SaltCritters.com

Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

• 3 weeks later...

Took some Par readings recently, I guess it's useful information to have 🙂

Here is some information on my lights:

- Custom built w/ 87 3w Cree LED's. 29 of them in each group and 3 groups. Every color is on a dimmer, and only the neutral white and royal blue will go up to 1000mA.  The rest peak at 750mA even at full power. 

- There is an AquaticLife T5 fixture that sits on top which I added about 2-3 months ago. Each bulb was replaced (4 total) with ATI Blue + 

You can see the video here of when I was just setting them up July/2018 when I was swapping from a 4 bulb ATI fixture. 

Just with my LED's at almost max intensity: 

51847446232_357d12c72b_o.jpg

With the LED's almost at max intensity and the x4 T5 bulbs all turned on (x4 Blue +)

51848489288_4dc3041e30_o.jpg

Here are just my LED's at 75% intensity (how I run them when they are on)

51848432541_76a55dd957_o.jpg

Here are my LED's at 75% intensity with the x4 Blue + T5 bulbs

51848437631_c30f659c8c_o.jpg

And here is my frag tank W/ just an AI Prime 16HD

51848503548_0f004ecc23_o.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 4
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Man, those are some big numbers lol... 

Right! Normally 3rd photo in is how the tank normally runs, but the power is there....

• Like 1

Hot damn,those are some great numbers man. Everything looks so great,that blue (tort ?) Looks INCREDIBLE and so does that clam. 

It may be time to set a pico up again,my oldest is showing interest in tabks lol. Thankfully I kept my old little aio pico I built but never used 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hot damn,those are some great numbers man. Everything looks so great,that blue (tort ?) Looks INCREDIBLE and so does that clam. 

It may be time to set a pico up again,my oldest is showing interest in tabks lol. Thankfully I kept my old little aio pico I built but never used 🤔

Thanks! That’s a Cali tort in the center, and an Orgeon Tort on the tip of the ledge. The clam came from a Pacific East Aquaculture over a Cyber Monday sale!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Glad you’re updating more frequently again. I remember you were having some troubles with setting up a bigger tank, etc and took some time off a bit there. 
the current status looks great 👍!

Yeah, that was a rough patch! I lost thousands of dollars in angelfish, and some giant colonies of SPS all before my first vacation in years. Then while I was on vacation, I blew a flat tire on the way back home. Came back to the the realization my house/dog/tank sitter had poured tap water into my ATO despite the RO water I left out which had completely demolished most of my SPS, and one of my English Bulldogs had a tennis ball sized lump on his throat. It was like a country song, I'm surprised my GF didn't leave me! 

I kept the tank running at a bare minimum while I contemplated what I was going to do, and then committed to doing steady water changes, cleaning out the dead skeletons, being more present, etc, and now I'm even adding again. There's still problems, but they are a lot easier than tanking water quality over 14 days! 

And thank you, I'm very happy with what I was able to get it back to! 

• Like 4

Oh no….sorry to hear about your lost on your fishes and corals. I’ll follow along with your update. I’m sure it will be a strong return and even better tank than before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

@YHSublime Our photo system changed a little here, but it shouldn't compress images so harshly anymore.

Upload photos directly though our post editor, or if you're using Flickr, you can paste the Flickr share link here, and it should automatically embed the photos. Direct upload is best though, since I can ensure they'll always display here in the future.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

@YHSublime Our photo system changed a little here, but it shouldn't compress images so harshly anymore.

Upload photos directly though our post editor, or if you're using Flickr, you can paste the Flickr share link here, and it should automatically embed the photos. Direct upload is best though, since I can ensure they'll always display here in the future.

Roger that. Yeah, already been through the Photobucket fiasco, what a mess that was! I am using Flickr, but I can do it other ways! 

DSC_0946.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

• Like 4
On 1/29/2022 at 2:43 AM, Eljay said:

The clam 😊

Sorry I missed your post earlier! This Maxima is, you guessed it, happy as a clam! The Alternative Reef made the clam holder which I've held onto for like 7 years. This little bitty boi was able to get the mantle attached in a matter of minutes, and now I can comfortably move it around without having to worry about tearing anything. 

From the side, it looks silver, but from the top, it looks gold/red/yellow, and black. 

• Like 2
On 1/29/2022 at 10:36 PM, balaboo said:

Oh no….sorry to hear about your lost on your fishes and corals. I’ll follow along with your update. I’m sure it will be a strong return and even better tank than before.

Thanks, Balaboo! It's slowly shaping up to some of it's former glory, as well as I've been able to 'clean' it up a bit in the process. It's still very tightly packed with corals, but now it's thinned to corals that I know I want to grow long term vs. I'll figure out what to do with them when they get to big. A lot of them are corals now that are particularly bullet proof from bouts of neglect or negligence on my part. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...