Jump to content
metrokat

MetroKat's Reefer: Need About Tree Fiddy

Recommended Posts

metrokat
30 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

What type of wrasse? 😊

Carpenters flasher wrasse. Not as striking in color form as the McCoskers but still pretty. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat

They're giving away a Red Sea Reefer at Marine Depot currently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
William
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

They're giving away a Red Sea Reefer at Marine Depot currently.

I entered 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny

cats-in-snow-hero.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mkus

Nice tank my friend has over 1000 gals of tanks in his house largest is 320 but he works at a shop and had setup this same tank for a customer 1 year ago and she just got out of the hobby!

Well long story short she gave him the whole setup mp's skimmer all coral and fish! over $5000.00 I could not believe it she took his old wood stove in trade her idea!

beautiful tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
William

How are you liking your skimmer

Share this post


Link to post
JavaJacketOC
On 1/11/2019 at 7:29 AM, metrokat said:

Carpenters flasher wrasse. Not as striking in color form as the McCoskers but still pretty. 

 

How are you liking the Carpenters?

 

I've had both, Carpenters tend to live longer for me. I almost bought a McCoskers but it was only about 2/3 the size of my Carpenters and I was worried about fighting

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat
2 hours ago, JavaJacketOC said:

 

How are you liking the Carpenters?

 

I've had both, Carpenters tend to live longer for me. I almost bought a McCoskers but it was only about 2/3 the size of my Carpenters and I was worried about fighting

He's active, doesn't flash as much as my McCoskers used to which isn't bad, means he is less stressed. He is mostly red and I don't have a red fish so he looks good. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat

Happy Valentine's Day y'all 😍

 

This is my 2nd year as a speaker at FFM. Anybody attending?

My topic is moving/upgrading and the disasters that happened to me and how to be prepared.

I'm confident that there are many more things one should be prepared for but unfortunately you're not till it happens to you.

 

I'd love your input on that - have you moved or upgraded a tank? What worked for you? What did not?

What do you wish you had known or anticipated or prepared for before you did the move?

 

Thank you

2112342111_ScreenShot2019-02-14at2_06_57PM.thumb.png.81f1b886031816ed683a6ce46cf23b75.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

This is my 2nd year as a speaker at FFM. Anybody attending?

My topic is moving/upgrading and the disasters that happened to me and how to be prepared.

I'm confident that there are many more things one should be prepared for but unfortunately you're not till it happens to you.

That's awesome @metrokat, this is such an important topic to cover, something almost all hobbyists will face at one point or another. Your use of a canister filter with biological media in advance of a tank move has always stuck with me as a great solution and safety net. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat
12 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's awesome @metrokat, this is such an important topic to cover, something almost all hobbyists will face at one point or another. Your use of a canister filter with biological media in advance of a tank move has always stuck with me as a great solution and safety net. 👍

The canister filter is the central point of my presentation - so much is all about the biological filtration whether setting up a new tank or moving/upgrading an existing one.

 

When I moved to my current apartment in May of last year - I had originally asked for a 10 day extension on my previous apartment lease so that with a 10 day over lap - I could move my tank inhabitants to my new tank. Then I thought - what if the tank delivery doesn't come on time or worse, it's leaking. So I changed my plan to have a 40B holding tank instead. 

 

Well! The tank arrived late and it arrived completely smashed - so that was good thinking. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm actually going this year. This is my first year so I can't wait. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm actually going this year. This is my first year so I can't wait. 

Ya? Awesome - please come to my presentation, I'd love to chat after to see what you thought.

 

Do you use Reef Nutrition? I'm taking pre-orders for the show - show special 10% off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, metrokat said:

Ya? Awesome - please come to my presentation, I'd love to chat after to see what you thought.

 

Do you use Reef Nutrition? I'm taking pre-orders for the show - show special 10% off.

I'm hoping I'll be able to see it. That's a topic that I'm really curious about. I can't wait to actually meet someone from here as well :smilie:

I don't, not even sure what it is lol. I just use some reef roids every couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat

Calleigh is recovering a 2nd time from an infection of some sort. She goes for an ultrasound on Saturday and I hope we can find out what could be going on even though currently her symptoms have subsided. Suspecting FLUTD which is supposed to be common in cats but in her case gets exasperated due to other issues. She busted my lip open 2 nights ago. She can be a butt. So I ignored her all day and she was all kisses and cuteness. ARGH. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Congratulations on being asked to talk again. I am sure you will be great! Is someone going to tape the entire presentation for those of us who can't make it? I hope you get answers for Calleigh and she is OK. Paws crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat

Feels good to be painting again. I've missed it. IMG_20190308_075013.thumb.jpg.62f4238fe0e100e11f551c72afdf1453.jpg

 

  • Like 6
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

I think your Instagram showed a big cooler after FFM. Let’s see ‘em goodies. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
DaveFason

We need a real update. Less cat photos. 😛

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mkus

I went I always go it was a great time did not know you were speaking I know Jen from Colchester pet shop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
hypostatic

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII   🙋‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
William

She has gone fresh..... 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
HarryPotter

Is there still a reef tank? 

Share this post


Link to post
William
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Is there still a reef tank? 

From her instagram it seems like she still has her reefer 350

Share this post


Link to post
Arkayology

You don't post much here anymore Kat?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...