ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

fishfreak0114

I usually just wipe my hands on my clothes and plan to put something dry on after the water change :unsure: Perhaps an apron is a good idea

• Like 3

Has anyone else had a problem with there light?

Last night mine started making a high pitch noise I turned it on and off and was just fine.

My wife said it did that again and shut itself off.

So who knows what's wrong with it. I hope it's just a fluke.

3 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Last night mine started making a high pitch noise I turned it on and off and was just fine.

I have not noticed any sound... that's probably not a good thing...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Addinali said:

Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound like a fluke. Did you get any saltwater into the electrical? :(   

On 5/19/2017 at 7:36 PM, Type-H20 said:

I think it would be cool if the contest tanks were sticky'd at the top of the tank journal page for the duration of the contest (was this said already & I'm late to the party?)

You are late to the party. Please feel free to join in as a pseudo contestant. We have several of those too! :D 

Seriously, the code for the tank bundle should still work, join in the fun, we love pretend contestants just as much. :flower:

On 5/21/2017 at 2:19 PM, Pjanssen said:

Does clean up crew count towards livestock budget limit?

Yep. All livestock is part of the $500 budget. 

18 minutes ago, Addinali said:

That doesn't sound good. Please contact Ike if you need troubleshooting or replacement. PM me if I can help in any way.

• Like 4
sabrefencer

The only issue I'm having so far with the light is it gets fairly hot - not sure the heat sink is working all that well but I will check it later. This is after a few hours on.  Haven't heard any high pitched sound but yes contact current USA 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

You are late to the party. Please feel free to join in as a pseudo contestant. We have several of those too! :D 

Seriously, the code for the tank bundle should still work, join in the fun, we love pretend contestants just as much. :flower:

Yep. All livestock is part of the $500 budget. 

That doesn't sound good. Please contact Ike if you need troubleshooting or replacement. PM me if I can help in any way.

Ok I got home I'm pretty sure it was the power brick. It wasn't in the most ventilated spot so its ventilated now we will see if the sound comes back.

If so Ill send a email to Ike

• Like 1
sabrefencer

Ike got back to me fairly quickly 

the light will cut off if it gets too hot - so that's good to know - not sure what PS1 is yet since I haven't read the manual but if at 100 percent could explain why it was hot to the touch. Ike explained that in order to be IP65 rated it couldn't be actively cooled -

Anyway off to the gym my baseball game got cancelled :( 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Does anyone know if you can somehow adjust the level of water in the display tank? It's coming up above the screen clips and causing it to drip out.

less surface agitation? my 25 does that. i had to angle the return differently.

24 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

less surface agitation? my 25 does that. i had to angle the return differently.

Do you think that's my only option? I'm using the rotating spin stream which I think the gorgonian really like. There is no way to adjust the water level all together in the display

16 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Do you think that's my only option? I'm using the rotating spin stream which I think the gorgonian really like. There is no way to adjust the water level all together in the display

I found three things were causing it in the 85: 

1. the return was hitting the current from the MP10 in some modes and was causing a ripple next to the clip which allowed enough water to become trapped between the two and come over the side

2. stupid nerite snails sat in front of the clip and the same thing happened

3. condensation, but it stopped when I changed the flow and the nerites only occassionally hang out there.

Note that I only said "clip"  only one of mine had this going on which is what led me to the conclusion of flow being the primary issue.  Is yours just one/two or all 4?  Because if its only one or two that are on the same side as the return, then the flow is my bet.

• Like 1

I found this on orbit marine's site. Don't know really how to read it as those ranges are kinda crazy but here is some info 

IMG_3102.PNG

• Like 4

Wow! Just want to give a big shout out and thank you to @StevieT from InTank. Fastest confirmation of order shipped in the history of online ordering! 15 minutes after I placed the order it was boxed up and shipped. Thanks again

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Fastest confirmation of order shipped in the history

Awesome, Shipping Jeff is on his game today paying attention to new packing slips in his station.  After we get all the orders out from the evening and morning it's pretty easy to get an order out right away when placed in the afternoon.  Thanks.

• Like 7
On 5/23/2017 at 6:57 PM, Pjanssen said:

Does anyone know if you can somehow adjust the level of water in the display tank? It's coming up above the screen clips and causing it to drip out.

Can you drill a small hole on the bottom of the elbow on the return outlet so that pressure is relief and less pump output or drill the hole on the bottom of the adapter/return nozzle so some water will squirt downward right near the back wall thus lowering output of pump to tank. Hope this help

19 hours ago, luu78 said:

Can you drill a small hole on the bottom of the elbow on the return outlet so that pressure is relief and less pump output or drill the hole on the bottom of the adapter/return nozzle so some water will squirt downward right near the back wall thus lowering output of pump to tank. Hope this help

Actually, just changing out the filter floss solved the problem. I guess it was a little clogged causing an overflow in the back chambers. Who knew!  Automatic maintenance reminder ?

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, HouseOf1000Corals said:

Hair algae or something worse? 

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

Is it stringy? It looks leafy. If it's stringy then probably hair algae. If leafy, keep it! 

Coral_chef
12 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Is it stringy? It looks leafy. If it's stringy then probably hair algae. If leafy, keep it! 

It's hard to tell it's maybe the size of a pencil eraser right now, it's growing on the glass.

oh and all those white dots are copepods!! 

The cheato we got for our chamber two refugium is loaded with them,

kinda debating a madarin again :o 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

It's hard to tell it's maybe the size of a pencil eraser right now, it's growing on the glass.

oh and all those white dots are copepods!! 

The cheato we got for our chamber two refugium is loaded with them,

kinda debating a madarin again :o 

A mandarin will clear those out in probably less than two days. Mine I bought eating frozen and I still spend $80 a month buying pods to keep it happy. And my tank is 55 gallons with a fuge- 

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic