ReefCleaners.org

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

For anyone interested, here’s a little before and after editing, so you can see the difference. I choose a pic where I like the composition and the fish are in focus. I loved this shot when I took it a few weeks ago, but the exposure was not quite right and there were lots of bubble trails in the shot. So much faster to clean up pics using Snapseed than the previous app. Still getting the hang of editing with this app, but it’s fun to use.

One thing I don’t like is that the pics look a lot more orange in here than I think they will from the image in the app… need to remember that and dial it back just a touch. Also think it could be due to image compression… I really want the colors to look the way they do in person and the edited pic is closer than the original, but I overshot it a bit. 

C0C8C8A8-0850-42FD-B61F-65EF55F72D0D.thumb.jpeg.0e060aa586f0edf5ef1d9387714d9d62.jpeg

57366B4A-998B-4DC5-B65A-D18AA6EC9E03.thumb.jpeg.7d1fc6d5ac215bd2bb3906bfc51b5062.jpeg

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Would either Shredder or the bristleworms be at risk?

One or the other haha… interestingly the fish often sleep in the cave with the bristleworms 😖😖😖

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Wow, now thats an advert for a softie only tank right here, great picture 

Thanks! Funny you say that because I was thinking how it could just be sinularia and Kenya tree in the tank and Hank would be perfectly happy. He does love the candy cane too though. 

• Like 3
On 12/23/2021 at 4:43 PM, PeterU said:

I'm assuming the clown is Karen. Looks like she's mad at Hank for no real reason. 😂

Hey!! That was uncalled for haha. No more Karen jokes or this Karen will have to complain to the manager! 😆😆😆

On 12/24/2021 at 1:15 AM, seabass said:

First Clown to Blink Loses.

Hehe. Good one! It made me think of Steve Martin and Tina Fey in Baby Mama - “five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact.”

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Good morning, Hank.

Good morning, now good evening! Gettin ready for some water changes.

Got a guy coming by to pick up my kiddos Fluval Flex 9 freshwater tank any minute. She hasn’t been keeping it up lately so we rehomed the fish last weekend and a guy that came to deliver our new dishwasher the other day really wanted the tank, so it was perfect.

I was kinda hoping the guy would back out after I got it all cleaned up this afternoon cuz I started thinking it would be pretty cool to try to do a freshwater tank, but it’s just as well… already have too many tanks to deal with. 

• Like 6

Well the guy picked up the tank and he’s gonna try to set up the Fluval Flex as a saltwater tank… I loaded him up with all kinds of supplies and info… will be interesting to see how it turns out! 

• Like 3

In case you forgot what Hank looks like hehe

43FC06A9-BE1E-46C6-97C4-F940C700D632.thumb.jpeg.d9c0a47a9c6bc600c401e71300ac4a14.jpeg

Basically the rest of the tank looks pretty boring and bad at this point, but at least I have my sweet lil YCG to focus on.

I did do some work on the tank tonight… it has been so neglected. I scraped the glass and fragged two of the gorgonians which had really overgrown and blocked the flow and light to other corals… it looks like one was blocking the light to another gorgonian… I may have lost the one that was totally shaded. 🙁

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Oh man… guess what my phosphate level was when I checked it Saturday… 3.6 😳 Using some Phosphate RX daily to get it back down into an acceptable range. 

• Wow 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, DevilDuck said:

I love Hank and his leather coral tree! 

Doesn't look like your tank is suffering at all from the high Phosphate, probably no rush to lower it.

Thank you! The candy cane isn’t happy, but I’m not sure it’s the phosphate… they have been doing poorly in all three tanks… too busy to figure it out for sure, but gonna try Reef Crystals instead of Red Sea Coral Pro this time. 

And check out what my clownfish just started doing after four years:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, banasophia said:

Replaced the return pump last night. Sicce 0.5, same as before.

Is this the Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5?  Did you have to modify chamber 3 to fit the return?  I was trying to upgrade the return pump in my Biocube 14 and the pump doesn't fit.  I am wondering if I need to remove the divider where the sponge is located.

• Like 1