Cultivated Reef

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

I think I'm safe. Mine are just glade plugins and they are turned way down.

Yeah, these are some fancy looking ones she probably got at Ulta or some shit.

And the orange male clownfish and waspfish both found dead this morning, could not see the filefish or watchman goby, just the black female clownfish, and her fins were torn. yay.

The female clown needed to be euthanized today. The radial filefish and watchman goby are both co firmed alive, easy breathing. The filefish was my smallest and the watchman is one of the least active fish ive ever seen, the lazy bum. Maybe that year living with the mantis shrimp he didn't have to work and that set him on the path for the rest of his life.

I did at least get my replacement skimmer pump in today. Got it installed and now it is running at the lowest output to start breaking in. The corals aren't gonna know why their house is suddenly cleaner lol

Marc.The.Shark

Aww man, that sucks. Hope it gets better soon for you! I got something from the air in my new tank as well, not as bad as you, but have an outbreak of that white stringy bacteria all over. Happened on my other tank a year ago when they cleaned the carpets and sprayed some enzyme crap when I wasn't home. Those plug in air fresheners will definitely foul a tank too, especially open top.Think mine came from my son's bubble machine that's supposed to only be used outside! I have some Dr. Tims Re-Fresh on the way, hopefully that helps. I hate you lost the fish, the wasp fish was beautiful!

And the orange male clownfish and waspfish both found dead this morning, could not see the filefish or watchman goby, just the black female clownfish, and her fins were torn. yay.

That is heartbreaking...especially the Waspfish :(

Yeah, this is really depressing. One of the worst parts is that my wife doesn't really seem to care. She just was like 'oops, didn't think of that' and that was the end of it for her. She understood a bit more today when I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a Tupperware container, filled it with ice and water, and then walked out of the tank room. She was like 'what's in there?' Then I showed her the then-dead black clownfish and she just put her down and said 'oh.'

The skimmer has a good foam head already and is pulling out some junk. The new pump is a DCS model, the original is a DC, and I could tell right away the output difference between the two, with the DCS needing to run on the second or third output setting, and the DC running at the seventh setting (all out of eight).

Yeah, this is really depressing. One of the worst parts is that my wife doesn't really seem to care. She just was like 'oops, didn't think of that' and that was the end of it for her. She understood a bit more today when I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a Tupperware container, filled it with ice and water, and then walked out of the tank room. She was like 'what's in there?' Then I showed her the then-dead black clownfish and she just put her down and said 'oh.'

The skimmer has a good foam head already and is pulling out some junk. The new pump is a DCS model, the original is a DC, and I could tell right away the output difference between the two, with the DCS needing to run on the second or third output setting, and the DC running at the seventh setting (all out of eight).

Could you ask her where she bought the plug-in from? I use one, a glade one I think, but it is far away from my tank and turned on very low.

Could you ask her where she bought the plug-in from? I use one, a glade one I think, but it is far away from my tank and turned on very low.

I found one of the ununsed scent thingies, it's from Bath & Body Works, looks like it's called Wallflowers. they're pretty, but a big ball of nope. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4147324&cm_sp=FO-_-Home+Fragrance-_-Wallflowers+Plugs&cp=12586994.12936197

I found one of the ununsed scent thingies, it's from Bath & Body Works, looks like it's called Wallflowers. they're pretty, but a big ball of nope. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4147324&cm_sp=FO-_-Home+Fragrance-_-Wallflowers+Plugs&cp=12586994.12936197

Hmm, I will certainly stay away from those. I wonder what the heck was in it that caused such a catastrophe in your tank. :( Are the filefish and watchman eating?

We've had issues with the impellers freezing on our Coralbox skimmers Ben. A 20 min soak in full strength vinegar frees them right up, it's a really piss poor design. I take all of mine down monthly and soak the impellers for 20 mins to get rid of the deposits. It's a lot easier to clean them before the seize up. I replaced 2 power supplies before I figured out hat it was mechanical instead of an electrical issue. I'm really tempted to take a shaft to the shop and mill some spiral grooves in it. The issue seems to be a lot worse on the tanks I dose vinegar in.

Ben,

I know you have your coralvue contact where you get the free stuff. Ask them if the gyre 250 pump only no longer works with icecap module or the classic controller that came in the box with the original gyre. I was told at MACNA by maxspect man himself that the old 150 and new 250 electronically are the same but some people are saying they are not.

Ben,

I know you have your coralvue contact where you get the free stuff. Ask them if the gyre 250 pump only no longer works with icecap module or the classic controller that came in the box with the original gyre. I was told at MACNA by maxspect man himself that the old 150 and new 250 electronically are the same but some people are saying they are not.

I actually haven't really heard anything about the 200 series gyres other than that they exist. Who did you talk to at MACNA? Howard?

Ben,

The XF250 will work with the IceCap module the motor is the same.

We've had issues with the impellers freezing on our Coralbox skimmers Ben. A 20 min soak in full strength vinegar frees them right up, it's a really piss poor design. I take all of mine down monthly and soak the impellers for 20 mins to get rid of the deposits. It's a lot easier to clean them before the seize up. I replaced 2 power supplies before I figured out hat it was mechanical instead of an electrical issue. I'm really tempted to take a shaft to the shop and mill some spiral grooves in it. The issue seems to be a lot worse on the tanks I dose vinegar in.

Well dicks, this is probably the issue, as the pump stopped spinning sometime between last night and this afternoon. They only sent the pump body and controller, so I had to use the same impeller. I will give it a soak and then try and remember to do it often. :wacko:

• Like 1