SaltCritters.com

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

17 hours ago, sadie said:

is he a clown goby? 

7 hours ago, A.m.P said:

Okinawa clown goby I think. For whatever reason they can live a very, very long time sometimes. Sometimes they don't, I have no idea what makes the difference lol.

Yes, I think in the US we usually call them yellow clown gobies, but the scientific name is Gobiodon okinawae and they’re also called Okinawa gobies… on my Instagram, people that comment on his pics from other countries often call him a “gobiodon.”

I’m a bit worried about the stress of this move for him… I sure hope he does okay.

• Like 2

I popped by my LFS today and saw my rock and corals and rockflower nem from my Biocube in one of their tanks… I was okay with that, but when my friend there said they sold my clownfish today it made me really sad. My standard ocellaris clownfish pair were my first saltwater fish… I had them 4 1/2 years… I probably have hundreds of photos of them. I hope the person that got my fish gives it a good safe home. 

One of my favorite shots of my tank, from 3 years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a day. I broke down my Evo 5 and took my corals, crabs, snails and my beloved original clownfish to my LFS to be rehomed. It was quite possibly 5 years to the day since I bought this clownfish and its mate for my Biocube 16, which was already rehomed when the two fish had to be separated after becoming aggressive and territorial toward each other. They were my first saltwater fish, and I got them from the very same LFS I returned it to today.

I loved this little guy so much and it hosted the torch coral in the tank which was so fun to see, but of course the 5 gallon tank was way too small for it, so it was time to let go. I hope he goes to a good new home. One of the LFS staff was saying he was hoping to get a frag of my torch I brought in, so I was encouraging him to consider the fish as well since it’s nice to have a fish that hosts a coral. 🤞🤞🤞

D74FE470-F46F-419F-B297-5BE7BF46CDCB.thumb.jpeg.a969a95a676887a3add41959e0615843.jpeg

490AC66D-25AB-4D47-8D64-EBC69DB286F5.thumb.jpeg.860a72c07c49a0900976b5a33d4a1b42.jpeg

• Sad 2

It was especially hard to part with my clownfish, but also okay because I have something new I wanted to free up the mental energy for:

93659D8E-2223-45D4-8814-494823122E9A.thumb.jpeg.6d13caedd35b3ae79b9f4ffebb071b3f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1