Pod Your Reef

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

On 3/31/2017 at 11:49 AM, Astinus said:

Hey Dawn, I know ur traveling, but, this may be up ur alley!

Oops, sorry Astinus, I had missed this with being on vacation and all.  I think I got a pm from her, though.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 3

Hey folks I am back from vacation.  We had a great time with the kids.

Just as we stepped off the plane in Pgh my sister texted that Eve hasn't been eating the last few days.  When I got home last night Eve looked good and certainly not skinny.  Ruth looked fine and the tank looked like it should after me being gone a week.  I am thinking that Eve has been hunting the live shrimp and filling up on them.  I did a WC first thing and will do another this morning.  I need to attend to some other maintenance and I will check out the parameters.  I will quit adding live shrimp and see if Eve goes back to eating her frozen mysis.  If she does I will order my new ponies.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Welcome home. Sounds like the tank and pony's at least did ok while you were gone.

Yes, it is always a relief to walk in the house and find that nothing heinous occurred in our absence.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @vlangel! I'm glad everything went well and you had a proper vacation, imagine the stress if you had left with two new ponies!

Thank you CM!  You are so right, I doubt I could have enjoyed myself worrying whether the new ponies were doing ok.  Now I am home and can get the new guys and they are only in my care.

3 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Yay!

:-)

2 hours ago, markalot said:

Glad to hear you're back ... well, sorry vacation is over. :)

Thanks Mark, it was a great vacation and we really enjoyed being with our children and grandson but it feels good being home too, so its all good.

• Like 3

Eve seems alert, strong and bright eyed so I really do not believe there is anything wrong with her.  I have not tried to feed them yet, I am going to let them get good and hungry before I give them their frozen mysis.

I did another WC and sucked the debris off the floor.  Also I am cleaning up the glass and the tank is beginning to look like it always does.  I had to do a WC on the shrimp tank too.  It was really dirty.

• Like 3

Hooray, Eve came running, (I mean swimming) to the food bowl as soon as she saw the feeding tube.  There is definitely nothing wrong with her appetite or anything else as far as I can tell.  Tomorrow I will be calling Seahorse Source to find out what ponies they have available. :-)

• Like 7
15 hours ago, vlangel said:

Yes, it is always a relief to walk in the house and find that nothing heinous occurred in our absence.

I know that feeling well! Is it bad that when I travel I'm motivated to get home as quick as possible more because I'm worried about the tanks than because I miss my family? :lol:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I know that feeling well! Is it bad that when I travel I'm motivated to get home as quick as possible more because I'm worried about the tanks than because I miss my family? :lol:

It is a fine line between being conscientious and taking good care of our aquatic pets and creatures and being obsessive about our tanks!

• Like 3

A new pair of seahorses will arrive on Wednesday.  They are from Seahorse Source and they will be yellow, at least when they leave the farm.  Seahorses can change so they may not stay yellow in my tank.  They will be male and female but with seahorses that can change too, ha ha!

• Like 9
On 2/25/2017 at 5:24 PM, jedimasterben said:

SO MUCH THIS. I have tried drilling this home at work, some of our computer labs are daisy chained together using 8-10 year old power strips.... but when it hits the fan, I'll be able to tell them I warned them :)

Our office moved four years ago and they're still using the surge protectors they used when they moved into the old place... I've been discreetly disposing of old ones and getting Supplies to buy new ones :P

• Like 3
On 4/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, teenyreef said:

Is it Wednesday yet? No? Oh.

Sigh...

It's Wednesday teeny, new ponies should arrive today!

17 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

New ponies tomorrow! omgomgomg

It's tomorrow Nick, they should be here in a few hours!

17 hours ago, Astinus said:

Pics!  I want Pics!

I will take pics as soon as I can. :-)

• Like 6