ReefCleaners.org

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Dear BEN,

Thank you for shopping Drs. Foster & Smith's LiveAquaria.com!

We have received your order and will begin processing it immediately.

• Like 6
jedimasterben

Well, I ordered two fish. A magnificent foxface and a Fijian lyretail anthias. The foxface came in and is still getting used to the tank, it was very skittish all day today, but the anthias arrived DOA, unfortunately. :(

I've got 28 or so gallons of water to do a change today. By my calculations, my tank should hold a maximum of 28 gallons when running, not yet taking into account the trick, so this should be a 75% change or so.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Sorry about the anthias :(

Why such a big water change?

I have a 32g Brute, I fill it up to where my float valve is (somewhere between 28g and 30g, pretty sure it's closer to 28) and do a change that big whenever I get around to doing one, as it takes just about the same amount of time to change 30g as it does for 3-5g.

All drained!

30947255015_a229edf1fa_b.jpg

Filling back up. The foxface is still super skittish, but what little I have seen of it it is already nibbling on the hair algae in the tank.

30910983136_fb00fa1114_b.jpg

30858788431_c78ca6c0c1_b.jpg

30858790351_b94802d3e3_b.jpg

22768387188_e3f980346d_b.jpg

• Like 6
jedimasterben

Still one of my favorite tanks.

Like the scape on that top down.

Thanks jack! This is definitely my favorite aquascape I've ever made. I was worried before setting this tank up that a cube style would be so hard to scape, but just took my time and I love how it turned out!
  • Like 2

Thanks jack! This is definitely my favorite aquascape I've ever made. I was worried before setting this tank up that a cube style would be so hard to scape, but just took my time and I love how it turned out!

Yep....has a very natural feel to it.

I didnt realize how you have flow all the way around the rockwork.......I like it even more now!

Sorry about the DOAs.

• Like 1

I have a 32g Brute, I fill it up to where my float valve is (somewhere between 28g and 30g, pretty sure it's closer to 28) and do a change that big whenever I get around to doing one, as it takes just about the same amount of time to change 30g as it does for 3-5g.

All drained!

30947255015_a229edf1fa_b.jpg

Filling back up. The foxface is still super skittish, but what little I have seen of it it is already nibbling on the hair algae in the tank.

30910983136_fb00fa1114_b.jpg

30858788431_c78ca6c0c1_b.jpg

30858790351_b94802d3e3_b.jpg

22768387188_e3f980346d_b.jpg

Well lets see the chromis are on there side as no water :lol: you would be skiddish to.............

My foxface is the same way but I don't drain 100 gallons and re fill ;)

• Like 4
Marc.The.Shark

Ben, do you feed those Chromis multiple times a day? I'd like to get a green one for some color, but I only feed my fish about 4 times a week. With my schedule, I'm out of town a few days a week. I have an automatic feeder that I could set up, but don't want to go more than 1 feeding a day on that. All the info says multiple feedings per day cause so active. Don't want to try one to just have it waste away.

jedimasterben

Yep....has a very natural feel to it.

I didnt realize how you have flow all the way around the rockwork.......I like it even more now!

Sorry about the DOAs.

Yeah, have the powerhead aimed so that it hits the corner and disperses around it. The middle doesn't get a ton of flow, but I don't have a bunch of corals there, so it's not too bad.

Well lets see the chromis are on there side as no water :lol: you would be skiddish to.............

My foxface is the same way but I don't drain 100 gallons and re fill ;)

:lol:

He was skittish before this :P

Ben, do you feed those Chromis multiple times a day? I'd like to get a green one for some color, but I only feed my fish about 4 times a week. With my schedule, I'm out of town a few days a week. I have an automatic feeder that I could set up, but don't want to go more than 1 feeding a day on that. All the info says multiple feedings per day cause so active. Don't want to try one to just have it waste away.

Yes, I feed them at least two times with golden pearls and PE mysis pellets, and then usually every other day they get a chunk of LRS Reef Frenzy. They are very active fish and don't have particularly big stomachs, but they aren't like anthias and I've seen a lot of people keep them that only feed once a day or every other day, so you could at least try it.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Yes, I feed them at least two times with golden pearls and PE mysis pellets, and then usually every other day they get a chunk of LRS Reef Frenzy. They are very active fish and don't have particularly big stomachs, but they aren't like anthias and I've seen a lot of people keep them that only feed once a day or every other day, so you could at least try it.

Thanks. Maybe I will try one in that case. I'd love an Anthias but wouldn't attempt that on my feeding schedule. I have to feed frozen quite a bit cause my Orchid Dotty won't touch the flake or pellet, little shit! Lol. He's a pretty model citizen tho, so I've just accepted it.

jedimasterben

FTS 11/13/2016
22790656238_b2d70a7444_o.jpg

30933939956_2348314b1b_o.jpg

My starry blenny just jumped up to the front of the tank, which was kind of odd. Then, he scooted his back up to the glass and then kinda shimmied across it like he was scratching an itch, which was even weirder. Then, he turded the biggest load I've ever seen from a fish :o
22790657848_68d9dfc0bf_o.jpg

Dude's starting to warm up to me. Still a bit skittish if I come up to the tank too quickly.
30933943226_0efd0ceaba_o.jpg

22790660398_047cd58bed_o.jpg

Haven't seen any kind of color or polyps from the small leather that is in focus in the center in quite a long time. This one was from DD months ago as a dark green base with I think fluorescent polyps, but it deflated completely in the 40 and I had basically written it off, but kept it in the tank just in case. Might turn around?
30969338735_68a6637a35_o.jpg

30969339405_e27ac7a58e_o.jpg

30969340195_dee21d022c_o.jpg

I can finally keep GSP! yay!
30969340925_b9e234741b_o.jpg

Been a long road for this gorgonian. Basically everything but the stem died off, all the branches faded away so I cut them off, and slowly but surely they're regrowing. This one is SUCH a slower grower.
30933934746_5e842acc19_o.jpg

My SPL - small polyp leather. It's been super droopy for the past month, month and a half or so, and haven't seen the polyps out in a few months maybe? I haven't taken a ton of pictures of the corals after moving to this new tank, so I don't have many progression photos.
22790654148_138b8f4c33_o.jpg

'Mind blowing' palys. Still don't have the color they did back in the 80g tank.
30933931146_d1904b177f_o.jpg

22790652298_a615b66ed8_o.jpg

Fiji yellow leather.
30933927146_70d65823d0_o.jpg

This is a hard one to focus on (had to get it at an angle to the glass and it couldn't focus properly), but dead center the fluorescent green bits are some of the tentacles of the cristata I got from Saltcritters a while back. The polyps slowly bailed out on it over the last month or so and I just noticed today that they actually settled there. I wonder if it will just die or if it might try and regrow there.
22790650228_260427f471_o.jpg

• Like 9
jedimasterben

Looks awesome! I see you finally got a decent pic of the helfrichi :).

Thanks gena! Yes, I finally caught my great white whale (on camera lol)!

• Like 1
Mikeymikemike

Are the pics super dark for anyone else? They were fine on my desktop, but on my phone they are wayyyy darker.

I have the same issues. Some browsers such as chrome cannot understand the RGB profiles embedded in images. If you look at my images in firefox or safari they look fine. In chrome and the go a horrible purple. It's a browser issue.

jedimasterben

I have the same issues. Some browsers such as chrome cannot understand the RGB profiles embedded in images. If you look at my images in firefox or safari they look fine. In chrome and the go a horrible purple. It's a browser issue.

Yeah, it's really odd. Only on Chrome for android, though - on Windows and ChromeOS it displays them as I see them in Lightroom.

Mikeymikemike

you can test it with images on my thread too. Chrome will display them as super saturated and the other browsers are fine.

Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right.

15055760_10155201711915110_1653448198756

jedimasterben

So the Tunze 6095 I bought from someone here on NR only came with one of the little resistors for the power supply (they are interchangeable, come with a variety to adjust maximum power level so you have more granular control over flow) and it is 22v, which is almost full output. I have the pump currently running at 40% when the lights are on and it is still making water hit just above the rim so that my tank top gets wet. I also have no control, essentially, as at about 28% the pump cuts off, so doesn't leave a lot of room to adjust it up and down throughout the day, so I ordered a new 6055 to replace it, so if anyone that needs a lot of flow wants the 6095, let me know :)

jedimasterben

Haha I just realized you took out the gyre. Too much flow?

I just couldn't get it dialed in, I had either not enough flow or too much in specific spots.

Dude. Your tank is pretty. That is all.

Thanks! :)

jedimasterben

Well, the power was out for almost 9 hours today since my power company's third party payment processor 'didn't get' my online payment... again. Mother####ers.

Well, the power was out for almost 9 hours today since my power company's third party payment processor 'didn't get' my online payment... again. ############s.

How does the tank look?