Coral Vue Hydros

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

Tank is looking great Ben. My DC2000 in my skimmer recently shut down also. My fault really, I had never cleaned the thing since I got it. After tearing it down, filling the pump with vinegar and soaking the impeller in vinegar it was as good as new, luckily. Was the DCS a straight swap? I'm looking at buying a DC2000 & DC3000 to have laying around as spares and have found the newer DCS or DCT options are cheaper and easier to source being the newer variants.

• Like 1

Tank is looking great Ben. My DC2000 in my skimmer recently shut down also. My fault really, I had never cleaned the thing since I got it. After tearing it down, filling the pump with vinegar and soaking the impeller in vinegar it was as good as new, luckily. Was the DCS a straight swap? I'm looking at buying a DC2000 & DC3000 to have laying around as spares and have found the newer DCS or DCT options are cheaper and easier to source being the newer variants.

The DCS is a direct swap, it's what replaced the older DC series pumps.

• Like 1

Thanks :), I'll keep that in mind as I put together my shopping list.

Fish Street runs them on sale once in a while at 50% off, make sure you have signed up for their mailing list.

Ben, mine had sympathy pains, the friggin caulerpa went sexual and the skimmer was kaput. :rant:

• Like 1

Got the new impeller on Saturday, but didn't know it was delivered and got it out and installed today. Lost power shortly after and the pump started up normally, so hopefully it continues to work. It is overflowing, so I have the drain open for now. Hair algae has exploded in the tank over the past few days, so this is just in time, though too late to prevent this 'outbreak'.

I do have one bit of good news, though. So a few years ago, I got a small frag of some palythoa. They were closed up in the shop but had decent color and were thrown in for free. The first pic I could find is from 12/23/2012, but I'm pretty sure I had them all the way back in my 55g tank, which would have put them in early 2012, not at the end of it.

29955490235_17ce8cc0b9_o.jpg

Anyway, they never opened, and almost immediately lost their color. Not once in around four years have I seen these polyps open or really colorful, and one soon disappeared over time, leaving just one polyp.

This pic was from June 1st of this year, you can see the remaining polyp on the right.

27370824636_70ce660db4_o.jpg

Nice and turd brown. Well, when looking at the tank today, this is what I saw.

29916780436_c818a557f9_o.jpg

No skirt or anything, but it is mostly open and is not turd brown (though partially bleached, or that could just be pigment starting to get replaced?). I have no clue why I kept that one polyp for all this time, but I did. :)

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Lol did she jump out?

No, that was just after getting it from LA. I also got a nice maxima clam that died the next day. The bag I got it in was so cloudy I could barely see in it, and one of my hermits must have known it was on its way out because it made a beeline for it as soon as the clam hit the water and starting eating it from the byssal opening.

I also got a pygmy hawkfish, a yellow clown goby, and a small hammer frag at the LFS the same day, but I have not seen the clown goby at all since putting it in, and normally those things are always out and about.

Quit imitating me! lol! That look is me a lot of times. Not to mention we could be brothers.

Close in appearance! I just had my hair cur down to a 1...closest to scalp. Any closer it would be Bic-ed (shaved) ;)

FTS 9/20/2016

29527879470_89c6b4dd6a_o.jpg

29527875910_243d53045b_o.jpg

29820688295_8029ca1276_o.jpg

29527873070_75ecbc5b11_o.jpg

29527871290_f605014d28_o.jpg

The sole survivor.

29194395933_9ff83db1b3_o.jpg

They probably area, but I don't need a return pump lol. Plus, I'm all DC ;)

What the heck is a scotchbrite tool lol

The tank looks awesome! I'm still sad about your fishies. But I'm glad you have the sole survivor.

No, that was just after getting it from LA. I also got a nice maxima clam that died the next day. The bag I got it in was so cloudy I could barely see in it, and one of my hermits must have known it was on its way out because it made a beeline for it as soon as the clam hit the water and starting eating it from the byssal opening.

I also got a pygmy hawkfish, a yellow clown goby, and a small hammer frag at the LFS the same day, but I have not seen the clown goby at all since putting it in, and normally those things are always out and about.

You go to prove my theory that LA clams suck ass.

No, very much alive :)

oh, whew. When I saw him in your hand I assumed he was dead. Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong.

Reppin Nanobox at the end of the world (or at least Florida).

29523442654_587f0ffc7d_b.jpg

Haha. You don't look anything like I pictured.

• Like 1

Hope you had no issues from the storm. We only had a few power flickers here North of Orlando, which is surprising for the apartments I live in. We've lost power due to sunshowers before.