Coral Vue Hydros

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Had to go to the coast today to drop something off to a friend, so I swung by the LFS. I got a zoa frag, three loose mushrooms from their stock tanks, a fat-ass gorgonian, a strawberry crab, and three blue gudgeons. And this week i made sure they were in the bag lol.

And when I said the gorg is fat, I meant it. It is as thick as my fingers, and I don't have tiny fingers.

31456299900_c3ee9323a8_h.jpg

Mushies from last week.

30989326684_e8c121f821_h.jpg

31457158660_f75d77756b_h.jpg

New stuff.

31458071140_7ba55cff03_h.jpg

30990239414_feb8b91d6e_h.jpg

31683561182_4623b64f3c_h.jpg

31793134956_f53a5ead48_h.jpg

• Like 13

Look up Reefers Garage in Vista CA. Louis the owner is one of the coolest people in the hobby here. I know he sells online. His prices are great. He always has nice mushies.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Look up Reefers Garage in Vista CA. Louis the owner is one of the coolest people in the hobby here. I know he sells online. His prices are great. He always has nice mushies.

I only see SPS and LPS on the site. :/

jedimasterben

I'm legitimately starting to think that I will never be able to use a skimmer on this tank ever again. It's been overflowing since I added the gorgonian with epoxy the other day and it hasn't slowed down at all. I raised it up two inches, turned the pump as low as it can possibly go, and still it is just dumping water out of the cup.

I'm legitimately starting to think that I will never be able to use a skimmer on this tank ever again. It's been overflowing since I added the gorgonian with epoxy the other day and it hasn't slowed down at all. I raised it up two inches, turned the pump as low as it can possibly go, and still it is just dumping water out of the cup.

I've had mine overflow for as much as three or four straight days before. Superglue or epoxy can really put it out of whack for a while.

jedimasterben

I've had mine overflow for as much as three or four straight days before. Superglue or epoxy can really put it out of whack for a while.

It's down to two or three drops out of the cup every second, so it's at least slowing down, but I've never had it go this long, been about 48 hours now. You'd think with not only turning it all the way down but raising it up would have at least done something :lol:

Add a drop or two of fish oil

Do people actually keep fish oil in their house? :blink:

Besides, that would only help for a short time. I've fed frozen food twice since then and it hasn't missed a beat in overflowing.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Nice gorg. Pretty chunky, LOL.

Pease post a pic when it fully opens

Yeah, I was like wtf, I gotta have it. I think it is a 'corky finger' gorg, Briareum asbestinum. I originally didn't want this species because it is very aggressive, but I figure that literally nothing except algae grows super fast in this tank so what do I care :lol:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

WOW, I like that waspfish !

Does she require live food?

This one and my previous one I lost both took to frozen LRS Reef Frenzy after a few days.

call him and tell him what your looking for.

Wait, people still use phones for calling?? :wacko:

;)

• Like 3

This one and my previous one I lost both took to frozen LRS Reef Frenzy after a few days.

Wait, people still use phones for calling?? :wacko:

;)

you could face time him :lol: I'm going in there this weekend I get you some pics of his not overkill priced mushies. I just buy his booger sized $10 ones. He does get some high end stuff but usually sells it for a tad over what he paid for it...dudes got to make a living but he won't mark it up 300%. Found a jawbreaker baby there for $20...of course Mr. Snappy Pants had to have it. (Stupid shrimp) Still hoping it turns up
  • Like 2
jedimasterben

you could face time him :lol: I'm going in there this weekend I get you some pics of his not overkill priced mushies. I just buy his booger sized $10 ones. He does get some high end stuff but usually sells it for a tad over what he paid for it...dudes got to make a living but he won't mark it up 300%. Found a jawbreaker baby there for $20...of course Mr. Snappy Pants had to have it. (Stupid shrimp) Still hoping it turns up

Damn. That's a good price for one of any size.

Tell him to add some of that stuff to his site so people like me can buy them :D

jedimasterben

Good news - power outage. No info on the cause of any ETA, but I swear to god, if it's the same bullshit they pulled last month and charged $200 to fix their mistake, I will burn them to the ####ing ground.

More good news - when my two Tunzes are set to be controlled by the Apex, they shut off when no signal is received, meaning they cannot run on battery power except manually. Yay.

jedimasterben

And that made me look at DD today and they had another waspfish, but it was also a female, I want a male to go with my current female, so the search continues :)

And that made me look at DD today and they had another waspfish, but it was also a female, I want a male to go with my current female, so the search continues :)

My pair are really interesting to watch, they will go all over the aquarium together. However if he gets near her "cave," she will chase him away. He does not seem to have a particular area he calls home

• Like 1

Good news - power outage. No info on the cause of any ETA, but I swear to god, if it's the same bullshit they pulled last month and charged $200 to fix their mistake, I will burn them to the ####### ground.

More good news - when my two Tunzes are set to be controlled by the Apex, they shut off when no signal is received, meaning they cannot run on battery power except manually. Yay.

Hope they restore your power soon sir, I know how frustrating it is. I just had a 6 hr outage Christmas Eve that did some damage to my tank. Longest outage I have very experienced.

Ordered a Battey Backup for the MP10's immediately. First time every having a loss from no power.

Coral did fine, Baby clowns, not so much.... Lost the pair.............

Hoping for the best for you.... Shane

jedimasterben

My pair are really interesting to watch, they will go all over the aquarium together. However if he gets near her "cave," she will chase him away. He does not seem to have a particular area he calls home

:lol:

When he is at her house he is probably all over her trying to get lucky, so she is like NO, YOU CAN'T COME OVER FOR FISH WATCHING AND CHILL

Hope they restore your power soon sir, I know how frustrating it is. I just had a 6 hr outage Christmas Eve that did some damage to my tank. Longest outage I have very experienced.

Ordered a Battey Backup for the MP10's immediately. First time every having a loss from no power.

Coral did fine, Baby clowns, not so much.... Lost the pair.............

Hoping for the best for you.... Shane

Everything was fine here, luckily I was home and thought to check the tank before I took the daughter and left for the day. Really sucks to have losses, especially at Christmas :(

Power company gave an automatic call and said I had power restored at 12:34PM, but in reality it didn't actually come back on until 5:24PM, as when my NAS boots up after a power loss it emails me.

So I guess that I will no longer be controlling my two Tunzes via the Apex. I don't want to sacrifice the tank's only flow during an outage for being able to make fancier switching patterns. Meh. Not 100% sure on programming the built-in 7090 controllers to sync them up, but it doesn't look too hard to figure out.

FISH WATCHING AND CHILL

:P

I hate power outages though. I've only had to deal with one that was longer than a 'blip', and it was only five hours or so.