Innovative Marine Aquariums

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

What?

TANGPOLICE.jpg

;)

That is a drop dead gorgeous fish.

Yes they are. They had about half a dozen of them left yesterday, and this one had some of the best coloration and the most spots. I originally went in not wanting any fish but couldn't resist.

• Like 3
shaneandjohn

Wow Ben, I really like what you have done with this tank! This is by far your best yet... We need a full Frontal Tank Shot :)

Your corals seem to have much more Pop, are you doing anything differently you would like to discuss? ;)

• Like 3

Went to reefers garage today. He hand some nice $10-$40 shrooms. Nothing super impressive but some nice stuff. He had a sexy $250 Yuma and a pink bounce with no price...ASD has some great shroom combo rocks this time around on thier R2R sale

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Wow Ben, I really like what you have done with this tank! This is by far your best yet... We need a full Frontal Tank Shot :)

Your corals seem to have much more Pop, are you doing anything differently you would like to discuss? ;)

There is an FTS on the previous page :)

I wouldn't say I have any more pop than I did before, one or two have actually lost color from where they were in the 40. Wanting the green body to come back on the big leather in the back left. <_<

:lol: better watch out someone might knock on the door........

Hell I don't care I had one in my fusion 20..........

*knock knock knock*

SURPRISE MOTHA####A

Also, surprise, motha####as :D

31271727244_7b9e253320_h.jpg

Went to reefers garage today. He hand some nice $10-$40 shrooms. Nothing super impressive but some nice stuff. He had a sexy $250 Yuma and a pink bounce with no price...ASD has some great shroom combo rocks this time around on thier R2R sale

I'll have to check out ASD. Thanks sancho :)

• Like 10
jedimasterben

i thought he was looking for one last year?

No, he still has it.

Or if you want a square ish one, the Hamilton Cayman Sun (which is this one) was like $130.

Using a 150w DE Phoenix, but I'm not 100% on it. I was running a 250w SE Radium in a Lumenbright Mini, but the reflector was just too big, and I had to hang it two feet above the tank to not fry everything, so the look of the hardware was just shit.

Anyone out there want a Lumenbright Mini and 250w Radium with about 500 hours on it?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Oh look at that light that you've had for how long now? :)

I hung up the 250w fixture on November 9th. Can see how it was super crooked and irritating lol.

31924806096_852274366a_h.jpg

And these are the LED strips I'm using for dawn/dusk and as supplement. Two strips of three BlueAcro 14K Acrostrips. Love the color on these things, the 5700K 90CRI Luxeon C is an awesome chip.

31039146166_5a49fc855f_h.jpg

• Like 3

It's not THAT crazy, is it? :P

I like my MH on my garage tank........I almost bought a T5 MH combo for the big tank.......

Looks good!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I like my MH on my garage tank........I almost bought a T5 MH combo for the big tank.......

Looks good!

Eh, it's pretty okay lol. The shimmer is good, but I can get that from a good LED array, too, so that's moot. I'm not all in on the color of the Phoenix, but it's also just a few days old at this point, so not quite broken in yet.

Eh, it's pretty okay lol. The shimmer is good, but I can get that from a good LED array, too, so that's moot. I'm not all in on the color of the Phoenix, but it's also just a few days old at this point, so not quite broken in yet.

I have always loved the 14K bulbs........but after having the LEDs the blues grew on me so mine is a 250 single ended 20K over my garage tank. Its old and needs replacing but it grows things.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I have always loved the 14K bulbs........but after having the LEDs the blues grew on me so mine is a 250 single ended 20K over my garage tank. Its old and needs replacing but it grows things.

Now that I have some more fluorescent corals I appreciate bluer light more, but the Phoenix is nowhere close to 14,000K lol, and the Radium is only slightly higher in color temp. The Phoenix is a true 8-10K and the Radium is 12K at best. An actual 20,000K blackbody radiator would be almost exclusively blue in output, and the Radium is white with a touch of blue to the eye :)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

What a pretty tang.

You know...I like the new/modern LED lights but there's something to say for the old MH industrial look. I like it!

They're also pretty easy to gut and retro. :)

• Like 2