ReefCleaners.org

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

49 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I need to have a talk with the herd...someone keeps pooping in the food bowl.  Really!

lol Violet (my hedgehog) did that in her water bowl the other day.  Really Vi?  Gross!

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

lol Violet (my hedgehog) did that in her water bowl the other day.  Really Vi?  Gross!

Ha ha, my feelings exactly!  Maybe Violet should sit in when I have my little talk with the herd.  We gotta love em though even when they do gross things like that.  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, vlangel said:

I need to have a talk with the herd...someone keeps pooping in the food bowl.  Really!

It's little Sammy. Boys are gross after all ?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, stellablue said:

It's little Sammy. Boys are gross after all ?

Ha ha, that is so funny that you say that because I think it is him!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ha ha, that is so funny that you say that because I think it is him!

Oh this cracked me up! 

• Like 1
On 5/22/2017 at 9:33 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Hilarious!  Vi would probably just huff and show her quills! :lol:

I take it that she doesn't appreciate correction?

Well its not Ruth because I moved her into QT yesterday and the food bowl had poop in it again today.  Ruth is in QT while I observe a suspicious white place on her neck.  With her being a pinto it is difficult to know if its a normal white patch or a dangerous one.  I don't want to take a chance so she is in clean saltwater. She is depressed but still eating pretty well.  If her patch does not change or look worse in a week or so I will move her back.

14 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I take it that she doesn't appreciate correction?

Well its not Ruth because I moved her into QT yesterday and the food bowl had poop in it again today.  Ruth is in QT while I observe a suspicious white place on her neck.  With her being a pinto it is difficult to know if its a normal white patch or a dangerous one.  I don't want to take a chance so she is in clean saltwater. She is depressed but still eating pretty well.  If her patch does not change or look worse in a week or so I will move her back.

Vi likes things the way she likes them lol.  I let her roam around (supervised) a bit last night, and when I put her back, she sat and sulked for a while lol.  And I bought her some nice salmon cat treats and she refuses to touch them!  She's also about dug out the lining on her Petco tunnel that she loves to sleep in (the burrowing instinct is strong!) so I bought a replacement on Etsy.  We'll see how she feels about it lol.

Tonight I let her play and then picked her up and she pooped on me. :rolleyes: Thanks Violet!

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Vi likes things the way she likes them lol.  I let her roam around (supervised) a bit last night, and when I put her back, she sat and sulked for a while lol.  And I bought her some nice salmon cat treats and she refuses to touch them!  She's also about dug out the lining on her Petco tunnel that she loves to sleep in (the burrowing instinct is strong!) so I bought a replacement on Etsy.  We'll see how she feels about it lol.

Tonight I let her play and then picked her up and she pooped on me. :rolleyes: Thanks Violet!

Vi is very lucky to have someone who loves her so much and is willing to put up with her crap! Ha ha!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, vlangel said:

Vi is very lucky to have someone who loves her so much and is willing to put up with her crap! Ha ha!

I see what you did there! :lol:

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I see what you did there! :lol:

My attempt at being witty.  Sorry, that is as good as it gets!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

My attempt at being witty.  Sorry, that is as good as it gets!

No worries, I like bad puns!  See here:

:lol:

• Like 4

Its been a week or two since I updated.  In the bad news side of things the suspicious white place on the top of Ruth's neck is more than suspicious :-(

I have been actively treating her with triple sulfa for about 8 days but she does not seem to be responding.  When I given the triple sulfa 14 days, I will switch to erythomyicin or tetracycline.  I am pretty worried but she is still eating.

On the good news side of things the DT and other ponies are doing great.  This morning I took advantage of having what I term a modular reef, (one where coral colonies or grouping of colonies can easily be relocated without much disruption to the coral or tank stability) and dismantled some coral to get at detritus and bubble algae.  Without the services of an emerald crab, I am left to just periodically syphon out bubble algae.  It does not help that several of my trocus snails have shells adorned with lots of bubble algae.  I am sure they are sharing the wealth all through the tank, LOL.

I once again slightly changed the overall scape while I was at it and I am pleased with the results.  I now have some open space on the right side of the tank where I may try some zoas and acans for more color.  I would kind of like to have a sinularia finger coral again as i had a gourgeous one years ago.  When I get the glass cleaned I will take some pics and post them.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Its been a week or two since I updated.  In the bad news side of things the suspicious white place on the top of Ruth's neck is more than suspicious :-(

I have been actively treating her with triple sulfa for about 8 days but she does not seem to be responding.  When I given the triple sulfa 14 days, I will switch to erythomyicin or tetracycline.  I am pretty worried but she is still eating.

On the good news side of things the DT and other ponies are doing great.  This morning I took advantage of having what I term a modular reef, (one where coral colonies or grouping of colonies can easily be relocated without much disruption to the coral or tank stability) and dismantled some coral to get at detritus and bubble algae.  Without the services of an emerald crab, I am left to just periodically syphon out bubble algae.  It does not help that several of my trocus snails have shells adorned with lots of bubble algae.  I am sure they are sharing the wealth all through the tank, LOL.

I once again slightly changed the overall scape while I was at it and I am pleased with the results.  I now have some open space on the right side of the tank where I may try some zoas and acans for more color.  I would kind of like to have a sinularia finger coral again as i had a gourgeous one years ago.  When I get the glass cleaned I will take some pics and post them.

Sending good vibes to Ruth for a speedy recovery. ~~~~~~

• Like 1

Hope Ruth gets better soon!  I just bought a pretty green sinularia on ebay, can't wait till it comes! Even wiith shipping it wasn't that much more than a half-inch nub I saw in a local shop, and this one is a couple inches at least!

• Like 3