbers. 

My Zoas look just as covered as yours right now.  I'm just waiting for the Berghia to come back in stock. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, banasophia said:

On no!  I hope they get their act together!!!  I've no experience with them, but I've heard of success stories.  Maybe they aren't hungry yet.  Or maybe they've found some hidden aptasia they've been munching on and just haven't gotten to the most important section yet!!!!

• Like 1

A couple shots of Finnick my captive bred biota mandarin tonight, and rare glimpses of Jack my blue neon goby who usually hides in his little spot in back. First two pics are with my yellow clip on lens, second two with the orange one. You can see the candy cane is missing… took it out and fragged the parts with no aiptasia… hoping to nurse it back to health in my other tank and return it once the aiptasia are under control in here. 

7E0A3383-A447-4C19-9BF8-4D0EC1EDD042.thumb.jpeg.b769ed80b4630125283c1d8af2f6f09d.jpeg

B8B6A5C8-DE2A-4509-B82F-9B506448980D.thumb.jpeg.27536e714f77cbe21ac09f3d42c6dcd5.jpeg

0353A1E1-3185-4861-925C-D919F2902627.thumb.jpeg.c64a50dcd9b1d2894ea046b652f19de2.jpeg

87991182-E90F-4566-81C3-821070336C84.thumb.jpeg.8081f1bd8fb63baffc8fa3b72628fd21.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gena said:

What are those two aliens, on the back wall, called again???  Is that where they hang out all the time?

Do you mean the sun corals? They are all over my tank now because my suns used to spawn all the time when I fed them more. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, banasophia said:

Do you mean the sun corals? They are all over my tank now because my suns used to spawn all the time when I fed them more. 

Is that what they are???  Did you glue them up there?  I thought they were a type of anemone.  Very cool!!!!

• Like 1