Cultivated Reef

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

9 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Oh No! I'm so sorry to hear that.

Ruth is hanging in there.  I am hoping to entice her into eating a little mysis.  If not I will add some amphipods to her hospital tank.

8 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

fingerscrossed finger crossed she gets better!  If anyone can help her back to health, it's you! :flower:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I appreciate it.

• Like 2

Sorry I have not got any more pics of the new ponies.  There has been much to do with Eastet weekend, doctoring Ruth and making sure my new ponies are eating.  Maybe tomorrow or Monday.  In the meantime I think I have come up with names.  In following with the Bible names, I am thinking of Samson and Delilah.  The little girl is exotic looking with the cirri and the little boy has strong bold markings.  Samson seemed like a bit of a playboy from the Bible account and my little boy has already cozied up to both females, ha ha!

• Like 7

It's funny that u are thinking of "Samson and Delilah".  Shar and I are currently watching the Bible Mini Series we bought

on DVD.

• Like 1
On 4/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, Astinus said:

It's funny that u are thinking of "Samson and Delilah".  Shar and I are currently watching the Bible Mini Series we bought

on DVD.

I very much enjoyed the Bible mini series last year.  The Bible is full of true life drama.  I guess that is because it is about humans and we are all about being dramatic, ha ha! Praise God for Jesus!

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian
Just now, vlangel said:

I very much enjoyed the Bible mini series last year.  The Bible is full of true life drama.  I guess that is because it is about humans and we are all about being dramatic, ha ha! Praise God for Jesus!

Happy Easter, Dawn!

• Like 1
On 4/15/2017 at 3:03 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

That means the music you put in the background of the next video has to be the "Bacchanal from Samson and Delilah"!

I will have to listen to that, I am not familiar with it.  Is it a classical piece?

Just now, RIP Sebastian said:

Happy Easter, Dawn!

Happy Easter to you as well Nick!

RIP Sebastian
Just now, vlangel said:

I will have to listen to that, I am not familiar with it.  Is it a classical piece?

Sure is! My sister played it several times with the Youth Symphony.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I hope Ruth is better so you can have a happy Easter! The new ponies are super cute :)

I can not be sure but Dave and I both thought Ruth was just a tiny bit improve.  She is eating, not well but enough to keep all her systems moving so I still have hope.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Sure is! My sister played it several times with the Youth Symphony.

Wow Nick, that is perfect!  It definitely has that exotic middle east sound to it.  That will have to be a long video, ha ha!  I suppose I could shorten it a bit.

• Like 1

Ruth is definitely eating better and even moving around a little.  She still seems winded after exertion but definitely not as weak as she was 2 days ago.  I am beginning to feel cautiously optimistic!

• Like 8
RIP Sebastian
7 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ruth is definitely eating better and even moving around a little.  She still seems winded after exertion but definitely not as weak as she was 2 days ago.  I am beginning to feel cautiously optimistic!

YAY! I'm so happy to hear that. A video of the new ponies to celebrate, maybe? :lol:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

YAY! I'm so happy to hear that. A video of the new ponies to celebrate, maybe? :lol:

I will try to get a video.  I don't know how to add my own music to the backround, especially if I stop and start the video at different times.  Can I make the video and when its done add the music of my choice later?

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
4 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I will try to get a video.  I don't know how to add my own music to the backround, especially if I stop and start the video at different times.  Can I make the video and when its done add the music of my choice later?

Of course.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
4 minutes ago, vlangel said:

How do you do that...add the music later?

What software are you using? You don't have to use the music, either.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

What software are you using? You don't have to use the music, either.

I do everything from a samsung galaxy tablet.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:21 AM, Pjanssen said:

Just caught up. New ponies are beautiful. Hope Ruth continues to improve.

Ruth is continueing to improve.  She is eating normally, and moving around a bit.  The hospital tank is fairly empty so there is not not a lot to move to.  She does still breathe heavy after any exertion at all, even eating.  I will definitely do a round 2 of the Furan 2 unless someone on seahorse.com tells me otherwise.

Also I decided if what she has was bacterial in nature then I had better find and remedy the source.  Yesterday I did major husbandry on the sump by syphoning all the chambers.  That would be no big deal except for the fuge.  I have to relocate all the rocks and macros into a bucket of salt water before I can syphon the sand bed and scrape all the glass.  Its pretty clean now so the other ponies should be in good shape.  The new ponies love being in the display tank and adjusted beautifully.

• Like 5

Glad to read that Ruth is still getting better. If it is bacterial will you have to treat the display tank? Is it some thing you can see? I was wondering what is the normal life expectancy for sea horses in captivity?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ruth is continueing to improve.  She is eating normally, and moving around a bit.  The hospital tank is fairly empty so there is not not a lot to move to.  She does still breathe heavy after any exertion at all, even eating.  I will definitely do a round 2 of the Furan 2 unless someone on seahorse.com tells me otherwise.

Also I decided if what she has was bacterial in nature then I had better find and remedy the source.  Yesterday I did major husbandry on the sump by syphoning all the chambers.  That would be no big deal except for the fuge.  I have to relocate all the rocks and macros into a bucket of salt water before I can syphon the sand bed and scrape all the glass.  Its pretty clean now so the other ponies should be in good shape.  The new ponies love being in the display tank and adjusted beautifully.

Very happy to hear of continued improvements!!!

• Like 2