Coral Vue Hydros

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

Maybe it brought in some awful disease that isn't ich.

But it wouldn't have affected the corals or explain the film on the top of the tank. I've thought about every disease I've been up against at this point and the quick deaths point to brooklynella, but none of the fish had any other symptoms.

Well dicks, this is probably the issue, as the pump stopped spinning sometime between last night and this afternoon. They only sent the pump body and controller, so I had to use the same impeller. I will give it a soak and then try and remember to do it often. :wacko:

The inner shaft "welds" itself to the outer section. Are you dosing vinegar?

The inner shaft "welds" itself to the outer section. Are you dosing vinegar?

No, though I added some here and there when running this skimmer in the 40. But I did not have any issues until I started running it in this new system.

Just bought a second impeller from Fish-street. This way I can have one on hand to swap out when I need to soak it again.

• Like 1

I have the whole pump assembly, that way you can just swap it out with minimal down time. It seems that there's an issue with the vinegar dosing and this particular pump/impeller design, there's another skimmer with the same issue and the name escapes me at the moment.

I have the whole pump assembly, that way you can just swap it out with minimal down time. It seems that there's an issue with the vinegar dosing and this particular pump/impeller design, there's another skimmer with the same issue and the name escapes me at the moment.

When you soak the impeller, does it look or feel any different? I just pulled mine apart to soak in vinegar and it looks and feels brand new. After about 10 minutes in vinegar there hasn't been any kind of reaction, no calcification at all.

Both my small jebao DC return pumps failed pretty quick. They have sent out warranty housings and a impeller. Fingers crossed mine don't fail again. On my DC2000 water was able to get into the back where it was not sealed properly shorting the pump out. On my DC 650 I think the impeller was poorly balanced.

When you soak the impeller, does it look or feel any different? I just pulled mine apart to soak in vinegar and it looks and feels brand new. After about 10 minutes in vinegar there hasn't been any kind of reaction, no calcification at all.

I cleaned out both the impeller and where the impeller goes into the motor housing itself. I'll have to pull one apart tomorrow and take a look. Which size pump is on it Ben? Just make sure the shaft is free of the main impeller.

Also, check the power supply just to be sure, they are shitty SUPAR CHINA power supplies and they only last a year at best

I cleaned out both the impeller and where the impeller goes into the motor housing itself. I'll have to pull one apart tomorrow and take a look. Which size pump is on it Ben? Just make sure the shaft is free of the main impeller.

The old pump was a DC-2000 and the new one is a DCS-2000. Much stronger than the old pump when running. On mine, the impeller shaft is fused to the needle wheel and magnet.

The old pump was a DC-2000 and the new one is a DCS-2000. Much stronger than the old pump when running. On mine, the impeller shaft is fused to the needle wheel and magnet.

There's another ceramic bearing down inside the motor itself, make sure you clean that with vinegar as well. It doesn't take much to stop one. Mine come offline on the first of every month and get a quick dip in vinegar.

There's another ceramic bearing down inside the motor itself, make sure you clean that with vinegar as well. It doesn't take much to stop one. Mine come offline on the first of every month and get a quick dip in vinegar.

This is a brand new pump, so it shouldn't have anything on it. It was working great for a day, then I lost power and when it came back on the pump will no longer start, just like before. I was able to smack it and get it going again, but it must be the impeller.

This is a brand new pump, so it shouldn't have anything on it. It was working great for a day, then I lost power and when it came back on the pump will no longer start, just like before. I was able to smack it and get it going again, but it must be the impeller.

I'm going to open the pair of spares I have here about .0020 and see if that makes a difference. I think the damn tolerances are too tight. I hit one of mine with my Scotchbrite tool and I haven't had an issue with the one that's in service right now. It's been running for 2 months on the rock tank.

• Like 1

FTS 9/20/2016
29527879470_89c6b4dd6a_o.jpg

29527875910_243d53045b_o.jpg

29820688295_8029ca1276_o.jpg

29527873070_75ecbc5b11_o.jpg

29527871290_f605014d28_o.jpg

The sole survivor.
29194395933_9ff83db1b3_o.jpg

Fluval SP2 is cheap right now on amazon. Ordered the SP4 last week. Beast pumps.

They probably area, but I don't need a return pump lol. Plus, I'm all DC ;)

I'm going to open the pair of spares I have here about .0020 and see if that makes a difference. I think the damn tolerances are too tight. I hit one of mine with my Scotchbrite tool and I haven't had an issue with the one that's in service right now. It's been running for 2 months on the rock tank.

What the heck is a scotchbrite tool lol

• Like 7

It looks amazing

Thanks!

Looks like a buffing pad, but made out of Scotchbrite. You know what Scotchbrite is?

Yes, didn't think that would be what you were talking about lol

Robin-Williams-What-Year-Is-It-Jumanji.g

Loving the reef!

LOL, oops! thanks!

• Like 1

It goes on a die grinder, I use them for cleaning up the cavities of moulds I build. I have some more on order, when I get them in, I'll send you one to play with, you can put them in a drill as well.