Top Shelf Aquatics

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

3 minutes ago, vlangel said:

It's Wednesday teeny, new ponies should arrive today!

It's tomorrow Nick, they should be here in a few hours!

I will take pics as soon as I can. :-)

You Better!  I'm talking to you Dawn! :P :lol:

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Mariaface said:

Our office moved four years ago and they're still using the surge protectors they used when they moved into the old place... I've been discreetly disposing of old ones and getting Supplies to buy new ones :P

Power strips go bad?:huh:

• Like 2
On 4/12/2017 at 4:12 AM, Astinus said:

You Better!  I'm talking to you Dawn! :P :lol:

I hear ya Astinus, I got your pics!  I am so sorry Wednesdays are always crazy busy for me and taking care of the new ponies on top of everything else slowed me down.

20170413_092706_zpsfr9inxja.jpg~original

On 4/12/2017 at 4:55 AM, debbeach13 said:

Fingers crossed that the ponies have a safe trip.

The ponies arrived safe and this pair seem more relaxed than Boaz and Ruth did when they arrived.  The little boy has already sampled some frozen mysis and the little girl is very interested but still cautious.

• Like 9
23 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

It's like waiting for a baby to be born. Come on already!

O my goodness, you guys are making me feel so guilty for making you wait a whole day before I posted the pics!

20 hours ago, gena said:

Sounds like everything is going really well in here!!!!  The pictures/videos are beautiful as always.  And new ponies today???? omgomgomg

Yes, new ponies have arrived and they are gourgeous,

• Like 3
3 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

New ponies?

Yes they are here Nick!  Everything is going well with them.  I am slow to get pics of my new guys because I am dealing with 'something' with Ruth.  I don't have a clue what is wrong with her but she is acting strange, lethargic.  Her skin looks good, but she is not eating well but she is still eating when I feed her by hand.  I am torn whether to remove her into a hospital tank but I don't have a clue what to treat her with.  I am afraid without Eve's support she will quit eating altogether.  So I am just doing extra WCs.  I was so excited for all 4 ponies to be together and so this is hard.  I only just happened this week.

RIP Sebastian
7 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Yes they are here Nick!  Everything is going well with them.  I am slow to get pics of my new guys because I am dealing with 'something' with Ruth.  I don't have a clue what is wrong with her but she is acting strange, lethargic.  Her skin looks good, but she is not eating well but she is still eating when I feed her by hand.  I am torn whether to remove her into a hospital tank but I don't have a clue what to treat her with.  I am afraid without Eve's support she will quit eating altogether.  So I am just doing extra WCs.  I was so excited for all 4 ponies to be together and so this is hard.  I only just happened this week.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure you're stressed out trying to figure out what's going. 

For what it's worth, I'd do the same thing in your shoes, keep her in there where you believe she'll eat better and increase WC's. 

Really hope she pulls out of it soon. 

LOVE the new Ponies!!!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that.

Yes, its a bummer and putting a bit of a damper on my excitement for the new pair.

2 hours ago, Astinus said:

Damn Dawn!  Hope she pulls out of that funk.

The New Ponies are Cute!!  They do look pretty relaxed in that Pic :):wub:

I hope so too.  

The new ponies are adorable and I hope to getting them eating frozen mysis in no time.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure you're stressed out trying to figure out what's going. 

For what it's worth, I'd do the same thing in your shoes, keep her in there where you believe she'll eat better and increase WC's. 

Really hope she pulls out of it soon. 

LOVE the new Ponies!!!!

Yes, just getting new ponies and enticing them into eating can be stressful in it itself without the the added stress of a 'loved' pony going off its feed and not acting right.  I am going with my gut feeling but I am really not experienced enough for that to be reliable.  I always have hope however if they are eating at all.

The new pair are so sweet.  I love it that they both have some cirri, (filimentous tissue that branches off their bodies) even though most erectus lose it as they mature.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Those little ponies are totally adorable!!! :wub: I hope Ruth feels better soon. 

I think so too, fishfreak.  I am gonna do my best for Ruth.

On 4/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, debbeach13 said:

Sorry to read about Ruth. I have no doubt she is in good hands and that her human mom is taking care of her. Glad to see the new ponies arrived safe and are adjusting well.

Ruth is no better so I have moved her to a HT and am treating with Furan 2.  I still do not know what is wrong with her but if I do not do something I am going to lose her for sure.  Furan 2 will treat most types of bacterial issues and that is the most common seahorse malady.

I moved the new ponies into the main tank because I needed the QT as a HT.  They are eating great and when they see Eve I think they will follow her lead.  Lets hope it all works out.

• Like 1