Pod Your Reef

Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

Daaaang,heck yeah bud !!! What all did you get ? 

16 emerald crabs,

100 blue leg hermits

100 Astrea snails

6 scarlet reef hermits

12 Ceriths

12 Nerites

And my buddy got a flower anemone with a spotted shrimp (periclimenes) 

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

16 emerald crabs,

100 blue leg hermits

100 Astrea snails

6 scarlet reef hermits

12 Ceriths

12 Nerites

And my buddy got a flower anemone with a spotted shrimp (periclimenes) 

16 emerald crabs?! jeeeeez lol

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Sheesh lol thats a restock for sure. 

2 hours ago, schg said:

16 emerald crabs?! jeeeeez lol

Across 4 tanks

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Ahhh that makes more sense lol. 

Yes it does lol. I was thinking this was just going in the 80 gallon, which I suppose isn't all that outrageous either way, but still funny to me.

@YHSublime where did you order from? I was going to put an order into the tried and true Reef Cleaners, but wondering if you have another cheap source.

9 hours ago, schg said:

Yes it does lol. I was thinking this was just going in the 80 gallon, which I suppose isn't all that outrageous either way, but still funny to me.

@YHSublime where did you order from? I was going to put an order into the tried and true Reef Cleaners, but wondering if you have another cheap source.

I’ve started using Reeftopia, the shipping is better, at least with the amount I was spending every 6 months or so.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Wait,did you upgrade to AI's or did I miss something ? 

This is an 80 gallon. The Mr. Aqua had corals growing up the sides and almost out of the water. I was able to fill an 80 with just moving the 22 over!

The lights are NooPsyche, I have yet to hook them up, I need to work some serious cord management first. Just rolling with the T5's for now. 

• Like 2

I didn't even catch that lol. Which version of Noop's are they ? From what I have seen they are suuuuper nice and incredibly affordable lights. 

2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I didn't even catch that lol. Which version of Noop's are they ? From what I have seen they are suuuuper nice and incredibly affordable lights. 

The newest I believe, k7 v3. They gave me 2, and I bought a third one, to be completely candid. I haven't even turned them on yet, and have just been using the T5's. I'm running out of plugs with 3 tanks running in the same room, so need to get two tanks broken down, or at least one, before I start programing them. I've tested them with an empty tank and just saltwater, par is good, color looks nice. Price is right. 

• Like 1

Ahhh okay,I was trying to talk to them and see if I could get a K7 Nano for a review since its not really out there like that but I got no repsonse on R2R.

This new tank will be absolutely amazing. So is your 22g shut down yet or no ? My question is,what are you gonna do with those leds from the 22g lol ? 

15 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

This new tank will be absolutely amazing. So is your 22g shut down yet or no ? My question is,what are you gonna do with those leds from the 22g lol ? 

Thanks. The 22g is rocking as usual, but with a bunch of shelf rock/rubble rock I'm cycling to move over. 

I've kept everything on it, from the ato, to the MP10's & doser, lights etc. (although I'm not running the T5's anymore, too much heat!)  

I have a list of folks who have asked me to let them know if I ever sell this tank. I have a friend I might give it to. 

If I end up selling the tank, I'll just do it as a package, and if that doesn't move, part everything out and keep the lights as backup. 

Oh nice,I will be super sad when that tank gets torn down lol. 

Gotcha,sounds good. Well I might be interested in the ATO if you part everything out,as I just got a TON of my led supplies back that I sold lol. 

On another not I am super excited for the new build. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

YHSublime's Not-So-Nano-Office-Peninsula.

Hello Nano Reefers! I suppose it's about time I clue you all in on what has been going on over here. Over time, my nano became so freaking packed with corals, that things were starting to encrust up the side walls. Also, my ESV consumption on the tank just became ridiculous. There wasn't enough space under the stand to hide all the equipment that slowly started being required to maintain a primarily SPS dominated nano, and it became clear that I needed more space. 

In hindsight, after a solid cleaning (and breaking down the 22) I probably could have kept plugging away for another year or so until I wound back up in the same position. It still would have been easier than setting up a whole new tank, but I've never been one to make things easy. 

The new rig is a Deep Blue 80 gallon rimless. The lights are Aquatic Hybrid T5's and x3 K7v3 from Noopsyche. 

The sump is a Triton, but will be getting swapped out soon.

Flow is x2 MP40's

Skimmer is the same Reef Octopus 110 INT from the nano

Finnex Titanium Heater

I am currently dosing by hand.

I'm actually doing quite a bit of manual work as I organize how I want things to be setup, and work on cord management.

The table top was built by the same person who built the stand for my nano, and the frame is steel. Will be getting a veneer cover to slide over the frame. A shorter sump will present the opportunity to put a control box in the front of the stand. 

I think in a weird way I am still grieving the nano, but excited to watch my corals stretch their legs now, and possibly grow my fish count. 

Anyways, stay tuned!

DSC_0818.thumb.jpg.2285ee22bc66e3b4007a7d15fa29e0b1.jpg

DSC_0814-2.thumb.jpg.fbaf5114d0325989754713ed398e180c.jpg

DSC_0794.thumb.jpg.f6f3790fb107a26d3d2cee39fc8b3031.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
Just now, Reefkid88 said:

Whew I just had to wipe so much drool away !!! Looking down right amazing bud. 

I appreciate it. It's essentially the same pair of shoes, just a couple sizes bigger. 

Hahaha that is one way to look at it I guess lol. This tank will be no less amazing than the nano. Which was probably one of my favorite tanks here,no doubt. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, YHSublime said:

These might seem like a lot of the same photos again to folks, but I wanted to capture what the tank looked like in the AM with just the T5 bulbs going. These are 100% edited to show you what I see IRL under 100% blues. The colors are so striking, and it really does take about an hour for the bulbs to warm up into the groove. Once the LED's pop in, they are set to be very white heavy, so it balances everything out during the day. I can 100% say that the addition of T5's has accelerated SPS colors to a whole new level.

I was just re-reading through this to see what you were doing for bulbs, and its kind of the opposite of what I've seen most people do (more white bulbs with the LEDs more blue).

What bulbs are/were you running?

• Like 1