SaltCritters.com

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

I am sorry Ben that you lost the anthias. I do think they can be difficult to transition.

I am happy to hear that the chromis seem to be doing pretty well and that the coral look good. The tank looks real nice as a whole.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I am sorry Ben that you lost the anthias. I do think they can be difficult to transition.

I am happy to hear that the chromis seem to be doing pretty well and that the coral look good. The tank looks real nice as a whole.

The crappy thing is that they were just settling in and eating well. But I agree that anthias can just drop like flies for no apparent reason.

Looks like the new Apex system will arrive Monday, the Coralvue goodies on Tuesday, and the Apex double junction pH and ORP probes from BRS on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Just realized I don't have any pH calibration fluid, though, gonna need that.

• Like 1

Hmmm where would you place your temp probe for the apex? Trying to figure out where to put mine. The heater is in the big skimmer chamber in my sump on the reefer. The temp probe is pretty much in front the filter socks kinda in the chamber.

jedimasterben

Hmmm where would you place your temp probe for the apex? Trying to figure out where to put mine. The heater is in the big skimmer chamber in my sump on the reefer. The temp probe is pretty much in front the filter socks kinda in the chamber.

Mine are probably all gonna end up just hanging out in the return chamber of the sump lol.

jedimasterben

When's it coming? Curious to what your opinion is of the new vibrant aquarium cleaner additive?

Tuesday, I think.

The Vibrant stuff is just another purported miracle cure. Big claims with nothing to back them up except some pictures without context. :)

• Like 2

Tuesday, I think.

The Vibrant stuff is just another purported miracle cure. Big claims with nothing to back them up except some pictures without context. :)

Wow I finally can understand something you said and agree with you :P maybe this love affair isn't over.
  • Like 3

Tuesday, I think.

:blink: I know you're right but I want you to be wrong

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Apex? Wheres the fishbit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1758456789/fishbit-your-aquarium-made-simple/posts/1721153

They need a few more weeks to even establish a timeline for delivery, so it'll likely be December before we get the timeline, and another 3-6 months after that for delivery so long as there aren't any other delays.

:blink: I know you're right but I want you to be wrong

I'd love to be wrong in this case, but I'd have a better chance of being a Nigerian prince in this case. ;)

• Like 1

I was super excited for the fish bit but I had to cancel my pre order back in august I think it wasn't to far before the first supposed release. I hope they get things going soon looked promising. Only problem is it's almost as much as apex and can't do as much yet

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I was super excited for the fish bit but I had to cancel my pre order back in august I think it wasn't to far before the first supposed release. I hope they get things going soon looked promising. Only problem is it's almost as much as apex and can't do as much yet

It was a great idea, but it takes a lot of time and resources to get hardware working well, and not to mention on a mass scale, and I don't think they have the manpower for that at this time. I know they're probably super discouraged by delay after delay and that pulling my preorder is not a good thing for them, but it's just what I've gotta do.

jedimasterben

Apex arrived, got it networked, reset to defaults, connected to Fusion, and programmed up for what I have now and some more stuff coming this week, and a couple of possible extra bits of hardware that I don't know if I need yet :)

• Like 4

Apex arrived, got it networked, reset to defaults, connected to Fusion, and programmed up for what I have now and some more stuff coming this week, and a couple of possible extra bits of hardware that I don't know if I need yet :)

Where were you over the weekend :lol: I could have used a little help as I am computer ignorant......... :blink:

• Like 1

What showed up :) ?
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

Took some pics tonight. The FTS looked awful lol, and most of the corals and gorgs were closed because I swapped the Tunze 6045 for a 6095 and took some time to get the Apex control dialed in.

30852365066_44a1d6f3cf_o.jpg

30587320060_b2983d82c3_o.jpg

30772410182_c0e532e035_o.jpg

30256554694_25c19463cf_o.jpg

30587318480_124da594f2_o.jpg

• Like 9

Are the pics super dark for anyone else? They were fine on my desktop, but on my phone they are wayyyy darker.

They're not super bright but they look fine to me. And they look the same on my phone and on my desktop.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

They're not super bright but they look fine to me. And they look the same on my phone and on my desktop.

They look fine on my work laptop, too, this morning. Something about my phone just makes them super dark apparently :)